Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Fired?

Jessi’s POV

On the forth day of the guys being here, I woke up to the sound of someone saying my name softly beside my ear, my hand came up to swat whoever it was away and I hit their face.

“Ow! You just poked my eye!” I opened my eyes and Rian was standing beside my bed rubbing his left eye.

“Serves you right for waking me up,” I said turning over and pulling my blankets over my head.

“Your boss is on the phone,” Rian said, “you know it’s after twelve?”

I sat up quickly and groaned.

“Hung over?” Rian asked with a laugh.

“Remind me never to go drinking with All Time Low ok?” I slowly got out of bed and followed Rian downstairs to answer the phone. Why he didn’t bring the cordless phone up with him I do not know.

Rian stood in front of me making faces as I spoke, I didn’t really pay attention to much of what Sandra my boss said except she needed to speak to me this morning about my absence from work. I cursed when I hung the phone and glared at Rian.

“I have to go to work, I’m in trouble,” I mumbled, turning and leaving the room.

“Oh? Do you want me to come with you and explain you have been busy having fun?” Rian called to me as I went upstairs.

“No, why don’t you go see your other friends today?” I called back.

“But you are my only other friend,” he replied with a laugh.

I ignored him and got ready quickly, I knew I was going to get a warning or something at work, I got one before, but in fairness last time it was because when I phoned in sick I was shopping with Faith and one of the supervisors saw and heard me make the call. And the stupid bitch told my boss.

I said goodbye to Rian and drove to the book shop where I worked. My boss was waiting for me and led me into the back to her little office and told me to sit down on the only chair.

“I’m sure you aren’t surprised I have called you in today Jessi, this is about your recent attitude towards your work,” Sandra started looking me straight in the eye, she looked angry.

“Unfortunately, we don’t need a member of staff like that in this company, I’m afraid we have to let you go,” Sandra, looked down at the pages she was carrying, she bit her lip then looked back up at me.

“Why?” I asked.

“Aw come on Jessi, you are a great worker really you are, but I am getting warnings from the owner, we couldn’t open the shop the other morning because you didn’t turn up, I just don’t think this is the place for you,” she tried to reason.

I sighed, she continued to speak but I didn’t listen, nor did I care about what she had to say. There was no pleasant way to fire someone. After she finished talking I stood up.

“Are we done?” I asked, I tried not to sound too angry or disappointed, but I failed miserably, because she flinched at my words and merely nodded her head.

I always liked Sandra, usually.

After I left the shop for the last time, I didn’t really know what to do with myself, I had never been fired before, I know it was only a part time job, but it was a job I was comfortable with. And now I had no means of income, and I already owed my Mom a shit load of money.

I decided to walk about town for a bit. I didn’t really know what else to do.