Fatal Attraction

Bedroom Talk

Image
Maddy rolled her eyes as she watched Claire and Chase make out in the living room. They had got back together this past week. Maddy sighed, as she walked out of the living room and into the kitchen where her mom was preparing dinner. It smelled delicious. She took a stool next to Ava and propped herself up on it. Susan turned around and gave her eldest daughter a bright smile.

"Claire was talking about the prom earlier-- are you going Maddy?" Susan ask.
"I think Edward and I might go-- I dunno yet."
"You better decide quick-- It's only a month or so away, and you'll need to go shopping for a dress. I can't believe you're only allowed to wear white or black."
"Pick white, Maddy!" Ava squealed.
"Why white?" She ask, turning around to face her little sister.
"Because then you'll look like a bride." Ava said innocently.
"I'd rather pick black then." Maddy said joking around.
"And look like a vampire!" Ava hissed rudely.

Maddy looked at her sister with a blank expression. Had Ava heard anything?

"Why do you say that, Av?" Maddy ask.
"Cause! That's what vampire's wear on Disney!" Ava said crossing her arms.

Maddy smiled at her little sister. She was just as clueless as everyone else, which Maddy was happy about. She helped her mother, and then everyone was called in for dinner. Maddy ate quietly as Chase gushed about how he was excited about taking Claire to prom. Maddy chewed on her steamed vegetables and smirked. Chase was the definition of scumbag. But as long as Claire had her jock boyfriend back, then she would refrain from putting any moves on Edward.

Once dinner was over, Maddy slowly walked up to her room for the evening. She took a seat on her bed, and scattered her books across them. She decided to spend her time wisely; catching up on school work. She wasn't behind-- but it was always smart to stay ahead.

A few hours had passed by the time she decided to close her books. She glanced over at the clock, and allowed a small yawn to escape her lips when she saw the time. It was nearing ten, which meant that Edward would be stopping in soon. She got out of bed, and walked down to the bathroom where she could freshen up.

When Maddy walked back into her room, she smiled seeing Edward already sitting at the edge of the bed. She closed, and locked the door behind her and walked over to where he was sitting. She stood between his legs, and allowed his steel arms to wrap around her body.

"I missed you." He murmured, burying his face in her hair.
"I missed you too." She said.

Edward laid back on her bed, and allowed her to snuggle up against him. He moved a few spare locks of hair away from her face and starred down into her sparkling brown eyes. She was the most beautiful human he had ever saw, and he was so glad to be able to say she was his.

"Edward-- I have to tell you something." She said.
"O-okay?"

He was scared. Had she decided that they shouldn't be together? Did she fall under Jacob's spell? Thousands of things were floating around Edward's mind. He loved Maddy with all of his heart, and he didn't know if he could bare to lose her.

"Edward. . . I know it may seem too sudden-- but I. . . I" She struggled with her words.
"I'm. . . I. . . I love you, Edward." She blurted out, hoping he didn't run away screaming.

She didn't know when it had happened-- but sometime she had falling in love with him. It was a feeling like she had never felt before. No man could ever compare to Edward Cullen.

Edward's eyes closed and then a slow smile appeared on his lips as he reopened them. He was prepared for the worse-- but the best had happened. He didn't respond to her verbally. Instead he leaned down and connected his lips against hers in one of the most passionate kisses they had ever shared. For once; he wasn't even concerned with hurting her. He knew he would never do that.

She deepened the kiss, and was surprised when he allowed it. She tangled her fingers in his hair, and grinned as he pulled away from the kiss and left a trail of sweet kisses down her jaw, and neck. He pulled away from her skin, and then smiled as he looked into her eyes.

"I love you so much, Maddy." He said moving in, and placing another sweet kiss upon her lips. Maddy giggled as she pulled away from the kiss after a few minutes.

"Remember, humans need air." She said.

He smiled, and then pressed his cold forehead against hers.

"I want to spend eternity with you." He said, not catching on to what he just said.
"So, you're going to turn me?" She questioned.

He backed his forehead away from hers and looked down in her eyes, recalling what she had just said, and what he had said before it.

"I meant--"
"No, we need to talk about this." Maddy said.
"I'm not changing you." He said, "There is no talking about it."
"Then how can you say you want to spend eternity with me!" She hissed.
"Maddy-- I do want to spend eternity with you; but I'm not going to steal your soul to do it."
"So what? We date for a couple of years; and when I out grow you what then?"
"We can be together until the day you die."
"Maybe I don't want to die." She said crossing her arms.

He groaned.

"Let's not discuss this, okay?"
"No. We need to discuss this-- I want to be with you forever, Edward." She said.
"And I want to be with you forever-- but you deserve better than this-- better than me." He said.
"You're what I want-- what I need." She told him.

Edward sighed. He loved this girl more than anything.

"I love you, okay?" He said leaning down and pressing his lips against hers.
"Then change me-- I'm not saying do it tonight, or even in the next year. I want to finish school first; but then one day-- promise me, when I'm ready-- you'll change me?" She questioned.
"I'll think about it." He answered, just to get her to bed.

She nodded her head, and curled up beside his cool body. He stroked her hair as he watched her drift off to sleep. He wanted to spend eternity with her-- but he didn't want to take her soul in the process.