Fatal Attraction

Fire and Ice

Image
Maddy squealed out as she saw some things her father would be interested in. She grabbed Edward by the hand and pulled him towards the back of the store. Edward smiled, feeling her warm hand in his colder one; she didn't seem to mind how cold his hand was. It was like fire and ice, but it felt so right. She smiled when she saw the knives in the back. She observed over each one of them and grinned when she saw one with a dark brown handle.

"Your dad likes knives?" Edward ask.
"He collects them." Maddy said.

One of her hands was still in Edward's as the other ran over the different knives. He smiled as she watched how much her eyes lit up when she talked about her father. He knew that he must be pretty important to her, and swallowed hard when he thought about the distance between them. Would Maddy go back when she turned eighteen to be around her dad?

"Can I help you?" A elderly man ask from behind them.

Maddy turned around and smiled, "Yes, please. Could you get me the brown one. I'm buying it for my father." She said smiling. The elderly man grinned and took the knife out of it's case and took it up to the front where the register was. Maddy bit down on her bottom lip as she waited for him to ring her up.

"I know you two probably aren't over the age of eighteen-- But I think it's safe to sale it to you, you don't look like a murderer." The old man chuckled.
"Oh no" Maddy said laughing, "I just moved here from Pennsylvania, and I've been wanting to send my dad something, he collects knives, so I thought it fit." She said smiling.

The man placed the knife in a small wooden box and handed it to Maddy. She thanked him and then she and Edward walked out of the shop. She bit down on her bottom lip as she climbed into the Volvo. She noticed, that she didn't let go of Edward's hand until she payed for the knife. She hadn't even realized she was holding it; the gesture just came natural to her, and she felt completely comfortable having her hand in his.

"So, is that all you wanna do?" He ask.
"It's still kind of early. Anything you wanna do?" She ask.
"I just like spending time with you, Maddy." He said honestly.

She smiled. She liked spending time with him as well, but she still questioned if it was too soon to move on from Aaron. She had been with him for two years; and now here she was only days after their break up, finding herself falling head over heels for someone else; someone who wasn't even human.

"What are you thinking about?" He questioned.
"Just life." She mumbled.
"What about life?" He ask, dying to know what was going through her mind.

He hated not being able to hear her thoughts. He had never cared that much about Bella's, but Maddy's was a different story. He hated the rumbling inside her head-- he wondered why he didn't hear silence like he did with Bella.

"What about sports?" She ask.
"What about them?" He questioned.
"Do you like any? Like basket ball or something?" She ask.
"My family and I play base ball sometimes."
"I'm not good at baseball. I'm better at basket ball." She said smiling.
"I'm not good at basket ball." He said smiling.
"You're good at everything!" She said laughing.

Edward changed the direction of the Volvo, and headed towards the old city park. It had been abandoned for ten years-- however the basket ball court was still there. He would need to stop off at Newton's sporting good store before they went though, so he could pick up a ball. When he pulled into the parking lot of the store, Maddy looked over at him with raised eyebrows.

"We can't play without a ball now can we?" He ask, causing her to smile.

Maddy got out of the Volvo and walked into the store behind Edward. Mike was standing at the register with a confused look. She guessed Edward had never been in here before. Edward walked back and grabbed a basket ball and then quickly walked to the front of the store and placed it on the counter.

"When did you start playing sports?" He ask Edward.
"Maddy wants to play." Edward said.

Mike nodded his head and took the money from Edward and gave him back his change. None of the Cullen's ever had gym class, and Mike always found that odd-- but he didn't pay much attention to it. He hated how Edward always had first dibs on all the new hot girls that came to Forks; first Bella, and now Maddy. Was he ever going to get his chance?

"What is this place?" Maddy ask, as Edward parked the Volvo in an grassy spot that was once probably an actual parking spot.
"The old park-- no one ever comes here anymore since the new one was built."
"I'd say not! It's like in the middle of nowhere." Maddy said.

They had drove a mile through a old dirt road to get to the park.

Edward passed the ball to Maddy and she bounced it on the ground a few times, and then took her first shot into the old rusted chain basket that was hanging. She smiled when her ball went in first time.

"Show off." Edward muttered.

Maddy laughed and passed the ball to Edward. He caught it and shot it with grace, making it go into the hole just as Maddy's did.

"See, you're good at everything." She said.
"I'm even better at base ball." He said smiling.
"Show me!" She demanded in a playful tone.
"I can't today-- next thunder storm though." He said smiling

She smiled. The two of them played basket ball for a bit longer, and then decided to call it quits. Maddy didn't want her evening with Edward to end though; he was so easy to be around, and she was having so much fun spending time with him.

"Will you come over tonight?" She ask.
"I don't think I can-- I'm going to go hunting." He said.
"Oh okay." She said.
"If I get back early enough I will though." He said, hoping to make her smile.

A smile slowly curved into her lips which made his heart feel like it was beating.

"You don't have too-- I just. . . I've had a lot of fun with you lately."
"I've had fun with you as well." He said

Edward dropped Maddy off, and then headed home to meet up with some of his family for hunting. He was pleased to see Alice and Jasper standing on the porch waiting for him. Emmett and Rosalie had went earlier that day, along with Esme. Carlisle would always go before his shifts at the hospital.

"Hey Edward. You ready?" She ask.
"Yeah, let's go."

The three of them zoomed through the woods and out of Forks. Lucky for them about fifty miles north had a over population of both deer and elk. Jasper pounced on a elk, while Alice and Edward both fed on deer. Once they were all satisfied, they dusted themselves off and began walking back towards the house at a slow pace, they weren't in any rush.

"So, you really like this human girl?" Jasper ask.
"I love her." Edward admitted for the first time out loud.
"She'll love you too. Visions are her are becoming more clear." Alice said, "I think it's because she's figuring out she wants to be with you."
"There's a chance she still may go home on her birthday though."
"How long is that?"
"It's still months away-- but I don't know if I can handle losing her."
"I don't think she's going anywhere-- you two are good for each other." Alice said.

Edward hoped Alice was right, though he feared she was wrong. He could see how much Maddy cared about her father. Would she stay in Forks for him, or would she return back to be with her father? He hoped she stayed with him; but only she could decide that. He realized that was the decision that was blocking Alice's visions from being clear. Maddy would have to make a choice when her birthday came-- to stay in Forks with him, or to return home to her old life.

What would she choose when the time come?