Fatal Attraction

Gym

Image

Maddy pressed a soft kiss upon Edward's lips as she headed into gym class. He groaned when she pulled her lips away from his. He hated not having every single class with her.

"I'll be here waiting to walk you to your next class." He said.
"Okay-- I love you, Edward."
"I love you too." He said kissing her cheek as she walked into the gym class.

Edward started down the hallway to his first class, when he caught the scent. He growled loudly and then turned around and looked down the hallway. Entering Forks high was Jacob Black with a wide grin upon his face. Edward walked towards him quickly.

"What are you doing here, mutt?" Edward ask.

Jacob held up a small red pass, which indicated he was a visitor.

"Picking up Bella's home work, Leech. Now excuse me-- I need to go down to gym."
"You don't have homework in gym." Edward said, knowing he was only going there to see Maddy.
"You don't know that." Jacob said winking, and then shoved past Edward.

Edward turned around and watched him as he walked down the hallway. He was about to follow him but then Mr. Haner, the freshmen science teacher told him to get to class. He groaned and then walked off to his class angrily. Maybe Maddy would be busy with her friends and not even notice the dog.

Maddy was sitting on the bleachers with Jessica. The gym teacher had excused them from the game of volleyball today due to them both still being injured. Maddy looked towards the door and saw Jacob Black walk in. She rolled her eyes as he smiled over at her and then walked over to the gym teacher.

"Bella called me last night, she said Jacob had changed towards her." Jessica said.
"Changed how?" Maddy ask.
"She said he wasn't as loving." Jessica said, "I think their gonna break up soon-- she's more heart broken over that than she is about losing the baby."

Maddy frowned. She felt so bad for Bella. She just wished Jacob would see what he had right in front of him. Bella was crazy over him; but yet he was so blinded by his feelings for her.

Maddy hoped that Jacob would just walk right back out the door once he was finished with his business, but she saw him walking towards her instead of near the door. Jessica frowned when he walked over to them.

"How are you two doing?" Jacob ask, directing it towards both of them, but only carrying about Maddy.
"We're fine." Jessica said.

Maddy praised her for answering for the both of them.

"Hey Jess! Come here" Mike hollered from across the gym.

Maddy groaned. Leave it to Mike Newton, she thought. Jessica slowly raised up from the bleachers and walked across the gym to where Mike was standing. Jacob smiled up at Maddy.

"I'm glad you're doing good now. I was scared for you."
"I was fine-- How is Bella?"
"She's fine. She'll be back in school next week. How's your shoulder?" He ask.
"Fine."
"You looked so helpless in that bed-- it broke my heart." Jacob said.
"Jacob-- stop." Maddy said.
"I can't." He answered, "Don't you understand what I feel for you?" He ask.
"I can't help it. I love Edward."
"But-- if you just give me a chance. We'll have something even stronger than love."
"I love him-- please, just go be with Bella." She said.
"Give me a chance-- one chance and then if you don't change your mind I'll leave you alone."
"I'm dating Edward!"
"I'm not asking you out on a date! Just hang out with me-- just you and I; and after that you can say that you love him, and I'll believe you."
"Why can't you believe me now?" She ask
"Because you haven't given me a chance."

She sighed. She needed Jacob to understand that Edward was the only one she wanted; but she didn't want to hang out with him to make him understand that.

"I'm sorry Jacob, I can't hang out with you."
"Because your leech says so. Right?"
"No! Because I said so." She said.
"Give me a chance, Maddy."
"I can't." She said getting up from the bleachers and walking away.

Thankfully the class period was almost over. She waited by the door for the bell to ring, once it did, she was the first one out. Edward was already waiting for her by the door. She was so happy to see him standing there. He could still smell Jacob.

"He talked to you, didn't he?"
"Yes."
"What'd he say?" Edward ask.
"Just wanted me to give him a chance-- to hang out or something." Maddy said.
"and you said?" He ask.
"Of course I told him no." She said.

Edward let a sigh of relief out, but he knew that Jacob wasn't quite done with his game yet. He would hassle her until she hung out with him.

"Are you sure you won't feel anything for him?" Edward ask.
"Edward! I told you-- I love you with all of my heart."

She grabbed his hand, and placed it on her chest.

"You feel that?" She ask, he nodded his head. "It beats for you, and you only."
"Then-- if he promises to leave you alone after you hang out with him, then I think it would be a good idea."
"I don't want to hang out with him." Maddy said.
"If he'll leave you alone-- won't a couple of hours of hanging out with him be worth it?" Edward ask.
"I can't believe you're agreeing to this." She said.
"I can't either." He mumbled.