‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Six

"Can I-", I laughed and tried to talk through it, "-get another…one of these?" I held up my empty shot cup and watched as the dude refilled it. I grinned and drank it. "Johnny!!!!" someone called me, I looked around until I found who it was. "Val!" I waved at her with a huge smile. "Quit being so silly!" she laughed "Don't you think you've had enough to drink?" I frowned and grabbed a beer bottle from the bar, kissing it. "No taking away my booze!" I protected the beer while smiling. She shook her head. "Johnny!!!!" she shouted, I blinked; she looked blurry. "Johns?" she asked again, I didn't say anything, I widened my eyes trying to see her better but then she became two, and then one, two again, and back to blurry. "J, come on!" she tried again.

It's been…I have no fucking idea how much time since we got here, I can never keep track of time while drinking. Anyway we've been here for awhile and been drinking just as plan. It's been lots of fun as always, very funny.

"Take a sip" I handed her my beer. She looked at me questioning, yet, with a smile on her face. "Come on, take a sip!" I asked her to again. She took the bottle from my hand and drank a bit. "Well?" she said giving it back. "Well, do you really think there can ever be enough of that?" I asked holding the bottle high in the air.

"Johnny…" she said after I finished my beer, "I think we should go back home!" she said laughing. "No!" I said "Not yet." I made a face in order to convince her. "But I'm tired!" she made a face too. I sighed, not liking the idea of the evening being over already. "Fine, let's go" I said, all of my good mood disappearing.

I was just about to get up when Val stopped me from doing so; "What are you doing?" she asked. "Taking you home?" I answer, not understanding what her problem is. "You can't drive, silly!" she laughed. "Why not?" I asked and started looking through my pockets. "Here!" I shouted, too loud, once I found what I was looking for. "I have these" I said winningly was showing her the car keys. "Johnny! You can't walk straight, what makes you think you can drive?" she said. "Hey!" I made an offended "What makes you think I can't walk straight?" I said smiling, feeling as I was winning again. "Try to" she grinned right back.

I got up and showed her my tongue winningly. "You didn't walk, Johns" she crossed her hands. "Alright, watch me" I said and started walking. One step, two steps, three steps and then my face hit the floor. Damn. I rolled my eyes and turned around to see her smiling the told-ya smile. "Fuck you, like you could walk better!" She got up, walked over to me and held out her hand to me, to help me get up. "Fine so you drive" I gave her the keys. "I drank Johnny, I don't wanna kill you!" she laughed. "Alright, so we're staying" I said smiling. She helped me get up and walk back to where we were sitting. "No, just call someone to get us!" she said. I rolled my eyes and took out the phone.

"Jimmy isn't answering" I said "Try Zacky!" she said as she got another beer bottle, I searched for the number through my phone "Matt! I'll call Matt Berry!" I said as I found his number quicker. She shrugged and was about to drink from her bottle, I took it and drank some before giving her back. "Hey!" she pouted; I just smiled and called Matt.

"Hey Johnny" a sleepy voice answered. "Hey! Matt!" I said, more likely shouted, with a huge smile on my face. "Are you drunk?" he asked. "Yup, could you come pick me up?" I asked and told him where we were. He said he'd get here in a few.

We kept on drinking beer after that, waiting for Berry. "Johnny!" Val shouted all of the sudden. I looked at her confused. She laughed; "Your phone!" she said pointing the counter. "Oh!" I said laughing too before answering. "Hey Berry! Are you here?" I asked the phone there was a mumble that I just couldn't understand and then he hanged up. I shrugged and finished my beer, I wanted to ask for another one but then I noticed Val; she was frozen staring at something. I turned my head. Oops, I think I caused a mess up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading (: