My Nearly immortal life

Bedtime negotiations

Chapter #3: Bedtime Negotiations
After dinner, I was saying my goodbyes. Mr. Corneil was intending to have his chauffeur drive me home. I gave them my address and Mr. Corneil raised an eyebrow and said.
“This address is for a hotel building dear boy. You don’t have a home?”
“No sir I’ve just arrived today, I haven’t bought a place yet.” I awkwardly replied.
“In that case, you can stay here,” Mr. Adamson said with an excited chuckle, “and I already told you to call me Corneil.”
“That’s really not necessary Mr. Corneil…” I hesitated.
“Nonsense!” He insisted “We have a guest bedroom just upstairs, and I won’t take no for an answer!”
“I should at least pay you rent.” I protested.
“My Sarah’s safety is enough to rent you a lifetime. We can argue about this all night my boy!” He laughed. I was too far into this situation to turn back I had to give in.
“Ok, ok,” I sighed. “Ill stay here, but only until I find a residence.” With that agreement, the maid, Beatrice, carried my bags up too the spare bedroom. After brushing my human teeth and preparing for bed, Annie and Conner approached me and asked if I could tell them a bedtime story. After dinner my perspective on the situation had completely changed, making me much more willing to involve myself with this family.
“I’d be delighted to.” I said following them into their bedroom. As I entered the room I first noticed the wallpaper it was lined with images of castles, dragons, princesses, and knights. With that in mind I told them the story of the frog prince, in which a witch turned a handsome prince into a frog, then a princess broke the spell with a kiss to the frogs slimy lips, turning him back into his handsome prince appearance.
“That was a wonderful story Noah.” Annie said with a yawn.
“Yeah,” said Conner, “it was good. Just come up with one that has dragons in it next time.” They tucked themselves into their beds and I walked to the door to turn out the lights. Sarah stood in the doorway in her pink pajamas. I walked past her and shut the kids’ bedroom door behind me.
“Good night Sarah.” I whispered.
“I heard that story you told them,” she said softly.
“Did you like it?” I asked.
“Yeah, it was nice. Goodnight Noah.” Giving me a soft kiss on the cheek, she walked into her room and shut the door behind her. I went into my room, crawled into the large comfy bed and said to myself with a yawn.
“That day was longer than expected.” I then drifted into a deep sleep.