You Make Me Feel So Alive

Chapter 3: It’s a Small Fricking World

After existing the chilly Starbucks I slid my humongous pilot shades onto my face. The heat was scorching at this time of the year. It was a good thing I decided to wear my cargo shorts and short sleeve shirt, although maybe the black shirt wasn’t such a good idea. Either way it was still pretty damn hot out.

I walked at a quick passé hoping to get to the hotel before someone else noticed who I was. Not that I didn’t mind it just happened so frequently all I wanted to do was sit back and relax while drinking my cold coffee with cream. Plus I had Max, Monte, and Robbert’s coffee they asked for as well. I didn’t want to keep them waiting since I knew some of them could be pretty impatient sometimes. Boy I hated when it was my turn to get the coffee.

Taking a quick left I almost ran into someone spilling my coffee everywhere. She must have been in some rush she hadn’t taken off her pin that said ‘CD World’ or looked at me. She just said sorry and hurriedly went on her way. Shaking off the ‘would be accident’ I gained momentum once again rushing down the side walk.

I looked at the street sign and turned down it knowing that the hotel was now only a block away. However my phone rang in one of my pockets and I had to go scrambling for it while balancing the coffee tray in my left hand. Of course I finally found the phone in the last spot I checked and when I did I looked at the caller ID. It came up as ‘Max Green’.

“Dude I have the coffee and I’m on the way back now!” I whined into the phone while walking again, but slower then before.

“Yeah? That’s cool, but that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about” Max stated and I became a bit confused. What did he want then? A Croissant to go with his damn coffee? If that was the case there was no way I was turning around now to go get it.

“Then what do you want?” I asked a bit irritated but Max didn’t seem to notice it at all “Can’t this wait until I’m in the room? I’m already outside of the building.”

“Yeah sure just make it snappy” Max urged with a sigh and hung up. I rolled my eyes and stuffed my phone back deep into my pocket. I walked into the massive hotel and right through the lobby and into an elevator. They just had to give us the highest suite in the hotel on the top floor. Yeah it was known as the Celebrities/Band suites, but really we would have just preferred two regular normal suites. Instead they gave us one humongous one with four beds in four different rooms complete with two bathrooms. Who really needed that?

When I reached the floor and then finally to suite 799 I put the coffee down on the floor and fished around in my pockets for the room key. When I couldn’t find it I just sighed and picked the coffee tray up and knocked on the door. Monte swung the door open for me and closed it behind me quietly.

“Alright I got the coffee’s you better enjoy this stuff cost me $19 at Starbucks” I stated as Max, Monte, and Robbert flocked to the coffee tray to grab their coffee. I went over to the recliner and sat my tired ass down while sipping my ice coffee slowly. Max sat next to me on the couch next to my chair. Then remembering he wanted to tell me something I asked “So what was it you wanted to tell me?”

“Hm?” Max said looking a bit confused and then shook his head in a yes motion “Yeah I wanted to tell you about someone I met!”

“Who?” I questioned taking another long sip of my coffee.

“Well when I was in the CD store I was talking to the girl who worked there and it turns out that she went to Warped Tour to see us and everything and -” I cut him abruptly.

“You remember her from the autographing.”

“Well . . . . yeah. How’d you know? Your not some Psychic ass you didn’t tell us about are you?” I laughed.

“No I’m not. I met someone too who went to Warped and saw us at signing too.”

“It’s a small world huh?”

“Sure is” I stated and we clinked cups while laughing.

After a few minutes of silence Max started to look like he wanted to say something. I turned to him and waited for what he wanted to say.

“I gave the girl my number” he blurted out “You know so she could hook me up with her hot friend”

“How do you know her friend is hot?” I asked with a slight huff of a laugh.

“Well you remember those two girls from signing. You know the one who asked you to sign her tit?” I nodded and couldn’t believe what I was hearing “Well I met her and I was talking with her. And then I gave her my number so she could hook me up with her hot friend.”

I shook my head at how odd things had happened. I had meet the other girl from signing saying she’d hook me up with her cute friend meanwhile Max had meet her and she told him she’d hook him up with the girl I had talked to. It was an oddly small world after all.

“That’s real funny. I met the ‘hot friend’ you’re referring to. She works at the Starbucks I was just at” I laughed with a smile. Next thing I knew Max shot out of his chair and headed for the door.

“Where are you going?!” I shouted watching him.

“STARBUCKS!” He shouted back seeming very intent on going to Starbucks.

“No! Wait!” I hollered and he stopped with his hand on the door knob.

“What?!” he asked impatiently while looking at me.

“Well you said that one girl was going to hook you guys up! Why don’t you just wait and see how everything plays out?” I rationally said. Max looked down defeated and returned to his seat.

“Man if this woman doesn’t call me in two days I’m marching my ass down to that Starbucks pronto dude. I’m gonna get myself a hot ass chick while I’m here.” Max stated while slapping his hand down on my recliner arm rest.

“Yeah you just let everything all play out. I’m sure it’ll end in our favors” I assured him thinking about that cute girl from the day before. I mean yeah sure there were a lot of girls cute and hot, but there was just something about that one girl who that made me tingle when I signed her. I could still remember her brown hair and . . . .

“Oh Shit!” I yelled almost dropping my coffee on the newly vacuumed floor.

“Damn don’t scare me. What the fuck is wrong with you? You have an orgasm or something?” Max joked with a wide smile.

“Haha very funny no I didn’t Max.”

“Then what’s with the sudden outburst?”

“The girl you met. She worked at a CD store right?” he nodded “Well on my way here I practically bumped into this one girl who was in a rush and I noticed that she had a pin on her shirt that said ‘CD World’”

“Well I’ll be damned you ran into the girl I was talking to!” Max laughed shaking his head.

“Damn it” I said while rubbing my temples. I had talked to the girl at Starbucks and given her my number so she could get me with her really cute friend, Sam I think her name was, and here I had bumped into her on the street. This world couldn’t get any fricking smaller!

“Like you said Craig all it good time, all in good time.” Max stated with a smirk.