Status: Finished

It's All We Know

The Resistance

Jessi’s POV

Things were too quiet. When it is quiet you know something is up, especially on this bus. Although right now I appreciated the quiet, I was lying on my bunk trying to sort some things out in my mind. Really I just needed to be away from the guys, well Rian and Jack, to clear my mind. Rian was doing ok, or at least he seemed to be, and one thing which I am thankful for, his relationship with Jack seems to be ok. I know I would feel even worse if they stopped talking or something. In fact if they did start fighting I’d probably go home.

“Hey Jess!” Someone poked my stomach and I opened my eyes to find Jack staring down at me.

“What’s up?” I asked. He sighed and lifted my legs up to sit down, he then placed them across his knee and rested his hands on my shins. It immediately made me feel better, the somewhat closeness, also the fact that the slightest touch from Jack sent shivers up and down my spine had a huge effect.

“I just overheard Rian talking to Zack,” he whispered.

“And?” I asked. I kinda guessed what was coming though.

“He is messed up isn’t he?” Jack asked me.

“I know I hurt him real bad…” I breathed. The good feeling was gone.

“You didn’t,” Jack moved my legs and motioned for me to come to him. I shuffled forward and let his skinny arms wrap around me.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, he needed to know the truth right? Saved him from thinking the wrong thing…” Jack said slowly.

“Yeah but-”

“No buts,” Jack paused and giggled. “Anyway, lets talk about something else.”

“What?”

“You,” he whispered.

I moved my head to look up at him, a small smile cased his lips as he looked at me. I knew he was going to kiss me, and right then I didn’t mind, I wanted him to. So when his lips did brush against mine lightly I found myself kissing him back, quite frantically I might add. I even went as far as laying back down, pulling him with me. His lips felt so right against mine, and I let his tongue explore my mouth freely. I was lost in the moment, all thoughts of Rian went out of my mind.

It wasn’t until I felt his hands slowly creeping up under my shirt sending shivers up my spine did I start to panic, this had to stop. In a split second I had gathered up strength I didn’t know I had and pushed him off of me and onto the floor, which he landed on with a loud thud.

“Oh my god I am so sorry!” I jumped up and crouched in between his legs. I faintly heard someone from down the bus ask what the noise was.

“Ow.” Jack half sat up and rubbed the back of his head.

“Are you ok?”

“No, what was that? Did I do something wrong?” He asked giving me a confused look. I stood up and bit my lip.

“What was the bang? Are you guys sexing it up in here?” I looked up and found Alex and Rian standing behind Jack.

“No,” Jack gave me a weird look as he spoke, “we were just talking and I fell off my bunk.”

“Your bunk is at the bottom,” Alex said, he smirked at me and I swear I saw him wink.

“So, the ground is hard!” Jack complained and stood up.

I tried not to look at Rian, I could feel his eyes on me, and I didn’t want to look up and see what he was thinking.

“Whatever, but be safe kids!” Alex joked then turned and went back down the bus. Rian followed him silently. Alex really is an idiot sometimes.

“You know what, just, no Jessi, no violence! I am making that rule right now!” Jack half joked.

“I’m sorry, I guess I freaked out a bit,” I said sitting back down on my bunk.

“It’s ok, I guess, maybe, for now…” Jack smiled at me, “you’ll have to make up for it though.”

“Jack, can you be serious for a minute?” I asked ignoring his previous statement.

He frowned then sat down beside me again.

“I thought we couldn’t do this?” I asked.

“Yeah, but what happens behind closed doors is our business,” he said. He lent forward and kissed my cheek then stood up.

“Let yourself go Jess, be happy for you,” he said as he walked away.