Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Mumble

Jessi’s POV

I woke up wrapped in Jack’s arms. I smiled to myself, I couldn’t even remember falling asleep, but I could definitely get used to waking up like this. Someone was already up, I could hear talking, coming from the front of the bus, but I wasn’t sure who it was.

I carefully unwrapped myself from Jack and somehow managed to climb out of his bunk without waking him, I watched him for a second but I was dying for the bathroom. I got washed and brushed my teeth before walking down the bus. Rian’s bunk was empty, I found him sitting on the floor listening to music. He had his eyes closed and both earphones in.

“Stop watching me,” he said, a small smile creeping across his lips, he took one of his earphones out.

“How are you this morning?” I asked sitting down beside him.

He opened his eyes and looked at me, he looked tired.

“Good, what about you?”

“Alright, didn’t you sleep?” I asked.

He shook his head and smiled weakly. “Not tired.”

“Liar. You can go sleep now if you want?” I rested my head back against the wall but lifted it off again, the movement of the bus made it vibrate.

“Nah, I can’t really sleep when we are driving,” he said. “Did you enjoy your date?”

“Why are you asking me that?”

“I want to know,” he said with a laugh.

“No you don’t,” I commented.

“I might not want to know the finer details, but did you have a good night?” Rian asked more sincerely this time.

“I did, thanks.”

“What are you thanking me for?” he asked.

“For asking, for helping Alex organise it,” I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

We sat for a few minutes in silence, it was a comfortable silence.

“I’ll make sure he treats you right Jazz,” Rian said quietly.

“But he will Rian, you don’t need to,” I said, lifting my head up to smile at him. He moved his arm and put it round my shoulder and I let my head rest against his.
He handed me the other earphone and I slipped it into my ear. The Maine played softly.

“What are you guys doing?” I looked up to see Jack. He was standing watching us, with some serious bed hair.

“Just chilling, did we wake you?” I took the earphone out and stood up to give him a hug, but he shrugged away from me before I had the chance. I gave him a puzzled look and he half smiled at me before walking away.

I looked at Rian and he shrugged.

“He’s probably still half asleep,” he said.

I sighed and went after Jack, I found him in the bathroom gargling mouthwash.

“You alright?” I asked.

“Nollummph,” he spoke and dribbled the minty liquid all down his t-shirt and chin. He spat the rest out then quickly wiped his face and turned to me.

“Smooth,” I laughed and stretched an arm across the doorway to stop him from pushing past me.

“What?” he asked.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, moving my arm.

“Nothing,” he said quickly, looking past me, rather than at me.

“Jack?”

“What?” he laughed and pulled me close to him.

“Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazz!” Rian called rather loudly.

“What Rian?” Jack sighed softly, his breath tickled my cheek.

“Guys shut the fuck up!” Alex groaned from his bunk.

“I’m going back to bed,” Jack mumbled quietly.

I made my way back down to Rian, who was still sitting on the floor. He held his phone up at me.

“Your Mom is on the phone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thaaaanks to:
MidnightSkies
XxXBattleScarsXxX
blazing emerald
Rock 'n Rolla AJ
hannerbananer
Paraphrase the Riot!
for the comments.
:)

Thoughts?