Love Is Dead

Chapter 12

Kristen's POV:

“Magda!” I cried as we ran to the room that the scream came from.

“Alyssa, get the fuck out of here!” Magda screamed, pushing Alyssa up to the wall.

“Gahh I'm sorry!” she squealed like a little pig. I was filled with disgust. She had told on us.

Tom emerged out from the closet and pulled Magda away. “Let me handle her,” he said viciously.

Liz walked in behind me and stared at Tom as he socked her straight in the jaw. She held her breath for a moment, just staring at him. He looked up and met her eyes. They stared at each other for a long moment. I saw Liz's eyes tear up, and she looked away. Tom sighed, and turned back to Magda.

“All taken care of,” he said softly, avoiding eye contact and standing behind her.

“Okay...” she replied, like she didn't know what was going on. “But the teachers are coming. What now?”

“The guys get out of here,” I stated. “Sorry guys, but you definitely gotta leave.”

“No worries,” Bill smiled, leading the other guys out. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks. “Uhh...I suggest we hide,” he said sternly, and softly enough that only we could hear it.

“...Why?” Liz asked curiously.

“Teachers are on their way.”

My heart started to pound. “Quick! Hide somewhere!”

They all rushed into different hiding spots. I saw Bill and Tom go under two of the beds, Georg in the closet, and Gustav in the bathroom.

Suddenly, the teachers appeared at our door. “Oh, hello girls,” Mrs. G said, eying us suspiciously. “We were hoping to find you here. Where on earth have you four – oh my God!”

She rushed over to where Alyssa was laying, unconscious, blood rushing out of her nose. Crap. We forgot to hide her, I thought.

“Uh...” Magda started, biting her nails. “We..uh...She had an asthma attack.”

“This girl wasn't reported to have asthma!” Mrs. G cried, holding Alyssa's stupid tiny head in her hands.

“Well...now apparently she does!” Liz cried, thinking up something on the spot.

“How does your nose bleed from asthma?” I asked, but Liz elbowed me in the ribs. “Ow!”

“Yes, interesting question, Miss,” Mrs. G said, turning to Liz.

“Uhh...” she began. “She was...hyperventilating...and she uhh...bumped into the wall...”

“Are you sure?”

“I saw it with my own eyes,” Magda said, holding up her right hand. I held my breath to keep from laughing. I wasn't one to be serious in a situation like this. Alyssa laying on the floor, helpless; Magda pretending to swear to a teacher she saw something that didn't happen; Liz trying to make up the whole story – it was hilarious.

“All right, well let's get her to the nurse!” she mumbled loudly. She picked the teeny girl up in her old, wrinkley, fragile arms and brought her out. The other teachers followed. All except for one.

Mr. Daily.

“Why weren't you girls at the museum today?” he said quickly in his Scottish accent.

“Pardon?” I asked, dying from holding in so much laughter.

“Why. Weren't. You. At. The. Museum?” he said, articulating each word.

Hold in your laughter, Kristen, hold it!

“We woke up late,” Magda came up with. “Kristen's alarm clock didn't go off.”

I glared at her.

“All right then. But if you're not seen at the amusement park tomorrow, I shall have you all sent home.”

Liz, Magda and I exchanged glances. “Say that again?” Liz said.

Do. Not. Laugh.

“If. You. Do. Not. Show. Up. Tomorrow. You. Will. Be. Sent. Home!”

Hold it in, Kristen. Hold....it....in....

With that, he left the room.

At that moment we all burst into tears from laughing so hard.

We had our fun imitating him and the other teachers and Alyssa, but suddenly Bill came out from under the bed. “Amusement park?” he asked curiously.

“Yeah,” I sighed, wiping away my tears. “Apparently we have to go.”

A smile spread across his face. “I have an idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry it's been so long! I owe you guys a lot! Here's my chapter (finally)!
Thanks for reading! You guys rock!
~Kristen Jenahfeir<3:)