Fatal Attraction

Imprint

Image
Saturday came quicker than Edward would have liked. He hadn't been able to talk Maddy out of her trip to La Push, even though he had tried everything under the sun to convince her that she didn't need to go there. He just hoped that Jacob Black and his friends decided to stay away for the day. He didn't like the idea of any of them being around Maddy.

Maddy smiled as Hayley pulled into her drive way. She adjusted her tank top, which was over her bikini top and then walked over and got inside Hayley's car. She placed her sunglasses over her eyes, to shield her eyes from the sun. It was very sunny in Forks today. Probably the sunniest day of the year.

"I can't believe it's so sunny! I wish it could be like this year round." Hayley said.
"I know." Maddy commented.

Though she knew if it was sunny year round-- then that would mean Edward would be stuck inside at all times. She didn't know why he was so uptight about her hanging out by the beaches on the La Push reservation. The only thing he would tell her was that he didn't like the guys that lived there. He didn't say why he didn't like them, or which ones he didn't like. He just referred to them as a pack, or 'dogs' as she heard Emmett say.

"I'm telling you, Mads. The guys are so hot here." Hayley said.
"Hay-- I'm dating Edward. I'm not here to shop for guys." Maddy said laughing.
"Yeah-- but still! Some are even hotter than Edward-- especially Jacob Black. God, Bella is so lucky!"

Maddy laughed, and then shook her head at Hayley as they pulled into the reservation. She noticed several vehicles were parked by the beaches. Maddy looked up towards cliffs and say people jumping off. Her eyes widened.

"They jump off cliffs?"
"Yeah! Cliff diving-- most of the La Push guys do it." Hayley said.

Maddy opened the door and stepped out. Hayley grabbed the towels from her back seat, and the two of them back their way down to the beach. They decided to lay out in the sun a bit. They were scared the water was still too cool for swimming. Maddy stripped out of her jean shorts, and peeled her tank top off. She laid back on the beach towel Hayley had on the sand. Hayley stripped down to her bikini as well.

"I hope we get a good tan." Hayley said.
"Yeah-- I've gotten pale since I've been here." Maddy said.

The two girls continued to lay in the sun, chatting about school, life, and family. Hayley laughed when Maddy told her all the horrible things she had done to Claire behind her back.

"What are you fine ass ladies doing?" Mike Newton's cheesy voice said.

Maddy raised herself up and balanced on her elbows, and rolled her eyes. Mike was standing in front of her in a wife beater, and a pair of red and blue floral swimming trunks. He had a smirk on his face, and she could tell his eyes were wondering over her body. She rolled her eyes and laid by down, Hayley flipped her hair, and flirted for a few minutes.

"I'm gonna go meet up with Bella in a few-- you two wanna join?" Mike ask.
"What's Bella doing?" Hayley ask.
"She's just sitting on the log at the top of the mountain. Watching the guys cliff dive." Mike said.

Hayley looked over at Maddy-- basically asking if she wanted to tag along. Maddy shrugged her shoulders. She didn't have a problem with Bella, so she decided it wouldn't hurt any to go along. She stood up and dusted herself off. She pulled her jean shorts up on her.

"We'll just leave our tops and towels here, we can come back for them." Hayley said.

Maddy nodded her head. Wearing her bikini top only would probably help with her tanning anyways. She and Hayley began walking up the short dirt path with Mike. When they finally reached the top; Maddy saw Bella sitting on a small log. She was wearing a pair of black shorts, and a orange tank top. Her stomach was visible, she was almost five months along.

"Hey Bella!" Mike hollered.

Bella stood up and smiled when she saw Mike. She wanted to frown when she saw Hayley and Maddy, but she decided to play nice. She hated the idea of Edward being with any other womanbut her-- but she knew there was nothing she could do about it now. She had a baby on the way, and she was also happy with Jacob.

"Hey girls." Bella said.

Both Maddy and Hayley said a quick hello, and joined her on the log. Maddy watched as one guy took off running and then leaped off the cliff. He yelled the entire way down.

"That's Paul." Bella said laughing.
"Where's Jake?" Mike questioned.
"He just jumped a few minutes ago. He should be back in a moment or two." Bella said.

Maddy was actually curious about what this Jacob guy looked like. She had heard him mentioned a few times, but never saw him or had anyone describe what he looked like.

Maddy looked over towards a group of three guys when they walked up to the group laughing. Each of them had very short hair, and dark colored skin. Maddy studied over each of them, and wondered which one was Jacob.

Jacob looked towards Bella and gave her a light smile. He never thought he'd end up with her, let alone about to become a father. The pregnancy wasn't planned; but he was more than happy to step up to the plate. He rolled his eyes lightly when he saw Mike Newton sitting next to her. He didn't really like the guy, but he tolerated him for Bella's sake. Sitting next to him was a girl he had saw a few times, but next to her was someone he had never saw before.

He starred into her deep chocolate eyes and began to feel himself come undone. Nothing mattered to him at the moment, not his pack, not Bella, not even his unborn child. He swallowed hard as he allowed his eyes to roam over her perfect body, and then returned up to her eyes. She had the face of an angel, and he doubted if he would ever be able to look away. It felt as if she was the center of his universe. His entire world rotated around one thing-- one person-- the girl sitting at the end of the log.

Sam studied Jacob's facial expression and instantly tensed up. He knew what was happening. Jacob was imprinting on the strange girl who they had never saw before. Sam felt awful. It reminded him of when he had imprinted on Emily. He was with Leah at the time-- but nothing could hold him back from his feelings for Emily. Now nothing would be able to hold Jacob back, not even Bella and their child.

"Jake?" Bella ask, now appearing right in front of him.

He couldn't look away from the strange girl though. He watched as she whispered to the girl sitting next to him. He wanted to know about her-- everything about her, every little detail of her life.

"JAKE!" Bella yelled, snapping him out of his trance, although his mind was still cluttered with her perfect face.
"What is wrong with you!" Bella hissed, noticing him starring at Maddy.
"What-- Bell, I uh."
"You better stop looking at Edward's girlfriend like that!" She snapped.

Jacob's eyebrows burrowed together. She was dating Edward Cullen? He could feel a growl erupting in his throat, and his hands balled into fist. He was getting very angry-- and very fast. Sam placed a hand on his shoulder which told him to cool down-- he couldn't lose control now. He couldn't shift in front of Mike, and the other girls.

"What is wrong with you?" Bella ask angerily.
"I imprinted on her." Jacob spoke in a whisper, causing Bella to turn around with rage in her eyes.

Bella hated her. She really hated her. Maddy had come here and got Edward-- and now she could have Jacob as well.

"Let's get out of here-- Bella looks like she's about to burst into a fireball." Hayley said.
"Yeah, let's go." Maddy said.

Jacob watched as his imprint, and her friend walked down the hill. Mike Newton following slowly behind them. He swallowed hard when she went out of his sight. It was like she took a piece of him with her. His heart was now split in two.

"STOP IT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, JACOB BLACK? WE HAVE A BABY ON THE WAY!" Bella yelled.
"I can't help it!" He yelled back, not nearly as loud.
"YOU CAN TOO!" She said.
"I can't stop it! I can't help it." Jacob explained.

Bella rolled her eyes and stomped off. Jacob decided she needed time to cool down. He walked over to the edge of the cliff and looked down near the beach and saw the girl retrieving her tank top and towel from the sand. He watched her then walk over to a car and get inside. He knew he had to have her. He didn't care what Bella or Edward had to say-- he needed her in his life.