‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Twnty One

"Alright Johnny, you've got a few minutes to get ready while we're getting Zacky" Brian said as he parked the car outside of my house. I nodded as I got off the car and went over my door. Taking the keys out of my pocket, I unlocked the door and went straight to the shower.

After a short shower, I picked up some ripped jeans and put it on along with a black shirt with some stuff written on it in grey. I started doing my hair, making it spiky with help of some hair gel. Just as I was getting my socks on, the door bell rang. I got up without getting my shoes on and walked over the door quickly.

"I'll be ready in a-" I started saying as I opened the door. As soon as I did, a bucket of water was poured on me, cutting me off. I rubbed my eyes shocked and blinked a few times, getting my vision focused. "What the hell is up with you guys today?!" I snapped annoyed as Jimmy, Brian and Zacky all were laughing at me. "Sorry man, we needed to convince Zacky to come with us somehow" Jimmy said as he put his hand on my shoulder, still laughing. "Change clothes, you're soaked" he added amused as he let himself in. 'Oh really?' I mumbled to myself as I walked back to my bedroom.

My entire outfit was completely soaked, even my goddamn socks! I quickly took my clothes off so I could get new ones on before I get all wet. The ripped jeans were exchanged with some dark ones, the black shirt was replaced with another black one and the socks with, well, different socks! I also got my shoes on and grabbed my favorite jacket. My hair though…it was ruined, and I really didn't feel like doing it again, so I just tried to make it look okay without using anything. Worked well enough for me, it's not gonna last but whatever.

"I swear I'm gonna use my knife on you guys if any water drops on my now" I said as I entered the living room. Out of nowhere, Jimmy appeared in front of me with a smile on his face that seemed quite suspicious. "Where's your knife?" he asked, not taking the smile off his face. "No knifes for you, Sullivan!" I said. In the living room, Zacky and Brian were playing with Peanut, of course. And by playing I mean messing around as if they were his dog friends. I shook my head at them and grabbed Peanut to the back yard. Of course, he tried to fight me and didn't let me, but whatever, he always does.

When I got back to the living room, Brian and Zacky were still acting like dogs…just that there weren't any dogs around. I laughed at them as Jimmy made them get up and dragged them out of the house. "Come on, Johnny!" he shouted on his way. I quickly followed them and locked the door behind me. As soon as I entered the car's backseat Brian drove off.

"I'll get inside in a sec., I need a smoke first" I said as Brian parked the car outside of a bar. Jimmy raised his thumb and then rested his arm on Zacky's shoulder, starting to walk over the pub. Brian ended up staying with me outside for the smoke as well. It was cold outside, my hands were slowly freezing.

"Now honestly what did you think of the video?" Brian asked as I was half way through my cigarette. I laughed slightly and then blew some smoke. "Well…" I started thinking of a way to describe it. "It was weird" I said. "But so are you and Jimmy" I added before filling my lungs with some more smoke. "Good weird or weird that would make me beat you up?" Brian asked looking at me as he threw his cigarette to the ground and stepped on it. I laughed "Good weird, awesome weird; best weird!" I said, causing him to chuckle. "That's good" he said satisfied and then looked at me bored. I didn't want to keep him out for long so I inhaled my cigarette one last time before putting it out as well and then let the smoke out as I started walking into the pub with him.

Shortly after we've gotten inside we found Zacky and Jimmy sitting on the pub, we joined them, ordering ourselves a beer for each and started drinking away. Two beers later we decided to get some shots, I went back to beer soon though, not feeling like having a massive hangover the next tomorrow morning.

At that moment I was in the perfect place, the amazing zone between being drunk outta your mind to being sober. I was able to think pretty sensible, but yet be sillier than normally without giving a damn. Brian was the drunkest at this point, Zacky was catching up with him pretty quickly and Jimmy…well with Jimmy I never know how much the alcohol affects him and how much of it is natural. It's easier to tell when he walks, if he walks straight he's not really drunk but if he falls down and laughed as if he is talking to someone invisible and that someone either told him the funniest thing ever or has been tickling him, that's when he's really drunk.

Brian and Zacky started a little slapping fight, slapping each other's cheeks, each of them trying to be the one last to slap. That kept me and Jimmy amused for a nice few minutes. The silly fight reminded me of tours, we'd do it quite often. Sure, usually it'd be someone against me and I'm always losing, but it's still a nice memory. It's always fun, no matter how much it hurts sometimes and all.

That thought actually gave me an idea. If the guys are acting like they're on tour, we're all having fun and even a little bit drunk, what better time could it be to fix the little fuck up in the group? I think that would be the perfect time to invite Matt to join us and make it all work out again.

Saying I would be right back, I got up and walked out of the building so I could call him and actually hear what he says. At start he didn't answer the phone, but when I called him for the third time he did. "Hi" an annoyed voice answered to me, but I learned to not mind his eternal piss off mood anymore. "What's up?" I asked cheerfully, trying to get his mood a little better. "Are you drunk again?" he asked me, still annoyed. I smile "Not too much" was my answered. Seeing he doesn't answer to that I went on. "Do you want to get some drinks?" I asked with a smile that he could see. "Uhh I dunno I don't really feel like it" he said with a bored voice. "Oh come on" I tried to convince him. "You enjoyed the other day with Leana, you might enjoy out as well!" I added, and from the silence I heard I knew it worked. "Alright" he said before hanging up. I smiled to myself and walked back into the pub.

"Johnny we missed you!" Brian said as soon as I got back to where we were sitting, and then I was trapped in a drunken hug. I laughed, "No more shots for Mr. Marlboro over here" I said laughing and got hit in the back of the head for that from Brian. "Where were you?" Jimmy asked as Brian ordered another shot, only to get that stolen by Zacky. "I needed to make a phone call" I answered with a yawn as I remembered that I forgot to tell Matt what club we were it, I quickly texted him with the name, as well as saying that now he has no excuses to stay home. I actually had a pretty good feeling about that plan, I bet it's gonna work out perfectly.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me way too long to post this one, I apologize. School's been taking over and then I was in a three days trip. I'll try to update more often, I promise. Thanks for reading. (: