Fatal Attraction

Roller Coaster

Image
Maddy and Edward were walking through the forest by his home. He had ask if she wanted to go walking this afternoon, and she agreed. She nearly tripped over a branch, but recovered quickly. She had no clue where Edward was taking her. The silence was beginning to make her feel uncomfortable.

"So, where are we going?" She questioned.
"I'm going to show you what happens when sun light hits me." Edward explained.
"Isn't that like a suicide mission? I really don't feel like walking back down this huge ass mountain without some company to talk to." She said.
"Ha, very funny. The sunlight doesn't harm me, Maddy." He said.

Maddy shrugged her shoulders. She had never been one who was into vampires. She never liked the movies, nor did she become obsessed with Anne Rice like most girls had. So, she really only knew a few things about them, or she thought she knew.

"What about garlic?" Maddy ask.
"It does nothing to us." Edward said.
"And coffins? You really don't sleep in them at all?"
"I told you-- I don't sleep." Edward said.

He wasn't annoyed that she was asking these questions. He was actually kind of happy she wanted to know more about him. Even though, he knew it wasn't safe for him to be around her; to feel what he felt for her, he couldn't stay away. He was far too attracted to her.

"So, how much further?" She questioned.
"Miles. . . unless you wanna take the express?" He ask, turning towards her with a grin.
"What's the express?" She questioned with a laugh.

He turned around to her, and she scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion.

"Hop on." Edward said.
"You've got to be kidding me-- I think I'm a bit too heavy for you to pack me up the hill." Maddy said.
"Just get on." He said laughing.

Maddy obeyed Edward, even though she was reluctant at first. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and her legs around his waist.

"You might wanna close your eyes." He said.
"Why?" She ask.
"You get motion sickness?" He questioned.
"No- not really."
"Suit yourself then." He said followed by a light chuckle.

Before Maddy could even say another word, he was zipping through the forest at extreme speeds. He was running faster than a race car would drive. The wind was causing her hair to blow behind her. She was scared to open her mouth; she didn't want to swallow any insects. They arrived to the top of the mountain in less than a minute. Maddy was shocked when he lowered her off his back.

"That was. . . amazing." She said shaking her head.

She was sort of dizzy-- but that didn't matter. She loved the excitement. A piggy back ride from Edward was like being on the best roller coaster in the world. He chuckled, as she stumbled forward, clearly trying to regain her balance from the ride.

"So. . . should I expect anything out of the ordinary?" She ask.

He smiled and began to unbuttoned his shirt. He walked into the sun light and then turned around to face her. Maddy's mouth fell open as she starred at his torso and face. Tiny diamonds were sparkling on his skin where the sun was hitting. It was the most beautiful sight she had ever saw.

"It's beautiful." She murmured quietly.
"It's not beautiful. . . that's why we can't go out in the sun." He said.

Edward button his shirt back up and then walked back towards her. He didn't know why, but being around Maddy made him feel like less of a monster, and more of a human. There was just something about her, that made him feel alive again. He wanted more than anything for her to be his, for them to be together, but he knew that was dangerous. He also knew that she probably wanted nothing to do with him in that way.

"Come on." He said taking her by the hand and dragging her through the woods. He wanted to show her the beautiful meadow.

Maddy gasped when she walked into the large meadow. Beautiful flowers were scattered everywhere.

"This place is beautiful." She said.
"I know-- I come here often, when I need to think." Edward said.
"Have you ever brought anyone else up here?" She questioned looking around.

She was amazed that the people of Forks hadn't discovered this beautiful place yet. She expected to see picnic tables, and grills placed all along it.

"Bella." He said hatefully.

He hoped that she wouldn't of ask him that. Part of him wanted her to feel special. It wasn't that he regretted his relationship with Bella; he just didn't want Maddy to feel like she wasn't special because he had brought Bella first. He was actually grateful for his relationship with Bella; it helped him build control. If he didn't have good control, then he would be unable to stay around Maddy like this.

Maddy turned around to face him and allowed a small smile to appear on her lips. She wondered how he felt about Bella leaving him. They really hadn't discussed that yet.

"So, do you miss her?" Maddy ask.
"Bella?" He ask.
"Yeah-- I know it must be hard for you under the current situation."
"I don't miss her, not at all." Edward said.
"Really? I thought you loved her." Maddy said.

Jessica had told her all about his relationship with Bella on her first day in Forks. She remembered how Jessica gushed about how in love the two of them were.

"I didn't love her." Edward admitted, "I was blinded by what I thought was love--"

He didn't want to say he hadn't experienced love before, because that was a lie. The minute he laid his eyes on Maddy he began falling in love with her. He wouldn't tell her that though, she didn't need to know of his feelings for her. Them not being together was good-- it didn't put her in as much danger.

"Yeah-- I don't think I really loved Aaron either." She said.
"I thought you said. . ." He said, only to be cut off.
"If I really loved him, it would hurt. I don't even miss him-- it's weird." She explained.
"Understandable." He said, nodding his head.

Love was easily mistaken for something else. Edward had done it with Bella, and Maddy with Aaron. He just wondered though, if she was capable of loving him. As selfish as that was-- he wanted to know what it was like to be loved by her.