Fatal Attraction

Clear Visions

Image
Maddy laughed as her dad tossed Ava over his shoulder when they walked through the souvenir shop where she had purchased his knife. She was so glad he had come to visit. It really just made everything in her life that much better. Ava cackled loudly as her dad placed her back on the ground. Maddy smiled at her dad and showed him the rest of the knives. His eyes widened, just as she predicted and immediately glued his eyes to them. He picked out several to purchase for his collection.

"Maddy-- I'm sor" Aaron started.
"I don't wanna hear it. I said I'm spending the day with my father. End of discussion, Aaron." Maddy snapped. She didn't want to hear anything he had to say.

Her dad was talking to the man behind the counter, and she slipped her cell phone from her pocket and bit down on her bottom lip.

"Dad, I'm gonna go call Edward and tell him we'll be home in a few hours. I'll be right back." She said, walking down the aisle and out the door to the little shop. She pressed Edward's speed dial and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey love." His smooth voice rang.
"Hi. What are you doing?" She ask.
"Playing chess with Alice at this moment. How was lunch with your dad at the diner?" He ask.
"How did you-- Oh, never mind! It was great. Speaking of dad-- he wants to meet you. . ."
"and you'll be home in two hours. I'll be there."
"I thought my future wasn't clear." She whispered lowly.
"Alice said there was a break through in your future today." Edward said.

Maddy ended the phone conversation and walked back inside to join her father.

Edward hung up his cell phone and sighed. Alice did get clear visions of Maddy-- some Edward were glad of, while others he didn't like too much. In one vision, Alice saw Maddy with crimson red eyes, which only indicated one thing-- she had been turned. He swallowed hard, he didn't want her to lose her soul. He'd be damned if he'd be the one to change her. He wouldn't allow it by any other vampire either. She was staying human, living her life, and not becoming a monster.

"I win!" Alice's little voice said.

Edward look up and nodded his head towards his sister. He had lost concentration and didn't pay attention to her mind enough to win. He sighed as he got up from the table and walked into the living room. Emmett noticed something was strange about Edward and followed in behind him.

"What's wrong?" Emmett's strong voice ask.
"Alice's visions have me on the edge."
"The one about Maddy being like us?" Emmett ask.
"Yeah-- I don't want her to be like us." Edward said, turning around with dread in his eyes.
"Why not? Don't you love her?"
"I love her-- That's why I don't want her like us, Emmett! She deserves a chance at life-- a chance at a future!"
"You should talk to her about this." Emmett suggested.
"No! I'll never bring up the topic." Edward snapped.
"And what if she asks? What if she begs like Bella did?" Emmett said.
"I'm not changing her. I don't care how much she begs." Edward said.

Emmett shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know what else to say. When it come to this topic, Edward was the most stubborn individual you'd ever meet. Emmett walked into the living room and walked over and took a seat next to Rosalie.

"Well-- is he going to change her?" She ask hatefully.
"He says no, but if Alice sees it." Emmett started to say.
"No! If he says no, then it's a no. We don't need her anyways." Rosalie hissed.
"What's your problem, Rose? You hate her more than you hated Bella." Emmett said.
"She's not one of us!" Rose hissed.
"But she might one day-- so why not warm up to her now." He suggested.
"I'll never warm up to her." Rose spat.

Emmett rolled his eyes at his girlfriend/wife, and placed his arm around her shoulder. She was also stubborn. She had hated Bella, and never wanted her to join the family, but Emmett knew it was more than that with Maddy-- it seemed as if Rosalie was jealous of her. Which any girl would be, Maddy was drop dead gorgeous, and had an amazing personality to go along with her looks.

Maddy laughed as they sit around in the living room playing go fish with her old deck of poker cards. It was hilarious when her dad stole all of Ava's cards, and she pouted. The door bell rang and Maddy smiled as her mother walked over and opened the door. Edward was standing in the door way with a bright smile placed upon his perfect face. Maddy bit down on her bottom lip as she waited for him to walk inside. Her dad looked him up and down and then looked over at her with shock. Her parents had come to accept the fact that she was attracted to 'weird' guys. Weird to them meant tattooed and pierced, with jet black hair that normally hung down in their face, much like Aaron. Her dad was shocked to see a well dressed teenage boy standing in front of him, with nice brown hair, and no facial piercings.

"I'm Edward Cullen." He said, extending his hand.

Maddy's father took his hand in his and shook it, pleased that she had found such a gentlemen. Edward took a seat on the carpet next to Maddy and joined in on the game. Her father was impressed by him quickly.

Aaron sit on the couch watching everything. He couldn't believe Maddy liked a guy like Edward. He grinded his teeth together when Edward wrapped his arm around her waist.

Claire bounced down the hallway-- rolling her eyes when she saw Maddy's dad still there. She had went on a shopping trip hoping to avoid all of Maddy's family. She smiled, when she saw her ex sitting on the couch by himself. She flipped her long blond hair over her shoulder as she walked over and sunk down in the couch beside him. She began conversation, hoping to make Maddy jealous.

Maddy noticed Claire enter the room, but that was it. She could care less if she was talking to Aaron right now. She was just concerned with spending time with her dad.

The evening passed by fairly quickly, and soon the time for their departure came. Maddy hugged her father tightly and told him she would visit soon. She just looked at Aaron, as he stood by her father. Edward was at her side, starring Aaron down. He wanted to rip him apart, for grabbing her wrist earlier, but for Maddy's sake, he stayed calm and didn't kill him.

"I'll give them a ride to the air port." Mike said walking out the front door.

Once they walked out the door. Maddy sighed loudly, she was going to miss her father so much.

"I'm gonna miss him so much." She said.
"I know, but you can visit him soon." Edward said.
"Not for a couple months-- School doesn't end for two months, Edward."
"You can go then." He said.
"You wanna go with me?" She questioned.
"We'll see." Edward said.

He had no clue how many overcast days they had in Pennsylvania, and he really didn't know how her father would react to him sparkling like diamonds when the sun hit him. He kissed her forehead, and spent a little more time with her before he headed home for a couple hours. He promised to once again come back when everyone was sleeping.