Fatal Attraction

Blank Canvas

Image
Maddy slowly walked into his history class. Her teacher handed her a book and a few papers for her folder, she was then assigned a seat. She was in the class before anyone else since she didn't stop in the halls to gossip or place her books in her locker yet. She hadn't even looked for her locker, she had no clue where it was. She had the piece of paper crumbled up in her pocket with the number, and combination on it. She sighed, pulling out a black pen and getting her paper ready for notes. The final bell rung and she watched as the room quickly filled with students. The last two to walk in was the pixie haired girl, and the boy from her Art class. She remembered their names as Alice and Edward. Alice sit two seats in front of her, while Edward was sitting directly beside her. She watched out of the cover of her eye as he clutched his hands on the desk. He seemed tense and uneasy, she wondered if something was wrong with him.

Her scent was driving him crazy; her blood was the most tempting he had ever smell. Bella's didn't even compare to her's. He knew if he wouldn't have worked up excellent self control with Bella over the last year then he wouldn't be able to sit beside her without attacking. He watched as she tucked a piece of her dark brown hair behind her ear, revealing two ear piercing where skull studs were placed. She bit down on her pink lips and studied the chalk board as Mr. Peters went over the notes. Her eyes were a deep mysterious brown. Her nails were painted black, and Edward noticed by her clothing that she probably wasn't one to care about what people thought. He focused in on her thoughts, and yet again only heard a low rumbling of whispers. It was like hearing static on a radio. He couldn't make out any sentences or voices no matter how hard he tired.

'Edward, Are you okay? You're starring a hole through her.'

Alice's thoughts popped into his mind. He tore his eyes away from her and then focused on the chalk board, even though his mind kept traveling back to her. What was it about her that had him so captivated? Was it the smell of her blood? Or was it the attraction he felt for her. He would only admit it to himself-- but he was finding this girl attractive, more attractive than he ever thought possible. He had always thought Bella was the most beautiful woman on the planet; even more beautiful than Rosalie, but Maddy-- Maddy was more beautiful than a thousand Bella's put together. He couldn't imagine anyone being more beautiful than her.

Class ended quickly, and he watched as Maddy gathered up her things and walked out of the class just like all the other students. He and Alice were the last ones to leave.

"Anything?" Alice questioned.
"She's a blank canvas to me." Edward mumbled, walking out of the room and heading towards Chemistry.

Maddy once again arrived at her class before anyone else. She smiled at the balding man behind the desk, just as her last teacher had done, he handed her a text book.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do about seating-- My tables are all booked up. We'll see if anyone's absent today though. You can take their seat; and then tomorrow we'll figure something out." Mr. Banks said.

Maddy nodded her head and waited patiently for the room to fill up. She rolled her eyes seeing Claire walk into the room. And to think, her day was going so good. The blond rolled her eyes as she walked over to the desk where she and Chase always sit. Soon the blond jock came in, and walked over joining Claire. The room slowly filled, and Maddy looked around and only seen one available seat. It was beside Edward.

"Okay. . . Since Miss Swan is absent today, you can take a seat next to Mr. Cullen." Mr. Banks said.

Maddy nodded her head and slowly walked over and took a seat next to Edward. She watched as he shifted in his seat once again. He moved the chair as far away from her as possible and held his nose over his mouth. She rolled her eyes-- the Cullen's were weird.

'Lucky bitch. Wish I could sit next to Edward Cullen. Look how far he scooted away, she probably smells like shit.' Claire's thoughts filled Edward's head.

How could Claire think that about her? She smelled so nice, like a mixture between strawberries and vanilla. She smelled so nice, he needed to push himself away before he ended up doing something he and his family might be exposed for. He could picture himself leaning over and brushing the locks of hair away from her neck, and then sinking his fangs into her neck, allowing the blood to flow through his mouth.

STOP IT!

He mentally yelled at himself. Those types of thoughts would led him to leaving again, just as he had done when Bella arrived. He wouldn't allow this girl to invade his mind like this; he immediately cut off his breathing so he didn't torture himself around her any longer. He cringed as she tossed her long brown hair behind her back so she could bend over and write.

"I want you to do these work sheets in pairs." Mr. Banks said handing out a small work sheet.

Edward groaned. He wasn't happy about having to work with her-- talk to her. That just wasn't a good thing for him to do at the moment.

"I'm Maddy." She introduced herself once the work sheet was placed between them.
"Edward. . ." He mumbled.
"We have a lot of classes together." She said flashing him the most beautiful smile he had ever saw.
"Yeah." He mumbled once again.

Maddy took the hint that Edward wasn't interested in conversation-- she had attempted being nice despite her first impression of him being weird, now she gave up. She wasn't interested in getting to know Edward Cullen.

"I'll answer 1-5, you can do 6-10." She said bitterly looking at the questions.

Edward knew his rudeness probably scared her off, but he couldn't help it. He didn't know any other way to be. He looked out the window and starred at the rain trickling down the glass. For the first time of the day, he wondered about Bella and how she was feeling. He felt guilty for coming to school today-- he could have left at lunch to go visit her, but something made him want to stay-- curiosity. He wanted to see where the new girl would sit, what click she belonged to.

"Finished." She said handing him the work sheet. He glanced over at her and nodded the head as he read over questions one through five, and then checked out her answer. He was impressed she got them all correct. He then began scribbling down the other answers in his elegant signature. He placed the work sheet in the middle of the table.

"You have nice hand writing for a guy." She said.
"Thanks." Edward stated, not looking in her eyes.

'He's probably wanting to kill Bella Swan for making her his partner for the day-- I wouldn't blame him though, she is so lame.' Claire's thoughts once again rang in his head.

He frowned-- she was far from lame. She was intelligent, beautiful, and from what he could see kind of friendly. He knew there was more to Maddy, but he just couldn't take the risk of finding out.

The bell soon rang, and Maddy gathered her things quickly, and then walked out of the hallway and searched the hallways for her locker. There was no way she planned on packing all these books home without needing too. She found the locker and then done the combination and placed her books inside. Once Maddy placed everything inside, she walked out of the hallway and down the steps. She knew she was heading into the pits of hell-- which was the BMW with Claire.

She searched over the parking lot for Claire's red BMW, and dropped her mouth open when she saw her pulling out of the parking lot. . . WITHOUT HER.

Maddy walked down the steps fuming as she searched in her pocket for her cell phone.

"Hey Mads, what's wrong?" Hayley ask.
"Fucking Claire left me. She's such a bitch!" Maddy nearly screamed as she proceeded to look for her cellphone in the mess she called her purse.
"She is a bitch-- I'll give you a ride home, it's really not a problem." Hayley said.
"Really? Thank you so much, Hayley." Maddy said.

The two of them got inside Hayley's small car and then she told her where to drive to.

"I've never been on this street. I think they call it Millionaire drive." Hayley said chuckling.
"Really? I can see why-- It's stupid to have houses that big!" Maddy said pointing to one of her neighbors.
"You really don't like Claire, do you?" Hayley said laughing.
"Hate her! Her dad's okay-- but he tries to buy my love." Maddy said.
"So your mom remarried him, and now you're stuck here."
"Until I'm eighteen-- then I'm moving back to Pennsylvania with my dad."

Hayley nodded her head and pulled up into the drive way right behind Claire's car. Maddy thanked her and then stepped out. She watched as Hayley pulled out of the drive way, she walked inside the house and slammed the front door behind her. Claire was sitting on the couch talking to Susan.

"You bitch! What the fuck-- you left me." Maddy said.
"I forgot! I'm so sorry-- I was just on my way back." Claire said.
"Maddy, apologize to Claire this instant! She was just saying how bad she felt for running off without you. It was an honest mistake." Susan said, taking Claire's side.
"An honest mistake would be me giving her one black eye instead of two." Maddy said.
"You're grounded!" Susan said.
"Grounded? Mom! She fucking LEFT me on my FIRST DAY!" Maddy yelled.
"We're not in pre-school anymore, Maddy. and It was an honest mistake." Claire said.
"Whatever-- Just stay the fuck out of my way, alright?" Maddy said, still fuming as she walked up the stairs.

She slammed her bedroom door and locked it. She didn't care if the house was on fire-- there was no way she planned on leaving this room tonight. She had no interest in socializing with her mom or Claire. Since her mom married Mike, it seemed like Claire became her pride and joy. Maddy walked over to her computer and checked her messages. She replied back to her father's and boyfriend's, letting them know what a awful hectic day she had.