Fatal Attraction

Reality Check

Image

Edward smiled when he looked down at the girl wrapped in his arms. It was Monday morning, the day that Maddy finally got to return to school. Edward reached his hand over and removed her hair away from her flawless face. Her bruises had almost faded away completely, and her scratches was starting to heal. The stitches in her shoulder could be removed in another week or so. Moving his head down, he placed his lips beside her ear, and whispered to her.

"Wake up, love." He said softly, placing a kiss upon her cheek.

Maddy slowly opened her eyes and looked into a pair of topaz ones that held her heart. She smiled, and then yawned.

"It's Monday." She groaned.
"It is-- get up and get ready for school, baby. I'll be back to get you in an hour or so."

She once again groaned as she got up from the bed. She grabbed Edward before he made his exit, and gave him a hard kiss on the lips. He moved back from the kiss and smiled.

"An hour." He said.
"Can you stay away that long?" She ask flirtatiously.
"It'll take every bit of force in me." He said seriously.

She giggled, and then kissed him once again before watching him disappear from her bedroom. She turned around with a sigh, and walked out of the room and down the hall to get a quick shower.

Edward walked inside the Cullen household to get a fresh change of clothes. Alice was beaming with joy on the staircase.

'I've got big news for you.' She thought.

Edward stopped in front of his short sister and looked down into her eyes.

"What?" He ask.
"I saw a vision this morning-- Maddy will be joining us Edward."
"What-- No. How? When?"
"I don't know-- I just saw her smiling, her eyes crimson, you even looked happy."
"I'll always be happy with Maddy-- but didn't you see the transformation?"
"Nope."

Edward nodded his head and walked into his room. He wanted to spend eternity with Maddy; but he still didn't want to change her. He ran his hands through his hair-- clearly it was going to happen, whether he wanted it to or not; he just hoped it wasn't painful. He was going to talk to Carlisle about hopefully making her transformation as painless as possible.

Maddy walked down the stairs and saw Claire bawling her eyes out. She rolled her eyes once again, just assuming Chase had broke up with her, and ignored the crying bimbo as she walked over and grabbed herself a apple from the counter. Claire looked up from the table, and rubbed the mascara away from her eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" Maddy ask.
"Chase." Claire said, through sobs.
"Break up with you again?" Maddy ask.
"No-- he got." She continued to sob, "accepted to Florida state on a football scholarship." Claire said.
"Isn't that good?" Maddy ask.
"No! I'm stuck here in Forks-- and he's going to be down there with hot girls in Bikini's all around him. He'll cheat on me!" Claire yelled.
"Then if you know he's going to cheat on you-- why are you with him Claire?"
"He's the captain of the football team!" She screamed.
"Are you listening to yourself?" Maddy ask calmly, "I ask you why you're with a guy; and you said he was the captain of the football team-- shouldn't you want to be with him because you love him?" Maddy ask.

Claire just shrugged her shoulders.

"Chase and I just fit-- we're meant to be together. The head cheerleader and the captain of the football team are always suppose to date."
"We don't live in a 90s teen movie, Claire-- we live Forks, Washington, and reality check; apparently you're unhappy and don't trust him. . . How is that suppose to work in a relationship?" Maddy said.
"You don't think he and I are good for each other?" Claire ask.
"I don't really know-- I don't know either of you well enough, but from what I've saw; even you're too good for him." Maddy said walking away.

Claire looked up from the table just as Maddy was walking away.

"Maddy." She said, stopping her.
"Yeah?" Maddy said turning around.
"I'm sorry for being a bitch." Claire apologized.
"I was pretty bitchy myself." Maddy said.
"You know-- you're not so bad." Claire said giggling.
"Yeah, I guess you can be okay yourself."

Maddy smiled and then walked out of the kitchen. It felt good for her and Claire to have a normal moment together, maybe being her step-sister wasn't too bad after all. There was a knock at the front door, and she grinned widely as she walked over and opened it. Edward was standing there grinning.

"So, it's only been fifty two minutes-- I couldn't last a whole hour." He said.

Maddy giggled, and reached over and grabbed his hand, they walked to his Volvo together.

"You looking forward to today?"
"Not really-- I'm still all beaten up." She pointed out.
"You look gorgeous."
"You're my boyfriend-- you're obligated to say that."

He chuckled, and shook his head. They pulled into the parking lot. Maddy was hoping that this day went by smoothly and quickly-- little did she know, but it was going to be filled with drama.