Fatal Attraction

Forks High

Maddy ran a brush through her dark locks one last time, before placing it down on her dresser. She looked in the mirror and studied her appearance. She was wearing an old worn HIM tee, along with a pair of ripped up jeans, her converse were muddy from walking through the yard yesterday. She sighed, and picked up her back pack and walked out of her room. Today was her first day at Forks High, and she was not happy about it. She walked down the stairs and saw her mother and sister both geared up for their first day at a new school.
"Maddy" Susan's sweet voice said, "Couldn't you wear something more appropriate?" She questioned her daughter.

Maddy looked down at her shirt and jeans and then back up at her mother. What was more appropriate than a jeans and t-shirt?
"No, Mom. . . this is as appropriate as I get." Maddy said.

About the time Maddy finished her sentence, Claire came walking down the stairs in a white skirt that ended up above her knees, and a pale pink top. She was wearing a pair of white flats, and her blond hair was in curls, and her make-up looked like it took hours.

"You look so nice, Claire." Susan said.
"Thanks." Claire said, using the sweetest voice she could muster up. Maddy rolled her eyes.

Claire acted like a complete angel in front of her mother, but when the parents weren't around, then she was Satan with a wig.

"You girls are going to have so much fun at school." Susan said.
"Of course we will! I can't wait to show off my new sister." Claire said, smiling with the fakest smile Maddy had ever saw.

Maddy was having to ride to school with Claire. She didn't have a car in Forks, her mother wouldn't allow her to bring her Grand Am from Pennsylvania. Mike had promised she could go down to his car dealership this weekend and pick her out a vehicle, which was one thing she planned on taking from him. She could not deal with being in a car with Claire the rest of the school year.

"Don't fucking get mud on my carpet, skank." Claire hissed as they walked to the car.

Maddy rolled her eyes-- of course the real Claire would come out when her mom left, and her father was no where in sight. Maddy opened the door to her BMW and climbed inside. She groaned as Claire placed her seat belt on and then turned the volume up on. Maddy wanted to bang her head against the dash board as Justin Timberlake's voice flooded the inside of the car. She really wanted to strangle her step-sister.

"Don't let anyone know we're sister's. I have a reputation to up hold." Claire said, as they were pulling in the school parking lot.
"You think I like having you as a sister?" Maddy questioned bitterly.
"Who wouldn't?" Claire ask, flipping a piece of hair over her shoulder.
"Anyone with common sense." Maddy spat, opening the door and getting out of the vehicle. She shut the door with force and then walked towards the school.

Alice Cullen was standing in the hallway beside her locker, along with her boyfriend/husband Jasper when she saw the chocolate haired beauty walk by. Just this morning the girl had invaded her visions, she had saw her coming, but everything else was a huge blur.

"That's her." Alice whispered to Jasper.

He looked at the new girl and watched her walk down the hallway with attitude. She was clearly not happy to be here. Jasper studied her for a moment and took in her emotions. She was angry. He wondered why she was mad on her first day of school, normally new people would be scared on their first day at a new school.

Edward walked over to Alice and Jasper and saw them watching a chocolate haired girl.

"Why are you guys looking at her?" He questioned.
"I saw her in a vision this morning." Alice said.
"And?" Edward questioned, wondering why Alice would see some random girl in her visions.
"I don't know-- everything was blurry. Her future; it's uncertain." Alice said.
"Where's Bella?" Jasper ask.
"She's sick today. . . puking her guts up. I wanted to stay behind and take care of her, but she insisted I come to school." Edward said.

Both his siblings nodded their head and they each scattered off to their classes.

Maddy walked out of the Office with her school schedule in hand. She studied the classes and groaned. She hated GYM, and here in Washington, you had to take it all four years. Other than having GYM in the morning, the rest of her schedule wasn't too bad.
1st GYM
2nd Geometry
3rd Art
4th Creative Writing
lunch
5th History
6th Advanced Chemistry

She was looking forward to Art, and Creative Writing, and even History. The one subject she wasn't looking forward to was Geometry, she sucked at math. She glanced down at the map of the school and followed it to her first room, which was GYM. She walked inside and introduced herself to the coach, or teacher, whatever you would call him.

"We're playing basket ball today-- You can join Jessica's team." He said pointing to a girl with a pony tail.

Maddy walked over and joined Jessica's team. Basket ball in Forks wasn't too bad; however Maddy wasn't very good at guarding. She managed to score four points, which made her team happy. The kids in Forks seemed friendly, especially the guys. Most of them had introduced themselves, once, if not twice to make sure she remembered their name.

"So what other classes do you have?" The boy named Mike Newton ask.
"Uhm, geometry, Art, Writing, History, and Chemistry." She said.
"Awesome, I'm in a few of those." He said.

Maddy gave him a weak smile, to be friendly, and then walked out of the GYM. She made her way down to her next class which was Geometry. She really hoped her teacher was a better one than she had back home-- she had learned nothing from her math department at her old high school.

Unlike the GYM teacher-- Mrs. Baker, the Geometry teacher insisted on introducing Maddy to the class. Everyone welcomed her with a smile-- she looked around the room and noticed there was a pixie haired girl sitting in the back with a confused face, she looked like she was concentrating on something hard, but coming up empty handed each time. Then Maddy studied over the room of students more, and her eyes landed upon a blond haired boy with a cheesy grin on his face, Chase; Claire's boyfriend.

"You can take a seat next to Alice." The teacher said, pointing to the pixie haired girl.

Maddy walked over to her seat and sunk down. She could feel several pairs of eyes burning into her, but she didn't want to turn around and look. She knew one pair of eyes belonged to the pixie haired girl, named Alice. The girl was so perfect and beautiful. Her short black hair was stuck out in several different directions, her skin was flawless and porcelain like, her eyes were the most beautiful golden shade, and the deep purple around them only highlighted her features. She was one of the most beautiful women Maddy had ever laid her eyes on.

Alice couldn't figure out why she couldn't see anything about Maddy in the future-- everything was just a huge blur. She didn't know why this human had entered her visions, normally she would only see people of importance. Hardly ever did she see someone outside her family, or Bella-- unless that person was going to impact their lives somehow. But she couldn't tell anything about Maddy. The bell rung and Alice watched as the girl lifted her black back pack over her shoulder and walked out of the room with the other students. She burrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She decided to talk to Edward to see if he could read her mind-- possibly see what she was thinking, which could hold the key to why Alice couldn't make out any clear visions of her.

"Edward!" Alice said catching him before he headed into Art.
"Yeah?" He turned around questioning her.
"The new girl-- I keep getting visions of her, but her future is uncertain, it's killing me. . . could you possibly read her mind, figure out what's going on?" Alice said.

Edward nodded his head. He knew how bad it annoyed Alice to feel out of the loop. She was always the one who knew what was going to happen, and not being able to see what was going on annoyed her. He walked into the room and glanced over and saw the new girl sitting in front of his assigned seat. He breathed in, and the burning in his throat almost killed him.

It was the worse feeling he had ever felt in his entire life. More painful than sitting beside Bella any day of the week. He knew it had to be her-- he had been around everyone else before without feeling the burning.

"Edward? Are you alright?" Mr. Smith, the Art teacher ask.
"Fine." Edward said, collecting himself, and slowly walking over to the seat. He cut his breathing off and lowered himself down into the seat behind her. He focused on her mind, trying to read what she was thinking.

He scrunched his eyebrows up in confusion as he focused in more on her mind. Normally, he heard a direct thought when he focused on someone-- but with Maddy he heard something he had never heard before. He heard a rumble of whispers, almost like a thousand people were talking inside her head. He shook his head, and then focused on her again-- the same thing. He wondered what was going on. He had never encountered anything like this before. He couldn't make out any of the whispers, this was worse than silence.

Edward focused on the girl the entire hour-- although he found himself not concentrating on her mind as much as he did her face. She was beautiful-- there was no hiding that. She was the most attractive woman he had ever laid his eyes on.

The hour ended quickly, Edward couldn't believe it passed so fast. It felt like he had just started thinking about her minutes ago, and now everyone was leaving the room. He slowly raised from his seat. He noticed that during that hour, Bella who was suppose to be home sick had never crossed his mind, which was unusual. Normally Bella never left his mind-- but today, he was having a hard time remembering she existed.

"Did you find anything out?" Alice ask when he walked out of the room.
"Nope." He said.
"What do you mean 'Nope'?" She questioned, "Is she silent too?"
"No. . . I just heard a rumble of whispers. I can't make out anything though." Edward said.

Alice made a face of annoyance. This was the most confusing situation she had ever been placed in. She slowly dragged herself to her next class, still wondering why she couldn't see Maddy clearly in her visions.

Maddy walked into the cafeteria and sighed. Just as she thought-- all the clicks had been formed. She saw Claire sitting at a table with the rest of the blond cheer leader's and jocks. Then there was the table of kids who had their noses buried in the books, then the table of stoner's who looked as if they were about to fall asleep.

"Maddy! Over here." Jessica called, waving to a table. Maddy thanked God under her breath for Jessica Stanley and slowly walked over to the table and took a seat next to her, and Mike.
"This is Angela, Taylor, Lauren, Hayley, and Eric." She said pointing to each individual. She smiled at each of them.
"So, where did you come from?" The one named Hayley ask.
"Pennsylvania." She said.

Maddy actually found herself enjoying the people she shared lunch with. She and Hayley got along very well-- and ended up noticing they had four classes together. Maddy was happy that at least she wasn't an out cast.

"Oh God." Maddy mumbled, seeing Claire and Chase walk by hand in hand.
"You hate Claire too?" Hayley ask laughing.
"Detest is a better word. . . She's my new step-sister." Maddy said.
"You're kidding me. . . You have the worlds worse luck then." Hayley said.
"I know. . . It's like living with a Barbie doll. Wonder if her arms are as easily detachable." Maddy said, causing Hayley to laugh.
"So who are they?" Maddy ask, looking over at the table where the pixie haired girl sit.

She noticed that four other people were sitting around the table with her. One of them being the guy from her Art class, while the other three were new faces. They all shared so many familiar features. They were all very pale, all had the same color eyes, and all had the purple shades under their eyes.

"That's The Cullens/Hale's. Alice--, and Jasper are together. . . Rosalie, the blond one is with Emmett the big one, and Edward, he's with Bella; she's not here today." Hayley said. "Their adopted by Dr. Cullen, and his wife." Jessica added.

Maddy nodded her head, and starred over at the table that was filled with the pale skinned beauties. She could tell they were different from any other click within Forks High. . . She wondered what it was that set them aside from everyone else.