‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Thirteen

"You know what?" I moved my arms in the air as I talked; looking at Zacky and Brian, "I think that this whole thing called life-" Zacky and Brian seemed interested, awesome! "-is really just a painful path to the peace of death!" I claimed as I smiled and moved onto the step, or edge of the building, whatever the fuck it was. Zacky and Brian laughed and nodded they heads in agreement. "So, what I'm saying is, why waste our time here suffering when we can just cut our way to peace?" I turned around and looked down, fuck that shit was high! I turned back to the guys. "I bet Heaven is full of booze and kinds of alcohol that we've never even knew exists!" I laughed. "I wanna go to Heaven!" I said and drank the little that was left in my bottle of…I have no idea what it was; I couldn't even read what it said. I tossed it to the road and heard the crash of it. "And you should go, Johnny! Heaven is waiting for you!" Brian said back supporting me. That's what friends are for. I smiled widely; I'm gonna do this shit, I'm gonna fucking jump. Alcohol Paradise, here I come!

As I turned around again I heard a panicked shout, someone was calling Jimmy. "Jesus Christ!" was the following thing I heard. I turned around to see what the fuck was it all about. All I saw was a tall guy running toward me and dropping me to the roof floor. My head hit the ground and I saw nothing, but I heard everything that was going on around me.

"Are you guys fucking insane?" I heard the voice of the same guy that shouted Jesus Christ earlier. There was a short silence and the same voice spoke again; "Why did you two stood there like idiots? He could have been dead right now!" Who is he talking about? Am I the idiot? Why am I called an idiot now? It seems like everyone enjoy calling me an idiot! Stupid idiots. "I dunno, he made sense" said a different voice, the voice sounded guilty and trying to burst out laughing.

Dammit why is it so dark? Someone should turn on the light! Light? Anyone? Please? I wanna see what's going on! "Brian could you explain how the fuck would jumping off a goddamn building make any sense?!" the Jesus voice said. Wait was he talking to Brian? Guilty voice is Brian? Oh maybe I know Jesus voice as well! Zacky? Is it Zacky? It must be Zacky! Who else could it be if not Zacky? "Uhh, Heaven made of beer?" Brian said. I laughed. Oh I definitely wanna go to that Heaven! "Take me to Heaven, baby!" I said and threw my arm up. Or at least tried to, why the fuck that shit wouldn't move? Something was blocking my arm!

"Johnny, are you awake?" Jesus voice asked me. I just realized how close he sounded! I nodded but then that hurt my head. Wait where am I? Am I still on the floor? Time to get up! I tried to do so but failed. "Dude why can't I move?" I asked. "Why can't I move?!" I asked again. "What happens why can't I move? Why can't I move?! Why the fuck can't I move?!" I shouted until someone covered my mouth. "Open your damn eyes" Jesus voice said. "Jimmy!!" I said as I saw the familiar face. I looked around. "Jimmy, why are you sitting on me?" I asked with a laugh. How random! To wake up with a Jimmy sitting on you. "Are you alright?" He asked. Oh, Jimmy was Jesus voice, Jimmy is Jesus voice!!

I tried to get up again, moving my body from side to side, but couldn't do anything. Jimmy laughed, "It's like a dog trying to get away from its owner!" he said as he looked to his left. "Why can't I move?" I asked again, getting annoyed. This isn't fun for me! "Because you've got me sitting on you making sure you can't move, silly" Jimmy said. Well that does make sense; I just didn't understand one part. "Why am I not allowed moving?" I asked him. "Because you are too drunk right now and we don't trust you, that's why" he answered. I nodded. "Okay cool. So can I get another drink?" I asked. He laughed and then talked to someone that seemed to be standing behind my head.

A weight was lifted from my left arm I and felt the need to shake it. Then a beer appeared in Jimmy's hand so I grabbed it. I couldn't even tell which beer it was, I just drank it all. "Done!" I said smiling and lifted the empty bottle in the air as a proof. "When will I be able to get up?" I asked bored. "Could be right now if you promise not to hurt yourself" he answered. I brought my left hand to my chest, "I promise!" I said smiling.

He got up and stood next to me, damn he looked like a … something really tall from down here! I threw my arm in the air waiting for someone to help me up. Once I was standing I rubbed my eyes and looked around. "Leana!" I exclaimed and ran toward her. She caught me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and leaned on her to help me stand steady. "Leane I love you" I said smiling. "Do you have anything to drink?" I asked. She laughed. "I had already given you my beer!" she said. Did she? When? Gotta find a drink from someone else.

I let go of her and turned around trying to see who is holding a drink. Zacky! Zacky has a drink! Need to get his drink. I walked over to Zacky and put my hand on his shoulder, it wasn't comfortable because the motherfucker is taller than me but it worked out. "I love you Zacky" I said nodding and tried to get his drink with my free hand. "No! Mine" he said and drank whatever was left in his bottle. Okay let's try Brian. He was standing on the other side of Zacky; I walked over to him and put my arm on his shoulder. "Can I have your drink?" I asked. "No" he simply said. "Please?" I asked again. He laughed, "No!" I made a sad face, "Please?" I said. He shook his head and kept on drinking. Bastard. I walked over to Jimmy and tried to put my arm on his shoulder. It was the least comfortable thing ever, I could barely reach there, but anything for some alcohol. "Johnny" he said, I looked at him smiling. "I don't even have a drink" he said. I crossed my arms annoyed. No drinks equal no fun.

"Okay Johnny let's get you little drunkie out of here" Jimmy said and put my arm around his shoulder. Then he got it off there and called Zacky and Brian instead to be on both of my sides. I laughed. "Guys I can walk by myself" I said, they're so stupid sometimes. They walked me over some stairs and we got into somewhere. Then went down a lot of stairs, and then I heard music. Alright, party! We walked through where the music came from. A bar! I'm in a bar! I took my arms off the guys' shoulders and started looking for my wallet through my pockets. "Found it!" I shouted when I finally found the wallet. Then I walked over the counter and put some money on it. "I want…" I started thinking what to get "…something good" I said and laughed. The bartender gave me the thumb up and walked over to get me something. "That's an awesome mix, try that" he said and gave me a cup filled with liquid. I didn't even care what it was, I just drank it. Fuck that shit was good! "More!" I said happily the bartender got me the same thing but in a smaller cup. "Why so little?" I said sadly but yet took the shot. Then put it on the counter again in order to get more.

"That's enough" I heard a voice and the bartender didn't give me more. Jimmy sat next to me. "Johnny, we don't want to see you pass out on your own vomit, alright? Not this time, you've gotta stop drinking before that happens again" Jimmy said, I rolled my eyes. "I can handle some alcohol, Jimmy! I'm not a kid!" I said and grabbed a random bottle that was on the counter. I poured some of it into a cup but then Jimmy took it and drank in. "Hey!" I said annoyed, he stole my drink! "You're going back home. Now" he said. I crossed my arms and made an unhappy face. "I'll give you a beer for the ride" he said. I smiled and got up. I started walking and lost balance, lucky that Brian was next to me! I fell on his shoulder. Then Zacky and Brian helped me walk again and we got into the car. I was sitting in the middle of the backseat with them on my sides. A minute later two people entered the car and the car started. A beer was handed to me from the driver; I grabbed it and took a sip, yummy. I tried to figure out who was the other person sitting in the car. I tried to look through mirrors. Leana! That was Leana. I smiled to myself proud of my smart thinking and kept on drinking the beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
There might be lack of updates now for awhile because starting tomorrow I work almost every day until August 17th, then until the 24th I won't really have time to write and school starts on September 1st. I'll try to write whenever I get to, but I'm not sure how much time that would be.
Anyway thanks for reading and commenting ^^