Status: Finished

It's All We Know

There He Is

Jessi’s POV

When I turned into my street later that evening I found a strange car parked in front of my house, I studied it as I got out of my own car wondering who was visiting my Mom tonight. I didn’t recognise the vehicle, but then my Mom did have a lot of friends. I opened the door and tip toed inside quietly, I was in no mood for small talk with a little old biddy about my plans for the future, just as I reached the top of the stairs I heard a familiar laugh, I recognised it straight away as Mrs Dawson, I hated when she came to visit, so always talked non stop about her son, about how proud she was of him as he was off in a band making something of himself, I always felt like she was digging at me because I was still at home working part time. I headed for my room quickly but just as I was about to enter I heard the toilet flush. Out of curiosity I hesitated at my open door, just to see who it was.

A few seconds later the door opened and Rian emerged rubbing his hands on his jeans, he looked at me and stopped, his mouth dropped open in shock.

Our eyes met for a second then I turned and went into my room closing the door behind me. I could have sworn I heard Rian snort or something but thankfully I heard his footsteps descend down the stairs. I rummaged in my bag for my cell when I found it I threw my bag on my bed. I quickly typed a message to send to Faith telling her Rian was here, then I flopped on my bed.

“Jessica, could you come down here please?” I heard my Mom call politely.

“I’m uh busy,” I called back.

“Jess get you ass down here now,” she called back a little louder.

I sighed and stood up I knew if I didn’t go down she would come up and get me, or bug me until I did. I walked downstairs slowly bracing myself for the polite conversation with Rian and his mother. I was dreading it.

I opened the door and came in quickly finding my Mom and Mrs Dawson sitting on the couch talking, Rian was no where to be seen.

“Jessi sweetie make us a cup of coffee would you? And bring some cake or something nice in if you don’t mind?” My mom said grinning from ear to ear.

I did mind, but I wanted a coffee myself so I might as well make her some too. I went into the kitchen and found Rian rummaging through our fridge.

Excuse me?” I said cheekily, crossing my arms across my chest.

“Sup Jessizzle?” he turned and smiled at me, although I knew he was a little embarrassed his cheeks had started to redden slightly.

“Don’t call me that,” I muttered turning to make some coffee.

“Why it’s your name…” he muttered. He got the milk out of the fridge and set it down beside the mugs I had sitting ready.

“What are you doing here Rian?” I asked. I hated that he was here. The last time I saw Rian was the day of my Dad’s funeral, after that he moved away with his ‘band’.

“My Mom made me come, trust me I wouldn’t be here otherwise,” he muttered with a sigh.

“Do you always do as Mommy says?” I asked with a smirk.

“Do you?” he snapped back pointing to the mugs.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, I found some cake and put a few slices on a plate. Rian reached over my shoulder and stole a bit, I whipped round and glared at him, he laughed then quickly stuffed it all in his mouth.

I ignored him and carried the cake back into the living room.

“Jessica sweet heart, it is so nice to see you again,” Mrs Dawson said to me as I set the plate down on the coffee table.

“And you,” I smiled politely and went back into the kitchen to pour the coffee, I noticed a forth cup sitting with the other three I had prepared, giving Rian a sideways glance I found him smirking.

I poured the three cups stirred them and lifted them without saying a word to Rian. I was being petty yes, but he was an idiot and I didn’t care.

“Thank you very much,” my Mom said smiling widely when I set down their coffees.

I turned to leave the room with my own cup but stopped when Mrs Dawson said my name.

“We have a favour to ask you Jessi,” she said smiling sweetly.

I turned and looked at them expectantly.

“See my house is being re-decorated, I am currently staying with my friend, but we need somewhere for Rian to stay.” She started.

Before I could stop it a groan escaped my lips, I knew exactly what was coming next, we had a spare room, Rian needed somewhere to stay…

“Yeah fine whatever,” I muttered turning to leave the room quickly. I heard my Mom apologising for my attitude on my behalf and I laughed.

Alone in my room I was just about to go online when I heard a knock on my door, I stood up to open it suspecting it might be Rian, it was.

“Uhm, your Mom said to come see you about clean sheets and stuff,” he said awkwardly.

“Hold on,” I walked down the hall and into my Moms room and found clean sheets. I turned and went back to the hallway and handed them to Rian, he looked at them in his hands, then up at me.

“You know where the spare room is,” I muttered going back into my room.

“Wait Jess can we talk?” he said quickly grabbing my arm.

“Nope.” I shook my head and shrugged his hold off my arm, closing my door behind me.

I lay back down on my bed in silence, I needed to think. I tried not to let my mind wander back to the last time I had seen Rian, the day I said goodbye to my Dad.
I will never forgive Rian for taking off and leaving me. I needed my best friend, I needed him and he left me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments so far Jess. :)

More later tonight, if I get any feedback.
♥