Fatal Attraction

Distracted

Image
Edward stood beside his Volvo waiting to see her car pull into the school parking lot. He had been waiting for around five minutes when he saw an unfamiliar car pull into the school parking lot. He scrunched his eyebrows up when he saw Bella step out of the vehicle. He caught sight of the driver and snarled. It was Jacob Black. The only detail of their break up that he disliked was the fact that Jacob Black was now involved with her. He hated him more than anything-- they were mortal enemies, and seeing him with his ex was not something he enjoyed. He cheered up when he saw Maddy's car pulling into the drive way. He watched as she parked beside Hayley. She stepped out, and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she tossed her back pack over her shoulder and walked towards the school. He smiled, and followed in behind her.

"Maddy?" His velvety smooth voice rang.

Maddy turned around with a warm smile playing across her lips. She knew it was Edward before she turned around though-- his voice was so different from any other male at Forks High. It was much more mature, and classy.

"Hey Edward, How come you wasn't at school yesterday?" She questioned, reminding herself that she already had a theory as to why he missed.
"My family and I went hiking. . ." He said.
"So you miss school to go hiking? I should try that one on my mom." She said.

He chuckled. If only she knew he spent his day sitting at his piano composing a song that was based off his feelings for her.

"I'll see you later." He said walking off towards his first class. Maddy nodded her head and headed into the gym.

They was playing Volley ball today, but Maddy couldn't concentrate on the game. She was more concerned with Edward, and her theories. She knew they were stupid, and he would probably laugh in her face if she called him out on them, but nothing else made sense. He seemed so inhuman to her. Something about him wasn't right. It wasn't just the pale skin, the golden eyes, or the flawless features, it was the voice, it was so intimating, and elegant all at the same time. The way his sister's walked, was so graceful. He never ate anything, and it seemed like he was always in the right places at the right time. She wondered how he found her that day at the fair. . . she had traveled the opposite way of him. What would make him look in the parking lot for her?

"Maddy! Watch out!"

Mike's warning came too late. The ball hit Maddy right on the head, which caused her to fall down. She landed on her arm and cried out in pain. Mike and Jessica both rushed over to her and helped her off the ground. She clutched to her left wrist.

"Are you okay? Do we need to take you to the nurse?" Mike questioned.
"I think so." Maddy said.

She knew her wrist wasn't broken, but the pain soaring through it right now was unbearable. Mike helped Maddy down to the nurse's office. She was surprised to see Edward standing there leaned up against the door.

"I can take it from here, Mike. Go back to gym." Edward said looking at her wrist.

Alice had a vision in first period about Maddy falling down and hurting her wrist. As soon as she told Edward about it-- he ask to be excused from class and rushed off to the nurses office as soon as possible.

Mike shot Edward a glare, but eventually went back to class leaving Maddy in his hands. Maddy walked into the nurses office and allowed the woman to look at her wrist. It wasn't broken, but it still hurt. The nurse placed an ice pack on her arm and allowed her to skip the remainder of gym. The nurse said she needed to walk down to the main office, leaving Edward and Maddy alone.

He chuckled, once they were alone.

"What?" She questioned
"I didn't think you were clumsy." He said.
"I'm not-- My mind was just preoccupied." She stated.
"With what?" He questioned.
"Nothing, really. Just theories." She said.
"Theories about what?" He ask again.

She bit down on her bottom lip and then looked up into his eyes.

"You." She breathed.

Edward was shocked by her response. She was making theories about him? Had she figured out his secret? How much did she know?

"About me?" He questioned.
"Yeah. . . It's silly. . . I know, just sometimes, I feel like. . . you're different." She said taking the ice pack off her wrist and placing it on the counter. She moved her wrist back and forth, it seemed to be feeling better.
"What's your theories?" He ask.
"I'd rather not say." She admitted.

Edward was going to persuade her to tell him, but the nurse came back in. He dropped the topic; just encase Maddy did guess correctly. The nurse excused the two of them to next period, and they walked down the hallways.

"So, what's one theory?" He questioned, leaned against her locker waiting for her to get her books.

She smiled, closed her locker and looked at him.

"I told you-- they're pretty silly."
"I don't mind. . . I just wanna know what you think." He said.
"I'd rather not say." She said with a small smile and then walked away.

Edward groaned. He really wanted to know what her theories were. He wondered how close she was-- or if she was a thousand miles away from the truth.

Edward arrived to Art earlier than expected. He took his seat and waited for Maddy to show up. He smiled when he saw her walking inside the room with Hayley, a smile was playing across her lips, and her laugh was echoing through his ears; it was a beautiful sound.

"How's your wrist feeling?" Edward ask, when she sit down.
"Better." She said.

They didn't have much time to talk since the teacher started his lecture as soon as the bell rang. Edward spent the entire hour thinking about what her theories could possibly be. He realized that it could be anything; though he was hoping she would tell him by lunch.

"Maddy, wait up." He called after her when she walked out of Art class.
"Yeah?" She ask
"Eat lunch with me today-- Just you and I, I wanna hear some of these theories you have."
"I told you Edward, They aren't very realistic, and pretty silly."
"That's fine-- I still wanna know."

Maddy rolled her eyes playfully and then smiled.

"You're weird, but alright. I'll meet you at lunch." She said.

Maddy walked down the hallways wondering on what she could say. Should she really just come out and say 'I think you're a vampire.' She really didn't have any other theories, she was glad she had creative writing next period. She hoped she could come up with some better ideas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to xXButterflyXSkullsXx for the beautiful banner :)