‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Eighteen

Waiting for my pizza to get here I watched some TV. I let out a yawn as the door bell rang and then got up and searched for my wallet. Finding it I walked over the door and opened it, telling the pizza guy where to leave my food and paying him for the deliver. I closed the door after him and went back to the couch, and grabbed myself a pizza slice.

Two and half slices later I was too full to eat any more. I grabbed my phone from somewhere on the couch and called Leana. "Hello" a voice answered three rings later. "Jimmy?" I asked, making sure I know who I'm talking to. "No, that's your mom talking" he answered sarcastically. "Any plans for tonight, man?" I asked. "I think…maybe something with Zacky" he answered; awesome. "Great so can I borrow your wife?" I asked. "Do I need to suspect?" I laughed at his answer. "Just don't murder her" he answered with a laugh as well. "Awesome, bye then" I said and hanged up.

Wait…what? I still need to talk to Leana! I called her again. "Yes cowboy?" Jimmy's amused voice answered. "Can I actually talk to her?" I asked. I heard some noises over the phone before Leana answered. "Hey Johnny, what's up?" she asked. "Just…doing nothing actually. I uhh kinda need to talk to you about something, can you come over tonight?" I asked as I saw Peanut running into the door to the back yard. I got up and started walking over to him so I can let him out. "Sure" she said. "Cool see ya lat-" Peanut crashed into my leg trying to run into the door again "-ah! Stupid dog!" I muttered. "What?" she asked with a laugh as I opened the door annoyed and closed it after Peanut. "See ya later" I said rubbing my leg.

After we hanged up I looked around and realized the place is still in a huge mess. I sighed and decided to finally get over the laziness. I collected all the dishes into one huge pile and somehow managed to carry it to the kitchen without anything falling down and breaking. Of course, I did end up breaking one mug when I moved all dishes to the sink. Let met tell you this, the sink was loaded with dishes. It looks like it would be some punishment to a kid that did a bad thing or something to wash all of these dishes.

Once the dishes were all done the house looked much better. There wasn't much left to do, just get rid of some stuff in the living room, put some stuff back in place and finish an unfinished beer bottle. I mean, come on, you can't just leave the bottle like that! Gotta do something about it. So I do. Just as I sat down the door bell rang. "Come in" I shouted, before getting up. I walked over the door, seeing Leana closing it behind her.

"Ready to go?" I asked smiling. "Where we going to?" she asked with a smile. "To Matt's" I answered as I remembered that I have a dog. "Wait for me in the car?" I said as I tossed my car keys over her and went quickly to get Peanut a bowl of water and food so he won't starve and start eat random things outside. On my way outside I grabbed Matt's sunglasses, they were on a shelf near the door, apparently he did leave them here the other day.

We both got off the car and walked over to the front door of Matt's house. When I knocked he didn't open, but I was pretty sure he was there. His car was outside and it was too early for him to be out. "Come on Matt, open the damn door!" I shouted. Nothing happened but I heard a sound from inside so I decided to just let us in. The place was dark, obviously, but I turned on a light in the hallway. "I don't think he's here" Leana whispered. I shock my head, "I'm sure he is"

"Matt!" I shouted. There was silence just for a little while before we heard a voice. "Johnny when someone doesn't open the door it does not mean come on in, I've been waiting for you!" Matt's voice said annoyed. "Johnny maybe we should go" Leana whispered to me. I looked at her and shook my head. Then we heard some footsteps. "Leana?!"

When I heard Matt's voice, for a second, I wasn't sure if it was a smart idea bringing her here. But then a smile spread on his face and he walked faster toward us, wrapping her in a hug. I took a step away and looked at them; glad I brought her here. Obviously they have missed each other. "I'll be right back" Matt said as he pulled out of the hug and walked away. I was confused for a second but then he turned around and pulled me with him by the shirt.

He took us to the backyard and closed the door after us. I looked at him, wondering what that is all about. "Johnny haven't we talked about it already?" Matt asked looking at me. I was confused. "Talked about…what exactly?" He just rolled his eyes. "You getting me to see girls" he answered. "I thought it was only a problem with Val" I said honestly. Don't tell me he wants to eat Leana too! It gets really sick. "Well-" he started but I cut him off. "You were happy to see her, she missed you, you missed her, now go there and catch up with her. Stop worrying too much about nothing" I said, hoping I'm not saying something that would put me through some pain.

"Nothing? Johnny you don't really understand what's going on, do you? It is nowhere near being nothing, it's not close to nothing, nothing is all across the other side of earth it is-" I cut him off again. "When you saw Leana, did you feel like you did when you saw Val?" I asked simply. "Vampire matters, I mean" I added to his look. God that sounded so stupid, vampire matters? Well whatever I had no better way to ask it. His silence approved my thoughts. "Then go in there and catch up with her already!" I said laughing at him before turning around so I could get back inside.

"Wait" he said, causing me to turn back to him with a questioning look. "What does she know?" he asked insecure, and let me tell you this, it is very rare that Matt is being insecure. "Nothing, as far as I know, absolutely nothing" I said with a smile. He sighed and I couldn't tell it was a sigh of relief or disappointment. "Oh, and I believe this is yours" I said, giving him his sunglasses back. "You did leave them at my place the other day" I said, again with a smile.

Matt put his sunglasses on and we both went back inside. Leana was sitting in the living room. It was a great night. Matt actually acted naturally and seemed much happier than he has been lately, and it was great to finally see. Leana seemed to have great time as well, but that was nothing special of course.

Later we drove Leana over her house and dropped her off, then went to a bar. I didn't get too drunk but it was fun anyway. When I got too tired I decided to take off, Matt said he would stick around for a little longer. I drove myself home, let Peanut in the house and fell asleep pretty quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been years since i last updated, I know and I'm sorry for the long wait! Hope I still got some readers! lol
I took a break from this story 'cause I was starting to get bored with it and lost inspiration to write it. But now it's back and all (: So I hope you still like this! ^^ Comments are always lovely (: