Fatal Attraction

Hospital

Image

Edward raced through the woods, Alice not too far behind him. Carlisle was running home to get a vehicle. All that was going through his mind was her. He prayed she wasn't dead-- as long as she had a heart beat he could save her-- he wouldn't lose her; he couldn't lose her.

Maddy fluttered her eyes opened and looked around. Jessica was crying in the front seat, blood oozing from her forehead. Bella's cries were the loudest, while Hayley and Angela whimpered in the back. Maddy struggled to reach for her seat belt.

"Maddy! Are you okay?" Jessica ask.
"I'm fine-- are you okay?"
"I hit my head pretty hard, and my arm is hurting." Jessica said.
"How's everyone else?" Maddy ask.
"I'm hurting . . . bad" Bella said.

Maddy struggled, and eventually managed to unlock her seat belt. The SUV was flipped on it's top. She turned around and looked back towards Bella-- seeing the glass all around her body was horrifying. She knew she must be worried to death over her baby. Maddy tried to make it to the back but she couldn't.

"Bella-- just stay still, okay?"

"My phone-- it's in the bag near you Maddy." Hayley said.

Maddy struggled, but managed to pull the bag up. She stuck her cut bloody arm inside and found Hayley's cell phone, she quickly dialed 911.

"911, What's your emergency?"
"There's been an accident-- we're a little off route 55-- a SUV, five girls are inside-- I think we're all pretty hurt. One is pregnant."
"We'll be there as soon as possible." The woman said.

Maddy saw lights and then looked through the shattered windshield and saw feet.

"Maddy? MADDY?" Edward's voice yelled.
"I'm in here! I'm fine!" She said.

The force of her blood hit him full on-- it didn't help that Bella's, along with the three others were mixed with it. Alice stood back, and stopped all breathing, she couldn't handle this. Carlisle rushed out of the vehicle, as the ambulances arrived-- three came for the five girls. Edward watched as the man pulled Bella from the car first. She was cut all over her arms, and her neck was bleeding. She was crying out in pain; complaining about her stomach. He knew she had probably lost the baby-- it was all over the paramedics thoughts. There was not a possible chance that the baby could have survived.

Maddy was the last one to be pulled from the crash. Edward closed his eyes when he saw her battered body. Her forehead had a gash, which was gushing with her blood. Her arms had several cuts all along them, the force of the hair bag busting, hit her neck, and caused a chemical burn. He stalled all of his breathing; it was taking everything in him to hold the monster locked inside back. This was the most torture his body had ever endured.

"Stand back-- Edward." Carlisle said, knowing he might not be able to handle the blood.
"I'm fine-- I'm going with her." Edward said, as they loaded her into the ambulance.
"No! Get in the car-- I'll go with her; be at the hospital when I get there."
"But Carlisle!"
"Go Edward-- please." Carlisle begged.

Edward rushed over to the car and got inside. He hated the fact that he hadn't even had a chance to explain to Maddy how much he loved her. He knew Carlisle was only looking out for him, and he was thankful for that. He honestly didn't know if he could handle being trapped in an ambulance with her while she was bleeding, there would be far too much temptation. Alice rushed him to the hospital-- they even arrived before the ambulances.

Maddy was glad Carlisle decided to ride with her. The paramedics questioned him on why he was at the scene, and he just said that he and his children were passing by-- and then noticed the SUV pulled over. It was just ironic that it happened to be Edward's girlfriend and her friends.

"Carlisle-- is Edward and Alice okay?" She ask.

Carlisle knew what she meant-- she meant were they okay after smelling all the blood.

"They are fine. Are you feeling better? I'll have to remove the glass from your shoulder-- I don't think you'll have many scars. Mostly just bruises." Carlisle said.
"It was a deer-- did we hit it?"
"I'm not sure." Carlisle said.

He didn't see a deer around, but he wasn't sure if they had hit one or not. He was more concerned with making sure she was okay.

Maddy was unloaded from the ambulance and rushed into the ER behind the other girls. Doctors were taking care of Bella first-- hoping they could save her baby. Parents were being phoned. Edward rushed in the hospital, looking for Carlisle or Maddy. He followed his father's thoughts.

'She's fine, Edward-- stop worrying. It's only a few cuts and scratches, a burn from the air bag, and she'll need a few stitches for her shoulder.' Carlisle thought.

Edward nodded his head, but continued to pace back and forth. He pulled his cellphone out of his pocket and dialed her mother's number. He didn't want Susan to be too worried.

"Susan? Has the emergency room contacted you yet?" Edward ask.
"No! What's happened?"
"Maddy was in a car accident with the girls-- but don't panic! She's alright-- she's with my dad right now. We happened to be passing by down the same road and saw the SUV. She's got some cuts, bruising, and she'll need stitches in her shoulder."
"Oh God! My baby-- I'll be right there, please stay with her Edward-- you or Carlisle, please."
"Dad's in there with her now-- We won't leave her side Susan."
"Thank you, I'll be there as soon as possible." She said hanging up.

Edward ran his hands through his messy hair. Part of him was relieved that she wasn't near death. When he had saw her body in Alice's vision he was expecting much worse than a couple of bruises and scratches. Alice walked up to her brother, still kind of shaky.

"How is she?"
"Minor injuries. She's going to be okay though."
"Good-- Bella lost the baby. I over heard doctor's talking." Alice said.

Edward frowned. He hated to hear that. He and Alice walked over and took some seats in the hallway, waiting patiently for them to be done cleaning Maddy so they could visit her.

Charlie Swan and Jacob Black walked into the emergency room together. Charlie rushed over and questioned about his daughter-- Alice was shocked when Jacob walked up to Edward and ask about Maddy first, not even worrying about Bella.

"How is she?" Jacob ask.
"She's fine-- shouldn't you be more concerned with Bella?" Edward snapped.
"I am concerned with Bella-- but I need to make sure Maddy is also safe."
"She's safe."
"Not with you. She'll never be safe." Jacob spat, his hands clutched into fist.

Alice rolled her eyes.

"This isn't the time nor place!" She hissed.

"JACOB! Come on!" Charlie yelled.

Jacob groaned, as he took off in the direction of Charlie.

"I can't believe he's concerned about Maddy right now." Alice said, "His pregnant girlfriend was in the accident."
"He better not go near her." Edward muttered.

Carlisle walked down the hall, removing his gloves and exposing of them in a near by trashcan.

"Edward, you can see her now."