‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Nineteen

The next day I woke up from my cell phone ringing. Dammit I should have turned it off last night so it won't wake me up. I hate when it wakes me up. "Uh?" I answered the phone, sleepy as hell. "Did I wake you up?" A male voice answered, I think it was Brian. Or was it a Berry? "Yeah" I said, nearly falling back asleep. "Well, whatever. Get to the door I've been knocking for two hours!" he said and hanged up. Mother fucker.

I decided to pretend I never got the call and try go back to sleep. I was way too tired and too lazy to actually wake up, not even speaking of getting out of the bed. When my phone rang again I ignored the call and got out of bed annoyed. I walked over the door and opened it, looking at Brian half asleep.

"Why so early?" I asked in a tired voice. "It's already 2 o'clock!" he answered and walked into the house. I rubbed my eyes and closed the door. I walked toward the kitchen in order to make myself some coffee, jumping to the side on my way there, so I wouldn't be in Panut's path as he runs toward Brian.

I went over the living room with a cup of coffee and sat at some chair, drinking it to wake up. Brian was playing with Peanut, they looked like two idiots. Scratch that, they are too idiots.

"Listen, Johnny" Brian said as he got up from the floor and went back to the couch. His amused smile got off his face as he started talking. "I kinda feel like I need to tell you something" he said. I was a little more awake after the coffee but still too sleepy to try and figure out what he was up to. "Well first of all I do understand that it's your life, your decision, your whatever and you can do whatever you want. I'm not saying that not" he started. Peanut jumped on the couch and sat next to him. "And I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything, so just please listen alright?" he said, stroking Peanut while talking. I moved my hand, telling him to go ahead.

"Well the other day I was bored and everyone were too tired, too busy, too lazy, too stupid, too whatever, so I went alone to a bar. And…well, let's say I kind of hmm, 'met' Matt there." I was going to cut him off but he held his hand in the air with his main finger raised, asking me not to. "He was…" he paused a little, moving his hands in the air trying to find words or something "…doing his thing and then he took off. I went over the poor girl, she was dead. Like, really dead, not breathing, no heart beats, nothing; dead dead dead." He said, talking with his hands. "And I dunno it just I guess, like showed me that he is really able to kill someone" he said. "I know what you think of it and all, and yes I am worried about you but I respect your opinion and decision. I just want to ask you one thing, alright? If you're ever in trouble or anything, make sure to call me, or Jimmy or anyone that can help. Really like, don't you dare dying alright? I'll be there in no time if you need me"

I couldn't help but laugh when he finished talking, getting his shoe thrown at me for that. "Sorry man I'm just amused!" I said still laughing. "Fuck you" he said. I tried to hold my laughter. "I appreciate it, really, I just think you're over-reacting. Way over-reacting" I said, wide awake for a second from the laugh, but the sleepiness climbed back right after.

"Anyway" Brian started, changing the subject, "I was just on my way to Jimmy's so I better get going now. Do you wanna join me?" he asked as a yawn escaped my mouth. "Sure, I'll just take a shower and we can go" I said, knowing I have nothing better to do at home. Brian's finger moved from side to side repeatedly as of a no. "I'm going now. Either you come or stay" he said. "Fine," I said getting up, "I'll just change clothes" I added and entered my bedroom. I was still tired as hell but I guess every day just gotta start sometime.
♠ ♠ ♠
...sorry for the last line being lame, as you can tell, I had A Little Piece Of Heaven stuck in my head! 'Cause everybody's gotta die sometime! ;)