Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Regardless

Jessi’s POV

I knew what I heard in the bathroom was all bullshit, partly because the girls couldn’t decide whether it was Jack or Alex they got a kiss off. But regardless, it still kinda played on my mind. What if it was Jack…

The cab drive back to the bus was quicker that I remembered so it wasn’t long before we pulled up at the buses, I thanked the driver and got out, I spotted Matt and a few other tech guys sitting out front playing cards.

“Jack’s in there,” Matt said as I approached him they all stopped playing their game and looked up at me. I slowed down a little then stopped.

“Yeah, he looked angry,” Matt said quietly.

I bit my lip and glanced nervously at the bus. I couldn’t bring my legs to move closer to it.

“Jessi?” Matt stood up and walked to my side he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Thanks Matt,” I smiled weakly at him then walked to the bus.

There was no one in the living area, so I walked down the back, checking Jack’s bunk on the way. I found him sitting crossed legged on the floor leaning against the couch. He was listening to his ipod but he turned it off when I entered the room.

“We should talk,” he said calmly.

I nodded and sat down beside him on the floor.

“I saw you and Rian,” he said quietly.

“Jack I…”

“No,” he interrupted quickly, “I saw it all, I saw him touch your cheek, then…” I glanced at him, his jaw clenched and he closed his eyes slowly, “I saw him kiss you, and I saw you push him away, you actually ran right past me, both of you did.”

“I’m sorry Jack,” I said looking down at my lap. I couldn’t look at him he looked so angry, so hurt.

“You don’t have anything to be sorry for, well you maybe shouldn’t have disappeared with him in the first place,” Jack said.

“I couldn’t find you, and he is still my friend.” I said a little defensively.

“After that… he is definitely no friend of mine.”

“No Jack, please don’t say that, he was drunk, it was stupid he didn’t know what he was doing,” I said, I looked up at him now, straight in the eyes.

He didn’t say anything.

“Where did you get to? I looked for you,” I said.

“One minute we were all dancing then I turn round and you and Rian have disappeared, then Alex and Zack trailed me over to a group of girls, but I got bored with that then came looking for you.” He explained.

“I’m sorry Jack,” I said again.

“I told you, you aren’t the one that should be sorry,” Jack shifted and gave me a hug but it felt a little awkward.

“Just please don’t let this get between you guys?” I asked.

“How can I not, he kissed you Jessi!” he exclaimed.

“Just promise me you’ll really think about, before you speak to him, before you do anything?” I pleaded.

He didn’t say yes, but he nodded his head a little. Then he stood up and pulled me up too.

“I’m sorry Jessi, it’s just I really like you, and I really want this to work,” he said softly.

“I do too,” I agreed and after looking up at him for a few moments I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought his lips down to mine. He smiled into the kiss and wrapped his long arms around me.

It didn’t take long for us to move to the couch. Jack’s hands explored my body, while I tried with futile attempts to get his t-shirt off. When he finally realised what I was trying to do he broke our kiss and took it off, throwing it over his shoulder.

He looked down at me and kissed the corner of my mouth softly.

“You know,” he paused to kiss me, before hovering his lips just above mine. “It’ll be a while before they all come back…”

I looked into his shining brown eyes and smiled. Then leaned up and connected our lips again. I wanted this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you:
MidnightSkies
Second.Heartbeat
XxXBattleScarsXxX
:]

This chapter and the next few will all be closely linked... so uh just watch out.
For Jessi, because she asked so nicely and because I love her.
Thoughts?