Fatal Attraction

Esme

Image
Edward had woke Maddy up early the next morning and told get to get ready. She was excited because today she would be visiting with Esme. She and Esme had met before; but they had never really got to know each other. She pulled her jean skirt up over her black leggings and tossed her black sweater on. She smiled into the mirror and then walked down the stairs. Everyone was gone to work or school; she was glad Edward decided to skip so he could spend some time with her.

She grabbed herself an banana off the counter and started feeding her face. She walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch. She turned on the television and smiled when she saw that 'Saved By The Bell' was on. She hadn't watched it since she was in middle school. She glued her eyes to the television when she saw Zack Morris come onto the screen, he was her first crush; and she always dreamed of finding someone who reminded her of him. Now she laughed at that thought. No one could ever top Edward-- he was her dream come true in every possible way.

She rose from her seat when the door bell rung. She walked over to the television and pressed the off button, and then opened the door. Edward was standing there grinning. He was hiding something behind his back. Maddy scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion, and he smiled as he brought his hand forward revealing a red rose.

"I stole it from Esme's garden." He said smirking.
"It's beautiful."

Edward walked inside the house and allowed Maddy to place the rose in a small vase, and run some water in it. She packed it up the stairs and placed it on her nightstand. She turned around and smiled at Edward who was standing in her doorway. She walked over to him seductively, tossing her arms around his neck, and quickly bringing his head down to her level, where she crashed her lips down on his. The kiss was different than their others, it was hungry and urgent.

Edward pulled away and looked down into her eyes. He sighed, she was really going to be the death of him.

"Mmmm." He said placing a kiss upon her cheek.
"You're going to be the death of me." He murmured.
"Hope not-- aren't vampires suppose to be indestructible?" She ask grinning.

He sighed, as he allowed his hands to lean down to her lower back and sit there for a few moments. He pulled her close to him and groaned.

"We should get going; Esme's waiting."

Maddy nodded her head and walked down the stairs with Edward hand in hand. She locked up the house and then walked over to the Volvo. Edward was holding the door open for her. She got inside and he started up the car. She listened as the music started out slowly, it was familiar to her-- but she didn't think she'd be hearing it in Edward's car. She reached over and turned it up, and allowed cKy's 'Hellions On Parade' to fill the car.

"Since when did you start listening to cKy?" She ask.
"Uhm-- since I kind of looked through your cds one night." He confessed.
"Did you find anything else that ticked your fancy Mr. Cullen?"
"I actually liked quite a bit of your music-- it's different than what I normally listen to."

Maddy smiled as they turned onto the road that led to Edward's house. She loved how away it was from everyone else. They didn't have a neighbor for miles. When he finally pulled up to the large open house she grinned. She opened the door, and stepped out of the Volvo. He appeared at her side quickly, and linked hands with hers as they walked up into the house. He opened the door and the smell of freshly baked lasagna flooded their nostrils.

"I told her not to cook." He mumbled, taking Maddy into the kitchen.

Esme turned around smiling. Her heart shaped face was as flawless as Maddy remembered, and she was just as beautiful as she remembered.

"Hello Maddy." She said, her velvety smooth voice said.
"Hi Esme."
"I hope you're hungry."

Maddy just nodded her head-- she wasn't going to allow the food go to waste if Esme took the time to make it. She took a seat at the table, and Esme brought over a plate. Edward took a seat next to Maddy and Esme sit in front of her. She took a bite of the food, and was impressed. For someone who doesn't eat-- Esme could cook amazingly.

"Where did you learn to cook so well?" Maddy ask, mouth full, "I'm envious." She admitted.
"Food Network Channel." Esme admitted, causing Maddy to laugh.

Maddy finished up her plate of lasagna, and then sighed. That was the best meal of her life.

"So, how about you and I take a walk?" Esme said smiling.

Maddy nodded her head, and got up from the table. Edward kissed Maddy and Esme's cheeks and then watched as the two of them walked out the front of the house. He smiled as he walked into the music room to pass time.

Maddy stuck her hands into the pocket of her skirt as they walked through the back yard. It had a pebbled path that went through the forest. She had no clue why Esme wanted to take a walk with her alone.

"So, I just want to thank you Maddy."
"Thank me?" She questioned.
"Yes-- you've turned him around so much. He was so empty until you came along. You came into his life and made him breath again. I've never seen him so happy."
"I'm glad I can make him happy-- he makes me happy."

Esme smiled. She really liked Maddy, and could see her as a daughter years down the line.

"You ready to head back? I'm sure he's worried sick about you." Esme said.
"He shouldn't worry-- I can take care of myself."
"You can-- but he loves you more than anything. I don't know what we'd do with him if anything happened to you."
"Nothing's going to happen to me-- Edward and I are going to be together forever." Maddy said.

Esme smiled; she could only hope Maddy was right.

The two of them returned back to the house, and once they entered the house, beautiful sounds of a piano filled their ears. Maddy looked over at Esme, who had a smile on her face. She motioned for Maddy to follow her. Maddy walked through the house behind Esme, and entered into a dark room. In the middle of the room was a piano. Edward was playing the piano. Maddy had never heard anything as beautiful in her entire life.

Edward finished his song and then looked up into his girlfriends eyes. She was smiling wide, which caused a reaction in him; he was now smiling as well. Edward got up from the piano and walked over to Maddy and kissed her lips. Esme walked out of the room to give them some personal time together.

"That was beautiful."
"It was inspired by you." He said grinning.

Her heart tightened with joy. Edward was her soul mate, and she had no doubt in her mind that one day she would join him in this lifestyle.