My Nearly immortal life

Meeting the folks

Chapter #3: Meeting The Folks
As we pulled into the garage, a butler opened the car door, led us into the house and took our coats. We where greeted by a young boy who appeared to be eight to ten years old and a younger girl of around five to seven years.
“Hiya sis,” the boy exclaimed, “who’s the fresh meat?” I smiled awkwardly.
“Conner, that’s not nice.” Sarah scolded. “His name is Noah and he saved me from a trio of thugs!”
“Aw,” the little sister sighed, “how romantic! He’s cute too!” I stared at the old hunting rifle on the living room mantelpiece and thought to myself,
“Too bad that wouldn’t kill me if I tried…”
“Ignore her.” Sarah said to me. “She’s just trying to embarrass you.” I was lead to the living room; sitting in a large armchair in the corner of the room was a large smiling man with a shortly trimmed beard and a receding hairline.
“Ah, you must be the heroic young man who rescued my daughter. Please have a seat and tell me about yourself.” I knew that question was coming, but there was no turning back now. I had no intention of revealing my secret, but even telling the information of Noah Salurn could put my secret in jeopardy.
“My name is Noah Salurn. I’ve just arrived from my home on Artimus Prime to make a living and start out my life. I’m twenty years old. I graduated from Carver University, fourth in my class. I’m hoping to find a career in paleontology.”
“Ah, Artimus prime, good place, good place, great hunting;” Sara’s father replied, “do you like hunting?”
“Sorry sir not really,” I answered awkwardly, “I’m quite an animal lover.”
“ I like you boy, I’m Cornelius Adamson operator of the Gemini 3 division of Darson Auto Industries, pleasure to meet you.” He said with a chuckle and firm handshake.
“The pleasure is mutual, sir.” I said with a smile.
”Please, call me Corneil; you want a cigar?” he offered, lighting one for himself.
“No thank you Mr. Corneil I’ve lost several friends to lung cancer.” I stated with a sheepish smile.
Sarah and her little sister walked into the room. The little sister, hearing my last statement commented with a giggle.
“Its good to hear you don’t smoke, because my teacher says kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. You wouldn’t like that would you Sarah?”
“Will this ever end?” I ironically thought to myself.
“Annie that’s uncalled for.” Sarah scolded. Mr. Corneil chuckled.
“Easily understandable dear boy, I’ve been trying to quit myself.” He replied, taking a puff.
A Smiling Supper
As the family assembled at the dinner table, a woman with nice clothes greeted me; she had a huge dimpled smile and a lot of jewelry.
“Why hello, you must be Noah. I’m Judith Adamson, Sarah’s mother,” said the dimpled lady beaming “I’m so grateful for my Sarah’s safety; please sit down.” I was placed at the head of a large dinner table between Sarah on my left and Annie on my right; on the opposite head of the table there was Mr. Corneil, who was sitting between his son Conner on his right and his wife Judith on his left. Butlers and maids served the food, which consisted of soups, salads, lobster, and other delectable and expensive foods and drinks. Sarah sat next to me and spooned her soup with a silent elegance then looked up and smiled warmly, noticing a tug on my right sleeve, I turned my attention to little Annie, who whispered,
“Thank you for saving my sister.” At first I didn’t understand why I decided to involve myself in the affairs of the “ full mortals”; but after seeing Sarah’s glowing smile, I finally knew why.