‹ Prequel: Bat Country

Holding On

Chapter Seven

They were both staring into each other's eyes, frozen. I felt like I messed up big time. I couldn't think straight due to the alcohol but I knew I had to do something. They were killing each other with these looks. I tried to touch Val, but she didn't even notice me, she was like in another world.

"You're not Berry" I said, laughing awkwardly, I had to break the damn tension. He just shook his head, not even looking at me. "Uhh Val, didn't you want to go home?" I tried to break it differently; she just nodded, keeping her eyes at him. "Matt?" I called him but he ignored me. Then Val sneezed, causing her to close her eyes; he tore his look from her and looked at me. "Wrong Matt, eh?" he asked emotionless. "I'm sorry" I said. He smiled. "That's okay, let's get you two drunkies home"

Val got up to help me walk just as Matt put my arm around his shoulder in order to help me walk. "I can walk him to the car" Val said and removed my arm from his shoulder. "That's fine, I got it" he said and put my arm back on his shoulder. She didn't say anything, just took the arm off his shoulder and put it on hers. Then Matt did the exact same thing, they kept doing it a few more times until they gave up and just glared at each other. Fuck it, I will just walk to the car by myself! I started walking, trying to keep my balance, it actually went pretty well! I knew I can walk, I bet I could drive as well! And then again I fell to the floor.

I opened my eyes and tried to get up; once I was up I faced a huge bald guy. My eyes automatically widened. He looked at me in anger, oh fuck I think I bumped into him! It's not a time to fight, Val wouldn't like it. Beside, he'd kill me! He was about Matt's size I think; just that he doesn't give a damn about me and would smash my skull without thinking. I took a step back and shouted Matt's name. I waited another second, and shouted it again, keeping on walking backwards, trying to without falling.

Matt showed up next to me just when the guy seemed to get closer. He punched him in the face and mumbled something to Val. She put an arm on my shoulder and started leading me outside of the bar. I tried my best to stay awake but my eyes kept closing themselves. I didn't want to fall asleep on Val, I was too heavy for her and I could feel her slowing down whenever I'd start to fall asleep, so I tried to keep myself awake. As soon as we got into the car I got into the back seat and couldn't keep my eyes open. I didn't fall asleep yet, but I wasn't much awake. I could hear Matt running over the car, two car doors slammed and then he drove off with full speed. I almost fell to the floor but something stopped me, I think his hand. "Buckle up, Seward" he said annoyed. As soon as I did, I fell asleep.

"Johnny, come on help me out a bit" I vaguely heard Val's voice. I slowly opened my eyes and saw her trying to get me out of the car. Matt drove away as soon as we were outside of the car. Once we entered my house I felt some weight being dropped at me and I lost balance, falling to the floor. "What's happening?" I asked Val as I felt something on my face. "It's just Peanut" she said and got him off me, helping me to find the bed. As soon as I laid down, I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SYNYSTER GATES! 28 years of a living legend <3
And sorry for the short chapter, lol. But thanks for reading and commenting ^^