‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Fourteen

I've always done weird stupid things when being drunk. Ever since I started drinking. But last night was the most dangerous I've ever done. Was funny as hell though! Think of it, the great bassist of Avenged Sevenfold died on his way to Beer Paradise? That's effing ridiculous! But I guess it's not so funny at the same time, I mean, it could have ended in a tragedy. I don't wanna die, sure not kill myself and definitely not jump off a roof. Lucky Jimmy was there.

In the past I have done tons of ridiculous stuff such as dying my hair to pink, picking up a fight with someone while wearing boxers and cowboy hat only, walking into a bar with a pile of crap in my hand, buying random stuff that I had hard time getting rid of after, becoming homeless; most anything. It's always funny the next day, sometimes I regret stuff though. But the regrets are mainly about drunk phone calls, you know how it is. I got many haters that way.

The day after we decided we should hang out just the guys and the girls. I mean, the A7X guys, their girls and the Berrys, like on tours. We haven't done that all together since we came back from touring because, well, after seeing each other's faces every single day for so long we need a little break from each other. We decided we'd all just hang out at my place with beer, popcorn and the six Harry Potter movies. Could you believe that most of them have never watched any Harry Potter movie? Finally they will see how awesome these are!

Jimmy and I just got back from the store with extra beers and popcorn. We made our way to the kitchen so we could make some popcorn and start the movies, everyone were in the living room already waiting for us. "Dude, what are the DiBenedettos doing here?" he asked as soon as we were in the kitchen. "I was supposed to invite the A7X girls, wasn't I?" I asked back confused. He looked at me for a second blinking. "Which they no longer are" he said in an obvious tone. What the fuck is up with me lately? Always calling the wrong people, seriously I think I might have left my brain somewhere. "Did you invite Matt too?" he asked a minute later. "No!" I answered quickly. I for sure wouldn't have invited him to the same place Val was at, wouldn't do that mistake again.

After that we kept silence for awhile, the only sound was the popcorn popping in the microwave. Two minutes later it was time to get the delicious popcorn out of the machine. I took out a big bowl, spilling it into it, entered another bag of popcorn into the microwave and then salted the popcorn that was already done. Jimmy came over and took some. He gave me the thumb up as he chewed them, approving the taste.

"Do you think Brian will be fine with seeing Michelle?" I asked after another minute of silence. I saw how it affected Matt breaking up; I don't want the same to happen to Brian too. Jimmy laughed a bit. "Oh he's just fine, don't worry. It's Mich you should be worry about! I heard she's taking the whole thing really hard" Okay that's good, at least I won't get beat up about that.

Once the other bag of popcorn was all done and salty each of us grabbed a bowl in one hand and a six pack on the other and we went to the living room. The Berrys were sitting on one of the couches; Jason had his girl on his lap while Matt had his right by his side. Brian was sitting on an arm chair listening to his iPod. Zacky and Gena were sitting on the floor making out. The twins were sitting on another couch with Leana.

Jimmy tossed a bottle of beer to each of the Berrys, their girls and to Brian and kept the last bottle from his pack to himself. I gave a bottle to each Zacky, Gene, Val, Michelle and Leana, as well as keeping the other one for me. After we both left the popcorn on the table I went to get a sit, pushing myself to between Val and Leana. I put my arms around them both and hugged them "These are my girls" I said and they both laughed. "Get up Seward or I'm sitting on you" Jimmy said as he stood in front of me. I kissed them both on the cheek and got up. As soon as Jimmy sat down he crushed his lips on Leana's. I rolled my eyes, they'd be making out through the whole six movies! Worse, I can see them already sneaking into my bedroom or shower, ew I don't want that in my house! "Okay no, if you're planning on making out the whole movie you're sitting on the floor!" I said. They slipped off the couch. Motherfuckers. I grabbed one of the popcorn bowls and sat next to Val once again.

It was past half way through the first movie, the part where Harry, Hermione and Ron are making their way to the philosopher's stone. Jimmy was focused on the movie more than anyone, Leana was asleep on his shoulder, Gena and Zacky were making out again, Brian was playing with his empty beer bottle bored, Matt Berry was asleep and the rest that were sitting on the couch with him were putting popcorn wherever they could on him, inside his nose and whatnot, Val was watching the movie interestingly but seemed to be slowly falling asleep and Michelle was just staring at Brian. I knew at least some of them would like it!

I heard the door open. I tried to remember if someone was supposed to come here but nothing came to my mind. When the door slammed everybody woke up. I heard Matt Berry gasp. "What the fuck is that?! Jason you are dead!" he said as he started cleaning himself from all the popcorn, Jason just laughed. "But you looked so adorable with all the popcorn!" Matt's girlfriend said smiling at him. There were footsteps and everyone looked over to the hallway, waiting to see who showed up. Well, everyone except for Jimmy who was still focused on the movie.

"Johnny did I leave my-" I heard a sound. As soon as the person entered the living room he stopped talking. He wasn't even a second in there before he ran off. I jumped off the couch and ran out of the house trying to follow him. He was so much faster than me but he only ran for a couple or streets before he stopped and sat down, leaning against some wall. I sat down next to him, trying to catch my breathe.

"Are you alright?" I asked looking at him. He sighed; his green eyes were sad and confused. "I should have fucking knocked" he said. I didn't know what to say back. What was he doing at my place anyway? "It's just…" he continued "Seeing everyone again, like really everyone was so weird. It looked like always, like normal, like nothing was missing; like no one ever needed me" he said. I felt bad for him; I wouldn't want to find all my friends hanging out like that without me! "Hey, you are missing" I said. "All the people in that room, they used to be your closest friends. And the fact that they have gone insane doesn't make you any less important" I said trying to cheer him up.

"Thanks" he said back. "I should have knocked. I should have stayed at home. I should have never told you and the guys. I should have never gone to that damn bar. I should have never fought with Val, I should have never met you all, I should have never even born here! Life could have been just so much simpler if none of the previous would have happened. I could have been a stupid drunk guy in Vegas right this very moment!" he said annoyed. I remained silent, I didn't know what to say but I knew with Matt that saying nothing is way better than saying the wrong thing.

"I'm sorry for throwing all of this at you, I'd just go back home now" he said and was about to get up. "Not at all" I said stopping him. "I'm here for you exactly for that very reason, so you would have someone to throw all of this at" I said with a smile. "I know they're acting like idiots right now but don't worry they'll be back to be who they always are in no time, okay? Just hold on there" I said. He nodded. We sat like that for awhile, he was deep in thoughts and I didn't want to bother him.

"What were you looking for?" I asked after a few minutes have passed. "Just wanted to check if I left my sunglasses there, I lost them" he laughed. "I'll check tomorrow if I got them" I said and smiled. "I'd better go back now" I said and got up, offering him my help to get up. "Nah I'll stay here for a bit, got nothing to do anyway" he said smiling. I felt bad for him, he smiled but I could see the sadness in his eyes. "Alright, call me if you need anything?" I answered. "Sure. Thanks bro'" he said. I smiled "No problem" I answered and then went back home. I wonder if everyone even got to see him, he was in the living room for like, what, one second?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo, update at 3am! XD
As always, thanks for reading! :D