My Nearly immortal life

A damsel in distress

Chapter #2: A Damsel In Distress
Shortly after nightfall a very nice and expensive car drove past me and stopped abruptly a few yards ahead, apparently a carjacking was in progress, and three well-armed thugs forced the driver out of the car and proceeded to rob her of her valuables and judging my the sinister lust in their eyes, possibly had intentions to take more. I felt the intense need to help this girl; so I intervened “Hey guys what’s gotten into you!? Leave her alone! ”
“Ah a little do-gooder aint’cha.” The largest thug assumed aloud.
“What’s it to you?” I responded in a firm bold tone.
“Tell ya what pipsqueak, you just run along home and I’ll forget this ever happened.” He threateningly offered.
Also in a slightly threatening manner I simply replied, “I’ll take you up on that if you agree to let her go with her and her belongings unharmed.” After a good fifteen seconds of laughter the thug leader stated with a low growl
“Not happening.”
“Alright then,” I announced, setting down my luggage, “anyone who doesn’t enjoy visiting a doctor’s office or hospital, please go now…”
“We’ll be fine runt, but you’ll be going to the coroner pretty soon…” the lead thug yelled.
“What a shame,” I sighed “and I promised myself I wouldn’t hurt anyone tonight…”
Do to my longevity I have had much time to master many martial arts, human and otherwise. I took my stance; the girl whom I was rescuing stared with worried interest. Thug number one charged, I dodged several punches before giving him a swift kick to the ribs. He charged again, I pinched a point in his nervous system that would temporarily paralyze him. The fight with thug number two was quick and the details are not worth mention. The lead thug pulled out a crowbar and swung it at my face, I quickly blocked it with my forearm. A blow such as the one I received from blocking the crowbar would have easily shattered the forearm bones of most humans, (luckily I’m not human) even if he had shot me I’d survive. To say I heal fast is a major understatement. After a disarming technique I easily rendered him unconscious.
“Well,” said the “damsel in distress”, “that was some rescue…and it’s the last time I use this neighborhood as a shortcut home.” She was pretty, for a human, she had long black hair that was fastened into a neat ponytail and bright green eyes.
“Well I was glad too help, be more careful next time okay? Bye now!” I hurriedly replied, try to make my escape. (As I may have stated I often try to keep a low profile and avoid unnecessary attention.) In my mind I was pleading the forces that be for her to say nothing and let me be on my way but, as we all know things are never that easy.
“Hey wait a minute,” she yelled after me “you can at least come to my folks house for dinner.” As much as was hungry I was also hesitant, you imagine all the questions her family would ask me, “What’s your name, where you from, you got a family, how old are you, what school did you go to, what are your hobbies, are you single, what’s your horoscope, what’s your blood type!!!” I could easily answer these questions, but then as they become familiar with me they would probably want me to be a “friend of the family” and my secret would be more vulnerable to discovery. I shudder at he very thought; (Ketari never like people knowing about their “exceptionalities” the fact that I was on a planet reserved for humans only did not help at all) but seeing no other way for her to leave me be in the meantime I reluctantly gathered my things and accepted her offer.
An Awkward Road Trip
While riding in her car, there was uncomfortable silence, even as the silence lingered in the air I new the interrogation would begin shortly.
“So tell me about yourself…” she inquired with forceful curiosity.
“There really isn’t much to tell.” I plainly answered.
“Oh come on,” she persisted, “don’t be so reclusive, you can tell me.”
“ Is it mandatory?” I groaned.
“I’ll find out sooner or later…” she smiled, “one sec I’m calling my dad.” She pressed a small button on a nearly unnoticeable earpiece.
“Hi daddy it’s your little sugar plum, sorry if I’m late for dinner I was delayed a bit. Yes I’m ok, I just got pulled over and mugged but I was rescued, yes he’s a boy, I’m bringing him home for you to meet.”
“God help me.” I thought to myself, rolling my eyes.
“Tell Beatrice to set the table for six tonight, I love you daddy, bye.” She pressed the same button to hang up and redirected her attention to me. After another twenty minutes of dodging questions we arrived at a large mansion outside the suburbs. “My name’s Sarah by the way.” she smiled looking at me in hopes for me to tell her my name. I new it was a crucial ingredient in a recipe for disaster, but being too secretive would make me even more suspicious, and if I lied they’d find out some how, so I said
“Noah, Noah Salurn.”
“See, that wasn’t so hard.” She smiled.
“You have no idea.” I thought to myself.