‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Twenty

Before we even parked the car we saw Jimmy running toward it with a huge smile on his face. He got to the car just as Brian safely parked it so Jimmy wouldn't get ran over because of his own stupidity. Jimmy knocked on the driver's window while talking faster than he ever does; I could tell by how fast his lips moved. Of course, we didn't hear most of what he was saying.

"…and turtles, man! Get out and get in already!!!" he shouted into the car as the window got opened and ran off toward his house, Brian quickly following him. I just laughed at them and got out of the car as well, walking into the house.

As soon as I entered the house I saw Brian and Val laying on the floor, laughing to death. Jimmy was standing a little further than them, laughing hard as well. "What the hell?" I asked amused. "There…was an accident" Leana said. She was standing somewhere in the room as well, I didn't even notice her before she spoke.

Brian got up and held his hand out, helping Val up as well. "Sorry" he said still laughing. Val just laughed and shook her head in amusement. All of the sudden Jimmy came running closer, grabbed Brian's shirt and ran off toward some other place in the house. I stood there with an amused smile just staring at where they were standing a second ago, shocked by their actions. You'd think that after years of hanging out with those idiots I'd be used to the stupid things that do. But, they just always come up with new stupid things that it really is stupid. I don't even want to know what they're up to now!

"Jimmy has been waiting for Brian all day long" Leana explain as we started walking over the living room so we could sit. "You should have seen him, he was like a kid waiting for a friend after being grounded for two weeks" she said chuckling. Val nodded agreeing. "He really did. And he wouldn't even tell us what it was all about" Val added to her nodding. "Well if he hasn't said anything than I am pretty sure we will find out as soon as they're done" I said with a smile that quickly turned into a yawn.

All three of us sat on a couch. I made sure to be the one in the middle because laying down just seemed like such a good idea. With a yawn I turned around and slowly laid down so my head was resting on Val's laps as my legs were on Leana's. I shifted in my place until I was comfortable enough and closed my eyes.

"No Johnny, we don't mind being your bed." I heard Leana saying. I raised my hand, giving the thumbs up, causing them to laugh. "Are you tired?" Val asked, playing with my hair. "Some idiot woke me up" I said tiredly. "Do you want some coffee?" Leana asked me, I shook my head; "I'll just take a nap on my comfy bed" I answered, followed by laughs again. Then I tried to fall asleep, focusing my mind on nothing at all.

"What the hell are they doing in there?" Val asked as some weird sounds came from Jimmy's studio. It was music, but a weird kind. "I have no idea. Last night Jimmy disappeared for awhile and came back with a box" Leana answered. Pictures of wolfs came into my mind, I could see them running around happily on the colorful background. "Let me guess, he wouldn't tell you what's in it?" Val asked Leana, still playing with my hair. "Not at all; he's been listening to that kind of music ever since" Leana said. "Pinkly Smooth" I mumbled, helping them recall the name of the 'band'. Jimmy and Brian would play the songs from their old joke band quite a lot on tours and such. "Johnny, you're still awake? I thought you fell asleep already!" Val asked. "Sleep sleep sleep" I mumbled as I shook my head. I was nearly asleep now.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, let's go!" A voice was heard, I think from reality. It kind of woke me up. "Shush! You'll wake him up!" a girl voice said as any voices around disappeared. That's good, some quiet is good. My mind slowly started drifting back into sleep. I was nearly in a dream when I heard a girl voice again. "No, that's mean!" I tried to ignore all the noises and just fall asleep when suddenly I was soaked with water.

"Motherfucker!" I shouted, getting up and rubbing my face. I looked around and found Jimmy with a bucket in hands, laughing so hard. Brian was laughing to death on the floor next to him. Leana and Val were standing next to them, trying to not laugh. "You are so dead" I said looking at Jimmy and started chasing him as he ran away.

"Don't destroy my house!" Leana yelled as Jimmy and I ran into the kitchen, a table separating us. "Alright, alright" Jimmy said, putting his hands ahead of him. "Listen, little man" he started, still laughing. "You know that the only one who's gonna suffer from the whole thing eventually is you so just stop it and get your wet ass to the living room" he said laughing. That little son of a bitch! I started chasing him again as he ran out of the kitchen, making a chair fall down.

After a few rounds in the house we got back to the living room and he just stopped running. I jumped on his back, only to find out it wasn't the smartest thing to do. Quickly I found myself upside down, nearly touching the floor. I tried to get away from Jimmy's grip, moving my hands and legs, but Jimmy let me know how it's even stupider of me to try and make him drop me. So I gave up.

"Now sit down, be quiet, listen and watch" Jimmy ordered as he put me down. I looked at him in a confused expression as Brian inserted a CD into the DVD player. For the next 5 minutes we were all watching a video for one of the Pinkly Smooth songs.

"Jimmy?" I heard Leana's voice as the video was over. "Why do we have a turtle and a snail racing in our yard?" she asked shocked. "And why are your drums made of turtles' armors?" Val asked confused. "To see which is faster and these are fake" he explained simply. "Is that like a guitar snail?" I asked confused looking at Brian, who had the hugest grin on his face as he nodded. "Sadly not real, but hell yeah!" he said laughing, and if I didn't know him better I would have thought he's high right now. But, that's actually his normal self, it can get even worse.

"Come on don't you love it?! It's a genius video!" Brian said, trying to get us as excited about it as he and Jimmy were. "That's…definitely a special one" Val said with a friendly smile. "Oh screw you guys, you just don't get art!" Jimmy said getting up and walking toward the door, followed by Brian. Me, Leana and Val just cracked up laughing at what had just happened.

Soon after Jimmy came back to the living room. "Oh Johnny quit being such a girl and come already!" he said, dragging me from my shirt. I waved goodbye to the girls and followed him quickly so I could keep breathing. "Fine dude, I'm coming just let go!" I said with a laugh as I found myself sitting in a car. "I don't care where we're going but please stop at my house so I could change" I asked as Brian started the car and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it kinda took me awhile to update. School sucks, for real. But I'm trying to write when I can (: