Fatal Attraction

Selfish

Image
Edward didn't know what to do. He loved Maddy more than anything; but was he being selfish by being with her? He couldn't give her certain things that he was sure she would want to experience throughout her life. He groaned, as he pulled on his bronze hair out of frustration. There came a knock at the door and he looked up and saw Carlisle standing there in the door way.

"Care for a chat?" His father figure ask.

He nodded his head and allowed him to come into his room. Carlisle walked over and took a seat on the small sofa beside him. He sighed loudly.

"What's on your mind?" Carlisle ask.
"I'm debating on how selfish I'm being-- how can I ask her to be with me if I can't give her anything?"
"You can give her unconditional love, Edward."
"I can't give her children-- and I won't turn her-- Those are going to be two big dilemma's with Maddy." He said.
"Why won't you turn her son? If it's something she really wants." Carlisle ask.
"Because-- Maddy isn't a monster, and I'm not going to take her soul from her."
"I'm explained to you time after time-- you're not a monster, and you have a soul, Edward."
"How can you say I'm not a monster?" Edward ask.
"Okay-- let me ask you this-- if you were a monster, truly a monster. Do you think Maddy would be with you?" Carlisle ask.

Edward groaned. Carlisle made a lot of sense.

"But-- I can't give her what she wants."
"She wants you-- and if you'll stop being stubborn, you can give her you."
"But-- Carlisle. She has a family."
"I'm sure she doesn't want it now, Edward-- give her time to experience some things. But when she wants to be changed, then change her. It'll be her choice-- and if you don't want to do it, then I will." Carlisle offered.
"No-- I'll do it-- just, I don't want to. I don't want her damned to this life."
"It's only a curse to you-- I'm sure Maddy's looking at it differently. She's probably looking at it as the only way to be with you forever." Carlisle explained.

Edward nodded his head. Carlisle got up and walked out of the room, leaving him behind with all of his thoughts. He sighed, as he leaned back on the sofa. He did want to spend eternity with her-- and if changing her was the only possible way he could do that; then he would eventually have to consider it.

Maddy was listening to the band fireflight when her cell phone started going off from the night stand. She reached over and picked it up, seeing it was Hayley calling she smiled.

"Hey Hayhay." She said grinning.
"Hey Mads-- You haven't went prom dress shopping yet have you?"
"No, why?"
"Jessica Stanley and a bunch of other girls invited us to go along-- everyone's pitching in money for a trip to Port Angeles. You in?"
"Sure-- sounds fun."
"Bella Swan might be going-- are you okay with her being there? I know you're sort of dating her ex. . . Will it be awkward?" Hayley ask.
"I'm fine with it-- it sounds like fun actually." Maddy said.

She was hoping to take this as a opportunity to make Bella realize that she had no intentions of stealing Jacob away. Hayley let her in on the details. The girls would be leaving after school tomorrow. Maddy felt herself getting excited.

About an hour later, Maddy was laying in bed watching MTV when her window opened. She smiled when she looked over and saw Edward coming in her bedroom. His hair was soaking wet due to the right. She got up, and went to lock her door, just as she did every other time he came in the room.

"Hey." She said, walking over to him and pressing her lips against his.
"Hi." He murmured.

He didn't care if he was being selfish by keeping her. He loved her, and needed her in his life.

"I missed you." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck. He grinned as he bent down and placed a soft kiss upon her lips, "I missed you too." He said.

She pulled him over to her bed and pushed him down on it, she giggled quietly as she crawled up beside him and adjusted her body comfortably against his. She twirled her hand over his stomach, not knowing the affect she was having on him.

"Hayley invited me out with the girls-- shopping for prom dresses."
"When?" He questioned.
"Tomorrow afternoon, after school, we're going to Port Angeles. Is that okay?"
"It's suppose to be really bad weather-- lots of rain, and thunderstorms. Whose driving?"
"Jessica Stanley I believe-- Bella is going too, I was hoping she would realize that I'm not going to steal Jacob from her."
"Just be careful, okay?" Edward ask.
"Of course."

Maddy leaned up and pressed her warm lips on his neck. He swallowed hard, and held back a groan that was begging to escape. Maddy was sexual; much more sexual than Bella had ever dreamed of being. Edward liked it though; it showed her confidence.

"What are you going to do tomorrow?" She ask, placing kisses along his jaw and up to his ear.

He closed his eyes-- he was in heaven, and hadn't even heard the question she had ask.

"Edward?" She ask, giggling.
"What? You can't expect me to hear you when your doing that!" He spat playfully.

She stopped, and smiled at him.

"What are you doing tomorrow afternoon?" She ask.
"I guess I'll join the baseball game." He said smirking.
"You guys are gonna play in a thunderstorm?" She ask.
"It's the only time we can."
"Oh-- you'll come by tomorrow night though, right?"
"Of course. You need to sleep, love. It's nearing eleven. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow." He said reaching down and pulling the covers up over them.

She nodded her head and snuggled up against his cold stone body. He kissed her forehead and watched as she drifted off to sleep. He watched her sleep all night-- watching her chest raise up and down. He watched as she mumbled things in her sleep, and loved how her cheeks held a tint of red. He would miss all of those things when he finally did change her out of his selfishness. He could live with the guilt of making her a monster; as long as she was his for eternity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to xXButterflyXSkullsXx for the new banner! I love it :D