My Nearly immortal life

A super mall suprise

Chapter #5: A Super Mall Surprise
Walking past the vendors, there was a vast array of items for sale. Clothes, pets, books, office supplies, home improvement tools, gardening tools, computers, videogames, home theater appliances, kitchen appliances, furniture, roof and siding, groceries, numerous eateries, and much more. On my way to the bookstore, the very thing that I never expected to hear until my dying days made itself clear as a male voice in my head…
“Hello fellow Ketari, I’d like a word with you…” Whoever it was, the speaker was communicating using telepathy. (We Ketari as I may have said are shape shifters, so he either shifted into the form of a Ragito alien, a species that has a telepathic ability, at some point or shifted his brain chemistry to match that of a Ragito) after recovering from the shock, I looked around, shifted my brain to Ragito form and replied telepathically.
“Fine we’ll talk like this through telepathy, but I have to be back at the fountain by 1:30.”
“That “Noah Salurn” is exactly what I wanted to talk to you about.” The voice replied. After recovering from the second moment of shock induced by hearing my human name and his knowledge of my agendas, I asked.
“How long have you been watching me?”
“I was in the form of an insect last night when you rescued the human,” he answered, “I recognized one of the techniques you used as an advanced form of the Ri-cho martial art, usually used by Hivata warriors on Wyvan 5. The thing that caught my attention was it takes usually and average of five hundred earth years to master. Seeing that with your appearance, you, let alone any human, couldn’t possibly be that age; it led me to the theory that you are a Ketari like me, and this telepathic conversation confirms my suspicions.”
“So what does my rendezvous at the fountain have to do with this?” I asked quite fascinated.
“You have a love interest in the human girl.” He acknowledged.
“Who, Sarah? Why’s that your concern?” I asked defensively.
“My concern is for you not for the situation. You will receive only pain from this meddling.” He answered
“What do you mean by that?” I inquired.
“You’re either more dumb or more naive than I thought,” he remarked “She’ll die long before you draw your last breath. Leaving you to grieve her passing, but even as you recover from that, her death will still leave a void in your soul that won’t ever be filled until the day you finally die. Our times almost up, we’ll speak about this again…” His presence was fading in my mind, before it disappeared I quickly asked.
“Wait! If you’re calling me Noah, what should I call you?” I heard his answer not telepathically, but vocally.
“ Just call me Dan.” I turned with a jolt to see a young human boy of about ten to twelve years of age staring at me with a smirk. With a nod he said aloud,
“Till next time “Noah Salurn” goodbye…” I checked my watch it was 1:26. I had just enough time to head back to the fountain before the deadline. When I met up with Sarah and Mrs. A, they had a cart and bags full of clothes, makeup, jewelry and other girl stuff. This made me glad I chose to split up and meet later.
“You didn’t buy anything Noah?” they asked.
“No there wasn’t anything that I had an interest in buying.” I shrugged. After a lengthy time at the checkout counter, we departed for home.