Fatal Attraction

Man On Fire

Image
Maddy pulled the blanket around her as she sit on the couch with her mom. Susan had finally come home from work, and wanted to spend the afternoon with her daughter. She was so happy that she wasn't injured badly in the accident.

"You wanna watch a movie?" Susan ask.
"Sure. What movie?"
"I was thinking maybe Man On Fire?"
"I love that movie." Maddy answered.

Susan smiled as she placed the movie into the DVD player. She allowed Maddy to watch the previews while she went into the kitchen and fixed some popcorn. Ava walked down the stairs and jumped on the couch beside Maddy.

"Are you otay sissy?" Ava ask in her childish voice.
"I'm fine."
"You're blue, and yellow, and even purple!" She squealed out.

Maddy laughed. Susan walked back into the living room with a large bowl of popcorn. She sunk down into the couch and Maddy placed her hands into the bowl and then chomped down on the treat. Ava went back upstairs to play with her Barbie's since the movie was far too gruesome for her eyes.

"I'm glad we got to spend this time together mom."
"I am too."
"Where is Mike and Claire? It's kinda quiet around here."
"Mike's working late, and Claire and her friends went prom shopping."

Maddy nodded her head, and then got back into the movie. Denzel Washington was one of Maddy's favorite actors. She began crying towards the end, her mother joined her.

"So, Edward told me you got your prom dress?" Susan ask.
"Yeah-- the trip wasn't totally a bad thing."

Maddy walked upstairs and got her prom dress and brought it down stairs, her mother gasped when she saw it.

"It's so pretty!"
"Thanks mom."
"You're going to look amazing in it darling."
"Prom is only a three weeks away, I'm hoping I'm all healed up by then."
"And then graduation, and then you'll be out for summer."
"I wish I was graduating this year."
"Chase graduates, and doesn't Edward's siblings?"
"Yeah, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett do."

Maddy hung out with her mom for a bit longer and then walked up the stairs. She decided to phone her dad and let him know that she was fine and home.

"Hey dad." She said when he finally picked up.
"Maddy! Are you okay?"
"I'm fine; just a few bruises and scratches."
"I was worried."
"I'm fine dad. How are things there?"
"Everything is fine here. Are you coming down when school goes out?"
"Yeah-- I'll visit this summer."
"Aaron was asking about you again. He's really tore up about your break up."
"Dad-- I know, but I have Edward."
"And I think Edward's good for you. I told Aaron to move on-- but you know how he is."
"I know; but he'll move on one day."

Maddy stayed on the phone with her father for over an hour. She looked over when she noticed her window opening and smiled.

"I gotta go dad-- I'll call you soon. Love you." Maddy said, hanging up.

Edward walked slowly over to her door and locked it, then he took a seat on the bed. He reached over and ran his thumb across her jaw line, tracing a scratch.

"You're beautiful." He said, looking deep into her eyes.

She just blushed a bit and then laid back on her pillows. He leaned back with her and sighed.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing-- I was just thinking earlier about things."
"What things?"
"College and such."
"What about it?"
"Where are you wanting to go?" He ask turning towards her.
"Uhm. I'm not sure-- I haven't really thought about it, but I kind of want to do photography I think."

Edward nodded his head. Earlier today, Emmett had ask him what Maddy wanted to do once high school was over. It dawned on him that he had no idea what her plans were after high school.

"What about you? What are you wanting to do?" She ask.
"I don't know."

And that was the truth. He didn't know what was going to happen after graduation this time. He had went off to universities before; but this time it was different. He had Maddy, and he didn't want to leave her behind.

"Are we going to go somewhere together?" She ask.
"Do you want to?" He questioned.
"I don't ever want to be away from you, Edward." She said looking into his eyes.

He smiled while leaning over and placing his face into her hair, breathing in her intoxicating scent. He moved his lips near her ear and whispered, "and I never want to be away from you."

"When are you going to change me?" She ask all of a sudden.
"I thought you wasn't in a hurry." He stated.
"I'm not-- but I don't wanna be too old before you do it; I'd like to at least still be in my teens."
"That's only two years." He said.
"A little over-- my birthday isn't for awhile." She said.
"I. . . Maddy-- I don't want to take your life from you."
"But you was going to the day of the accident!"
"I thought you was dying!" He said.
"So, you're only going to change me if I'm dying?" She ask.

He didn't know what to say-- he didn't want to change her unless it was absolutely the last option, but he also knew sooner or later she was going to ask to be changed; and he didn't know whether or not he could tell her no.

"Can we just talk about this later-- we still have lots of time ahead of us. Let's get through high school before we bring it up again, alright?" He ask.
"Fine. . . I won't bring it up again." She said pouting.

He chuckled lightly, while bending over and placing a soft kiss upon her lips.

"I love you, Maddy."
"I love you as well."
"Get some rest-- We're going to have a fun day tomorrow, you deserve it."
"What are we going to do?"
"You'll see."