Fatal Attraction

The Park

Image
Maddy took a bite of her sandwich and continued reading her book. She was laying out on beach towel in her back yard. It was one of those rare sunny days that hit Forks. She was taking advantage of the sunshine. She took another bite, and turned the page. Her phone started ringing from next to her. She reached over and picked it up. She smiled seeing Edward's number blinking. He had been gone on a hunting trip since yesterday afternoon, and he wouldn't be back until later tonight.

"How's the lion?" She ask.
"It's fine-- how are you?" Edward ask.
"I'm fine, just laying out in the sun and reading a book."
"I'll be home this afternoon. I miss you so much."
"I miss you as well. I think I'm gonna take Ava out in a bit. We haven't done anything together in awhile."
"Where are you taking her?" Edward ask.
"I was thinking maybe out for an ice cream and the park." Maddy said.
"That sounds like it would be a good idea. I hope you have fun-- Emmett's hollering me at. I gotta go, I love you, Maddy."
"I love you too. Bye."

Things between her and Edward were good. She hadn't brought up being changed since that night in her bedroom, she didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable again-- she knew that if it was meant for them to be together forever, then it would happen eventually.

She finished reading the chapter she was on and finished off her sandwich. Maddy gathered up her things and then walked inside. She saw Ava sitting on the couch watching television.

"Hey squirt. How about you and I go out for some Ice cream?" Maddy ask.
"That would be fun!" Ava squealed.

Maddy smiled, "Just let me get a chance of clothes and I'll be ready to go."

She walked up the stairs, and placed on a t-shirt and a pair of jean shorts. She slipped her feet into a pair of Old Navy flops and then ran her fingers through her hair to get out some of the tangles. She decided against redoing her make-up. She had no one to impress. She walked down the stairs with her keys in her hand and smiled when she saw Ava standing there with her Hello Kitty purse in hand.

"Mom-- I'm taking Ava out for some ice cream, and possibly go down to the park for a bit."
"Okay sweetheart. Enjoy yourselves, and be careful." Susan said.

Maddy pulled into the small ice cream shop about twenty minutes later. She got out and took Ava's small hand in hers as they walked inside. Ava's eyes nearly popped out of her head when she saw how many flavors they had.

Maddy ordered a plain chocolate ice cream cone; while Ava got a platter with three different scopes on it. The two girls took a booth in the corner and enjoyed their ice cream. Maddy loved spending time with her little sister.

"Maddy." Ava said.
"Yeah?"
"When you and Edward get married can I be the flower girl?" Ava ask.

Maddy smiled widely, "You think Edward and I are gonna get married one day?" She ask her little sister.
"Yep! You two are pu-pu-purrrfect together." She said.

Maddy smiled over at Ava; hoping that one day that would come true. She would love to be Mrs. Edward Cullen. She waited for Ava to finish her ice cream, and then the two of them decided to go to the park.

Jacob Black was sitting next to Quil on a bench in the park, watching as Claire played on the ground. Jacob needed someone to talk to-- someone who was going through the same thing he was.

"So-- what are you going to do when she gets older-- Like what age are you going to ask her out?" Jacob ask.
"I don't know, Jake-- I don't think of her like that." Quil explained, "I more or less see her as a little sister figure right now-- I'll protect her, and be whatever she wants me to be."
"And if she doesn't want you to be romantic with her?" Jacob ask.
"Then I'll be her friend and protector."

Jacob groaned-- he wanted to be romantic with Maddy. He looked over and saw a car pull into the parking spot. His heart skipped a beat when he watched her climb out. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever saw. He watched as she linked hands with the little girl and head towards the swing.

"That's her." Jacob whispered.
"Jake-- she's with that vampire. . . I think maybe it'd be best if you ignored it."
"I can't ignore it!" Jake yelled.
"What about Bella? The baby?" Quil ask.

Jacob swallowed hard-- he loved Bella, he did-- but this girl held some sort of spell over him. He swallowed hard.

"I've at least got to talk to her." Jacob said getting up and walking towards her.

Maddy pushed Ava on the swing and smiled as the little girl screamed out in joy. Maddy looked up and saw Jacob Black walking towards her, and swallowed hard. What was she suppose to do now? She looked him dead in the eyes as he walked towards her. He was attractive, very attractive, but that didn't change the love that her heart had for Edward.

"Maddy, right?" He said with a bright smile.
"Yeah." She said sharply, continuing to push Ava, not daring to look into his eyes again.
"I"m Jacob." He said.
"I know who you are." She said, facing him.

"Maddy! I'm gonna go over to the slide!" Ava said, jumping off the couch and running towards the slide. Maddy mentally cursed at her little sister for leaving her behind with a werewolf.

"Look-- I just wanted to introduce myself. I saw you at La Push--" She cut him off.
"I know, Jacob-- and I know about imprinting. I just-- I'm with Edward and you're with Bella, and you also have a baby on the way-- I just think it'd be best if we didn't talk." Maddy said.
"I can't just ignore you." He stated, looking in her eyes, "I'm not asking you to be with me-- I'll just be there for whatever you need. I'll protect you-- be your friend, whatever you need."
"I've got friends, and Edward protects me." Maddy pointed out.
"You're making this difficult for me." Jacob said.
"I'm not trying to-- I'm trying to make it easy on everyone."
"You're making it hard on me." Jacob said barely above a whisper.
"But easy on Bella, Myself, and Edward." She pointed out again.
"So, I don't matter?" He ask pouting.

Edward raced through the forest towards Forks. Alice had saw a vision of Maddy getting out of the car at the park, but then her vision disappeared. Edward knew that could only mean one thing-- werewolves. He was running faster than he ever had before. They were four hours north, but in less than fifteen minutes, he had already covered three hours on foot. He only needed about five more minutes before he arrived at the park.

"I'm sorry, Jacob." Maddy said.
"You've got to be in my life someway!" Jacob said.
"I'm sorry." She said, and started to walk away.

Jacob reached his arm out to grab her but then Edward came out of some trees and shot him a look of hatred. Edward appeared by Maddy's side quickly, hoping no one caught on to the speed.

"I thought you wasn't going to be back until this afternoon." She stated.
"Alice had a vision- and then it disappeared because of the mutt." He said in a low whisper.

She nodded her head and allowed him to wrap his arms around her waist. He watched as Jacob walked back over and joined his friend on the bench.

'I'll get her you fucking leech.' Jacob thought, causing Edward to growl loudly.

Maddy felt Edward tense.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.
"Nothing--" He said.
"No, tell me, Edward."
"It's nothing, can we go?" He ask.
"Yeah-- let me get Ava."

Maddy quickly told Ava they were leaving and loaded her into the car. Ava was glad that Edward was coming along. The small child had no clue that he had appeared out of the forest, she just assumed he had been dropped off. Maddy drove Ava home, and dropped her off. She needed to talk to Edward about something.