‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Five

When we got into the coffee house we started just normally talking, you know, about nothing and everything. I'm not sure if Val noticed it or not but pretty quickly she mentioned Matt. At start she just tried to ignore it and keep talking but I could see that it was hard for her. I told her that if she wants to talk about it, it's alright and I am here for her. And that's what we are doing right now.

After she's been trying to say something for about five minutes but kept failing I thought maybe she's not ready to talk about it. Just when I was about to say something, she started talking.

"I have no idea how to start" she laughed awkwardly "I mean…this is just, so weird" I nodded. It really was weird. They've been together for…over 10 years! That's quite insane. Like, they've been together since before I was even part of the group, this is the only way I've ever known them. Together. Sure they've had times off and everything but they've always got back together.

"No" she shook her head "Not that, Matt is." She said, I looked at her questioning. "Okay, I'll just start from the beginning? Well he had been acting weird since you guys got back from touring but I thought it might have been just something about the tour so I let it go. It was getting weird though; he stopped being at home at nights and would sleep all day long. I barely even got to see him! So yeah I kinda thought that maybe he had cheated on me but I didn't believe it at all. Then…yesterday? Two days ago? Or was it three? Anyway that day, he told me he's just going out for a smoke but he didn't come back so I went to look for him worriedly and I caught him with some chick! I ran away from there and I was just walking around for hours until I got back home. And he was there, waiting for me. He started shitting about that he didn't do anything and, you know, all that liars saying of 'baby it's not what you think, we weren't doing anything' and all these stuff. And I wanted to run away but he didn't let me go. Then a second later he broke up with me"

I could see her breaking with every word that left her mouth. She had tears in her eyes and she was trying her best not to cry. That's one of the things I love about Val, she's such a strong woman. Even now with all this mess she looked so strong and was handling it better than anyone would have. I would hug her but I knew she wasn't done telling the story yet and would rather just finish it before I get all loving and friendly.

She took a deep breathe before she started talking again. "His eyes were so cold when he said everything he did. His face was so blank. It was as if he was not there. And I don't know, I just still can't believe he had cheated on me. I mean, not in a way of I know it's what happened but I just don't get it. I just know that it did not happen"

After she was done talking she sighed. I wrapped my arms around her in a warm hug and let her know she's not alone through this. "Shh" I calmed her down when I realized she was crying "It will be alright" I said and kissed her forehead while giving her a comforting smile. When she got out of my embrace her eyes and nose were red of crying. "I'm gonna kick Matt's ass for causing this" I said, pointing her face. She chuckled. "I'll probably die before I get to, but hey, no one can live without Johnny Christ so he will end up killing himself and then my mission has been accomplished" I said jokingly making her laugh a little.

"See, that's already better that way" I said pointing her smile. "It's just…hard" she said and got back into a sad mood. "Alright I know exactly what you need! A night out with JC, we'll get drunk as fuck and forget every reason to do anything but drink alcohol!" I said smiling at her, she smiled in approve and we left the coffee house into the car. It wasn't evening yet but by my clock, every hour is an acceptable hour to go get drunk. I just hope it will make her feel better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for lack of updates, I haven't been really into writing mood lately but hopefully I'm back to writing now! ^^
Hope you liked that, thanks for reading and comments are always welcomed (: