Can it be...Love?

Mistake

Okay what I thought earlier this week was a total mistake. I mean I can’t possibly like a jack-ass jerk. All this week he didn’t pay me no mind. Its Friday finally. I mean come on I am Janiqua, plus I bet he would laugh if I told him I liked him. Like I am not anything any guy would want. I am 15 and only had one boyfriend and that was in 5th grade. We never actually broke up he just moved. He swore that one day he would come back and we would be back together forever. After he left my dad left and my whole world came tumbling down. I like Friday. Normal routine wake up, eat, wash, dress, and walk to school. I like walking but my momma said she don’t want me to have to much exercise then I would be like Layla Ali and she don’t need that because at times she want to kick me ass and if I fight back and win she going to shoot me. I know what your thinking my momma is crazy she is. Wait no she is stupidly crazy that’s the right words. I walked to school and Aria and Michael was talking. I mean now I bet she is going to beak up with Carl and date Michael. I cant let her do that, she has broke a record my being with him for 3 months I wont let her stop, not now. As I walked up to them he looked at me, and put the widest, stupidest, weirdest, craziest, hungriest smile on. Could I smack him? Please? Okay I will try not to.

“Hey Janiqua” Michael said keeping the same stupid smile

I mean I hate that smile it is soo agh (but in the back of my head I-I like that smile)

“Hey” I said normally

“Hey J” Aria said with a smile

“Hey” I answered looking at both of them with a puzzled look

“J remember Michael?” she said expanding her smile if it could get any bigger

“Uh yea and?” I said looking at them both getting annoyed

"Well umm is that Carl over there? I AM COMING CARL!!” she pretended he was over there. I know damn well he was no where in sight she just wanted to leave me alone with Michael.

“Hey” he said looking nervous

“You said that already” I said

“Oh sorry” he said in a whisper.

Then I felt bad for being so mean I just wanted to apologize and kiss him! Oh Shit were did that come from I don’t want to kiss him don’t even think twice about it!

“Don’t apologize did you need something from me?” I asked trying not to sound all lovable.

But he must have known that I am originally mean because he got wide-eyed and big-smile but it was cute. Okay now I will admit he is cute. The bell rang just when he was about to say some thing.

* * *

I am waking through trying to get to class when someone taps me I try and ignore it like usual but they keep on taping and taping until I was ready to turn around and snatch their head off.

“HEY J” screamed the most annoying voice in the whole wide world. Kayla

“Oh hey Kay” I said acting normal

“I was tapping you” she said sounding annoyed

“really? I didn’t know girl” I said lying my behind off

“yea you must be numb or dumb” she said laughing. Kayla thinks if she rhymes two little words it is the funniest thing on earth I think it is annoying.

“yea ha” I said forcing a smile like it was funny

“sooo did you talk to Michael yet?” she asked with a huge smile

“umm yea he had to tell me something but then the bell rang so he is going to tell me later” I said smiling to myself and hiding it with my hair, but she must of seen it because she said something

“J why you smiling” she said

“I am not” I said which only made my smile widen and unfortunately Aria came

“umm why is J smiling” she said moving my hair out of the way so she

could get a better look at my smile

“I am not” I said which only made me giggle How stupid can I get?

“what makes you so happy today?” Asked Aria

“Just the topic of Michael” Kayla butted in

“no that’s not true” I said

“you like him” Aria said which only made me blush

“leave me alone” I said and giggled

* * *

After school I was walking home and someone called my name.

“Janiqua!” screamed Michael from all the way across the school yard. What does he want?

“hey” I said when he finally caught up with me

"hey umm… earlier I was going to ask you something” he said looking at me

“oh yea what was it?” I asked

“umm… would you like to go to a party with me tonight?” he asked

“umm…I guess” I said

“as my date?” he said shyly

“sure” I said with a smile

“I’ll pick you up around 5:45 okay?”

“okay” I said with a smile and watched him run back to his car.

I turned around and headed home. Tonight is going to be a long night!