‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Four

The next day I woke up from my bed shaking and my face being licked. "Peanut!!" I yelled annoyed, "Get out of my fucking bed, you idiot!" I said but I couldn't help laughing. I slowly opened my eyes but regretted that action right after and closed them again. Being in bed felt so good, I didn't want to wake up yet. I buried my face in the pillow to avoid Peanut's wet way to wake me up. When he got no attention he jumped off my bed. And then I heard a crashing sound. I sighed and tried to fall back to sleep but failed.

Sleepily, I got out of bed and washed my face. With a yawn I grabbed Peanut's leash and called him; he came running, jumping on me and almost knocked me over. Fuck, this dog is so wild. I went to a walk with him, hoping he will come with a little less energy. It is impossible but I'm allowed to have hopes!

Few minutes later we were back home. I let him go off the leash and went to make myself coffee so I could wake up. I was all up for another lazy day at home. I was just so tired, I don't even know why. Hearing my cell phone rings I knew my precious plan for the day was not going to happen. I looked for the phone and found it on the chest of drawers next to my bed.

I looked to see who it was; Val. "Hey" I said worriedly as I laid down in my bed. We talked for half an hour and then decided to meet up and just go drink a coffee out. She told me she was staying over her twin's and I told her I'll get ready and come pick her up.

After a quick shower, putting Peanut's bowels in the yard and locking him there with some food and water I was all ready to go. I grabbed my stuff and got out of the house into the car. Blasting out some old school Metallica in my car, I took out a cig and started driving over to Brian's house. The ride woke me up completely and got me into a great mood. I parked the car next to Brian's house and got off the car.

I walked into the house without knocking, I never do. "Hey John, what are you doing here?" Brian asked without looking at me. He was sitting with the Berrys and they were playing some cards. Each Berry gave me a hi nod but none of them looked at me; they were all making sure the others doesn't cheat. "Came by to pick up Val" I answered. "She's not here" Brian said without paying much attention. What the hell, she told me she's staying here! "But she told me she is" I said confused. "Well she's not. Why won't ya call her or something?" he said.

I took out my phone and dialed Val's number. "Hey J, are you on your way?" Val's voice came through the phone. "I'm at Brian's, where are you?" I asked. "Oh…" she said, "Yeah hmmm, I'm at Michelle's…" she said. "I know, but Michelle lives here!" I replied; I noticed that Brian's eyes were on me but once I looked at him he seemed to be focused on the game. Val didn't really say anything, just gave me an address of where she is.

Brian still seemed to be focused on the game as I walked over to him and touched his shoulder so he'd come for a second. "I'm gonna slit your throats if you two cheat while I'm talking with little cowboy over here" he said and got up.

"What's up John, it's great to see that you're alive after you went back inside to…the house" he sad. "I'm just fine and Matt wouldn't have hurt any of us and you know it" I said annoyed, I can't believe he actually think it's worth mentioning. "Well I'm not so sure it's quite insane the whole thing" he said, how can he say that? But then again I'm not so sure as well. Anyway, focus! "Anyway, what about you, man? What's up with you, any news or something?" I asked, he just shrugged "Nah, same shit as always" he said. "Hmm" I said, why isn't he telling me anything? "What about Michelle? Everything's good with her?" He smiled when he answered, "She's just fine. And sure, it's all great with her; we're through" I gave him a question look. "Don't you have to go pick up Val? I'm gonna see if those crazy boys stole my good cards; I saw that, Jason!" he said as he walked back to the table, hitting Jason's arm. I just gave you back that card, really! Jason defended himself. I smiled and got out of the house so I could go find Val.

Once I got to the address Val gave me I left the car and went over the apartment I've been told to. I barely knocked the door and it was shut open as I was wrapped in a hug. I looked at Val, who was standing a few steps away, confused. She just shrugged and smiled. Awkwardly I put my hands on Michelle's back, sort of hugging her back. We were never close; it's stupid that she just jumps on me like that! When she started crying and mumbling Val came and got her off me, telling her we need to go. I faked a smile and waved to her as me and Val left the house.

"What the hell was that?" I asked laughing. She shrugged, "Brian left her for good" I nodded. "Yeah I heard, what happened between them anyway?" I asked. "Well…" she sighed "He caught her cheating on him again" she said as we got to the car. We both got inside and I drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Summer vacation is coming soon! So there will be much more updates ^^
Hope you liked this one and thanks for reading (: