Fatal Attraction

Approval

Image
Edward gently shook Maddy a few minutes before her alarm clock was suppose to go off. She had slept the entire night curled up to his chest; which was actually a good thing. It allowed him to get used to being close to her, physically. He had never felt this way about any woman in his entire life. She slowly opened her eyes to reveal her bright chocolate orbs. He smiled into them, as a weak sleepy smile played on her lips, followed by a yawn.

"You stayed." She whispered.
"Yeah. I stayed." He said, swallowing hard as she moved off his body.

He missed the warmth of having her body next to his.

"I should get ready for school."
"You should. You wanna ride today?" He ask.
"Sure."
"I'll be back in an hour." He said, and disappeared quickly out her window, not being seen by anyone.

Maddy smiled and then walked out of her room, and down to the bathroom to get a quick shower. She was on cloud nine this morning. She couldn't believe the kiss she and Edward shared last night. She had always heard you can tell everything through the kiss-- well, if that was the case then she knew she was falling for Edward, and hard.

Once she was done with her shower, she walked back to her room where she done her hair and make-up for the day. She straightened her long chocolate colored hair, and then done her make-up to perfection. She walked over to her closet and pulled out a pair of her best jeans, and slipped them on. She bit down on her lip as she picked out a shirt. She didn't know why she was worried about what to wear today-- normally she grabbed whatever she saw first. She shook her head, knowing it must be her new feelings for Edward. She laughed at herself, and then reached in and grabbed whatever. It happened to be black sweater. She pulled it over her head, and then placed her earrings in, and dabbed on some of her favorite perfume. She looked in the mirror and was pleased enough with her appearance. She grabbed her cell phone, stuck it in her pocket, and headed down the stairs. She saw Claire sitting at the table, pushing her cereal around in her bowl with her spoon. She was still clearly depressed from her break up with Chase.

"What no smart ass remarks?" Maddy ask, grabbing herself a pop tart.
"I'm not in the mood today." Claire said.

Maddy smiled. If Claire had been nice to her before-- Maddy would probably feel bad for her right now, and be comforting her. But she knew wasn't about to be nice to someone who treated her like dirt. She took a bite of her chocolate pop tart, and then walked into the living room where her mother was dusting the entertainment shelf.

"Aren't you going to school today?" Maddy as her mom.
"Nope-- the elementary is off today." Susan said.

Maddy nodded her head in an understanding manner. She should have guessed something was up when she didn't hear Ava's loud mouth in the kitchen. The door bell rung, and Maddy allowed a smile to curve into her lips.

"It's for me, mom." Maddy said, when Susan went to answer the door.
"Oh? Who is it?" Her mother ask.
"Edward-- he's giving me a ride today."
"Well, let him come in. I'd love to meet a friend of yours."

Maddy smiled. This was the first time since they had arrived to Forks that Susan was actually acting like her mother. She opened the door and smiled wide when she saw Edward standing there.

"Come in, Mom wants to meet you." She said.

Edward walked in and smiled at Susan. Susan's eyes widened a bit when she saw Edward. He was much different than Aaron, or any other of the guys Maddy brought home. She looked on his arms, surveying for hidden tattoos. He had no facial piercing either, which surprised her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. . ."
"Brown." She said smiling.

Susan already approved of Edward. She couldn't believe Maddy had found someone so polite, handsome, and nice. Maddy rolled her eyes and then sighed. "You ready?" She ask Edward, he simply nodded.

"Bye mom." Maddy said, walking out to his shiny Volvo.
"Your mom thinks I'm polite and approves of me because I don't have tattoos and piercings." Edward said once they were inside his car.
"You're kidding me? She thought that?" She said placing her seat belt on.

Edward pulled out of the drive way, and started towards Forks. Maddy yawned.

"Sleepy?"
"Not really-- I just yawn a lot in the morning."
"Figures-- you slept like a rock." He said.
"Because I was sleeping on a rock. What are you-- made of stone?" She said with a giggle.

He chuckled lightly and shook his head as he turned into the parking lot. He parked beside Rosalie's red convertible and sighed when he saw his blond sibling standing beside her car with her arms crossed. Maddy stepped out of the car, and began walking towards the school. Edward walked over to Rosalie; preparing himself for her bitching.

"Go ahead, Rose. Scold me." He said.
"I'm not going to scold you about her." She said looking towards Maddy, "However, I am going to scold you about Bella. I heard the two of you made up!" Rose yelled.
"We didn't make up-- I said we'd be friends."
"You can't have both of them-- it'll cause a cat fight, and whoever loses will reveal us." Rosalie said.
"I'm not having both of them-- Bella and I are history, Rose. She isn't going to tell anyone, because she know revealing us, would possibly reveal the dogs." Edward hissed.
"I'm just trying to look out for our family, Edward." Rosalie said.
"No, you're just being a stubborn bitch-- get over it, Rose. I'm going to be with whoever I want; and I want Maddy." He said walking away.

Rosalie had always been stubborn, and he couldn't see her changing her opinions on his love life anytime soon. He walked inside and saw Maddy grabbing her books out of her locker. He reached over and grabbed them, and placed them under his arm.

"You know people are going to think you're my boyfriend if you keep that up." She said.
"That's a bad thing?" He ask, with a frown.
"I'm just saying-- people might think we're dating, when we aren't." She said.

Edward frowned. Did she have to remind him that she wasn't his? He licked his lips, and walked her to her first period. They didn't share that period, so he said his goodbyes to her and then headed off to his first class, which was one he shared with Alice. The pixie haired girl was smiling when he walked into the room.

"What?"
"I finally had my first clear vision of Maddy." Alice announced in her mind.
"What did you see?" He whispered.
"I saw the two of you walking hand in hand through some store." Alice thought.

Edward nodded his head-- that vision could mean anything. He and Maddy had basically cuddled all night, and they wasn't together. So what made him believe that if they held hands in a store, they would be together? He tried to pay attention to the class, but most of his focus was on the girl he was completely head over heels in love with.

"Edward?" A voice said.

He looked over and saw Bella standing beside him. One of her hands was placed over her stomach, and a small and weak smile was on her lips.

"Yes, Bella?"
"I was just wondering-- are you and Maddy dating?" She ask nervously.
"No, we're not together, although I won't lie to you; I do have feelings for her."
"I assumed so, I just wanted to wish you two the best of lucky, if you were together." Bella said walking away.

Bella was pretending to not be affected by Edward's new interest in Maddy, but it did hurt her. Even though she had Jacob, and a baby on the way; she still sometimes missed Edward. She couldn't bare to think about him with another girl; but she knew she couldn't hold him back from being with Maddy. She was the one who messed up, and she was the one who ended up leaving him.

The day passed quickly; and Maddy caught on to the new gossip floating around the school. It was mostly about Claire and Chase's break up; but some was also about her and Edward being the hot new couple. She swallowed hard when she thought about her and Edward being in a relationship. Was she ready to take that step with him?

Maddy smiled as she walked outside and stood by Edward's Volvo, waiting for him. Alice walked up to her and smiled.

"So, when are you and Edward going to start dating?" Alice ask with a grin.
"I. . hum, I don't know." Maddy replied nervously.

She couldn't believe how direct Alice was. Alice smiled, as she turned her attention towards the door where Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie, and Edward walked out. Maddy bit down on her bottom lip nervously as Edward smiled and walked towards her. The rest of them all climbed in the Volvo.

"Let's do something" She said.
"Like what?" He questioned.
"I saw this cute little souvenir shop in town-- I kinda wanna check it out, so I can send my dad something"

He smiled-- Alice's vision might come true sooner than he thought.