Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Crush

Jessi’s POV

Turns out the bus wasn’t all that bad, actually it was pretty much what I expected. Although after a while it kinda lost its appeal, and I was more interested in our first stop. Matt and the guys had already run through the basics when it came to doing merch, we or rather I would set up a stand, there would be some people there to help me most days, I didn’t ask who I figured probably one of the guys from their team. It was weird to think that my Rian had a team, or even had a tour manager or rep or whatever Matt was. It was kind of surreal.

“Well Jessizzle what ya doing?” Alex slumped beside me at the tiny table. I was just flicking through my ipod.

“Nothing, what are you doing?”

“Being bored, hey wana play a game?” he asked.

I raised an eyebrow cautiously. “What kind of game?”

“I duno…” Alex shrugged.

“What about 20 questions, cos I don’t actually know too much about you,” I suggested.

“Ok!” Alex sat up straight and smiled.

“Ok so what’s your favourite colour?”

“Blue, what’s yours?”

“I have a lot, green, blue, purple, red , black,” I replied with a laugh.

“Ok, favourite band?” He asked.

“Ohh too many to say, favourite food?”

“I duno, anything that’s fun to eat,” he replied nodding his head thoughtfully. I laughed again.

“Are you a coffee person or a tea person?” he asked.

“Neither, hot chocolate,” I said.

“When is your birthday?”

“August 18th.”

“Oh! That’s soon… isn’t it?”

“Yep, when’s yours?”

“December, I’m a winter baby,” he replied. “I have one, a proper one, do you have a crush on anyone right now?”

I blushed and shook my head.

“Oh you so do! If it’s me, it’s ok I’m cool with it,” he said smirking.

“Cool with what?” Jack asked, he along with Rian and Zack had just emerged from the back.

“Jess has a crush on me,” Alex answered.

“Ohhhhhhh!” Zack said sounding pretty girly.

I blushed and shook my head, “I don’t, ignore him.”

“She lies!” Alex exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and stood up pushing Alex out of my way. “Gotta pee man.” I said when he glared at me.

I went to the bathroom quickly and closed the door and locked it. I swear I saw a hint of jealousy on Jacks face as I left.

-----

Eventually we arrived at New Jersey, it was so good to step off the bus and stretch my arms about without being afraid of hitting someone. I was doing exactly that when I noticed Jack watching me.

“What?” I asked him innocently, dropping my arms to my side.

He smiled, “you’re weird, I like weird.”

I smiled and he walked towards me, “so hows about I show you around, introduce you to some of my peeps?” He asked holding his arm out.

“I’ll come too!” Rian said appearing suddenly.

I smiled at him but he didn’t smile back, instead swung his arm over my shoulder and started walking. I looked back, Jack was walking a few steps behind us. He caught my eye and I swear he winked. I laughed lightly and shook my head.

“What?” Rian asked me, now he was smiling.

“Nothing,” I mumbled glancing back over my shoulder.