My Nearly immortal life

Giggleling confessions

Chapter #6: Giggling Confessions
I was troubled by my conversation with Dan. Although I wanted to disagree with him, I knew that he was correct; but right as he was, I didn’t want to give up Sarah either. Those were the thoughts buzzing through my mind when we got back to the mansion after dark (the days are much shorter on Gemini 3).
“Something wrong Noah?” Sarah asked with a concerned frown, sitting on the couch.
“I’m thinking my life over in a sense,” I answered, sitting next to her, “the events of my past, the choices of my present, and the possibilities of my future.”
“You have a really deep mind.” Sarah said smiling slightly. I replied with a sigh,
“So I’ve been told.”
“I don’t mean to be nosy, but you never told me much about yourself other than what you told my dad. Is there anything significant that you haven’t told me?” Sarah asked with worried curiosity.
“I’m not a criminal if that’s what you’re asking!” I answered with a chuckle.
“I’m not but your withdrawn manner of conversation just screams “Hi I’m Noah and I have a deep dark secret!” she said with a laugh. I didn’t want to lie to her, but I had to eliminate her suspicions.
“I’m under the care of a witness protection program,” I lied, “my dad owed some money to a crowd you don’t want to mess with.”
“So your name isn’t Noah Salurn?” she asked.
“It is now.” I answered plainly.
“What was your name?” She then asked
“Sorry I told you too much as it is,” I said with a frown “but there’s no use in lingering in the past, what matter’s now is that I’m Noah Salurn: “The stay in guest of the Adamson mansion!” By saying that I brought a smile to both our faces, it also brought an awkward silence.
“Noah?” Sarah asked, turning to me.
“Yeah?” I responded.
“Do you remember the story you told Annie and Conner last night?” she continued.
“I know it by heart.” I answered.
“Do you believe in love at first sight and happy endings?” she inquired
“They don’t always happen, but to me they’re worth believing in.” I said turning to her.
“But most of all,” she confessed “did you know, that every time we see or speak to each other, my heart races and I feel nervous, but at the same time I’m happy and at peace. It’s really strange, I’ve only known you for about twenty-four hours, but… ” She looked me in the eyes and slowly said,
“The truth is… I love you Noah…Did you know that?”
“No,” I said “but I always hoped you felt that way.” As cheesy as it sounds, it was just like in the romance movies. The slow quiet were the only sound to be heard is your heartbeat as the lovers’ faces come together, the brief moment of peace as the lips touch… and then the giggling laughter of Annie and Conner, who had been watching from behind the armchair across the room the whole time.
“I knew it! I knew it! I told you they liked each other Conner!” Annie shouted laughing.
“Well duh,” Conner replied, “you didn’t have to make me spy on them, you could see it all over their faces.” I got up and walked out of the room without saying a word.
“Annie and Conner!” Sarah shouted, “Why’d you do that! You made Noah mad!”
“Its not them…” I said climbing the stairs to my guest room, “its just really complicated.” I closed the door behind me, locked it and went to sleep.
Dreaming Interlude
Dreams are strange things; sometimes you wish they were real, and other times you’re glad they’re not, but sometimes they escape your memory, and you only remember the quiet blackness that immersed your mind that night as you slept. That blackness is the dream I remembered from the night Sarah and I kissed. The morning however is still carved in my memory to this day…