Fatal Attraction

Rabbit

Image
Maddy had her arms crossed as she sit in the passenger seat of the Volvo. She was pissed, not at Edward, but because she had plans to hang out with Jacob Black this afternoon. Edward had met him in the hallway after their conversation, and the two of them come to an agreement. Jacob could spend four hours with Maddy this afternoon-- and if she felt nothing for him, then he would leave her alone. Maddy wasn't looking forward to this afternoon.

"Just try to have fun." Edward said, hoping she didn't take his advice.

The last thing he wanted was his girlfriend having fun with that dog. He was worried because Alice wouldn't be able to see her. Maddy chuckled darkly in the corner.

"Fun with him? He's a werewolf!" She nearly screamed.

He laughed-- She was fine with him being a vampire, but when it come down to a werewolf she was not fine with that. He pulled up in her drive way and took in the scent; Jacob was close, possibly just a block or so away. He sighed, as he leaned over and kissed her on the lips, then he buried his face in her hair and breathed on her.

"What are you doing?" She ask, and then felt his lips attach to her neck leaving a soft trail of kisses.

He reached her jaw and then kissed her yet again, and returned to her lips. He pulled away and smirked at her.

"Have a good afternoon, love."
"You better be in my room waiting for me when I get home."
"I will be."
"I love you, Edward."
"I love you too."

He watched as she stepped out of the Volvo. He pulled out of the driveway and rolled his eyes when he passed Jacob's rabbit. He looked in his rear view mirror and sighed. He hated that he agreed to this; but he didn't see any other possibly way. If Jacob didn't stick to his word, then there would be hell to pay.

Maddy rolled her eyes as Jacob pulled into her drive way. He stepped out of the car and walked over to her. She noticed he was dressed in a pair of dark wash jeans, and a long sleeved black top. For the first time since she had first met him, it actually looked like he put some effort into his appearance. He flashed her his pearly white smile and then opened the door of his car for her. She reluctantly got inside.

"So. . . anything you wanna do?"
"Not really."
"How about we go cliff diving." He said with a wink.
"No."
"Why not? It's not too cold."
"Because, I don't feel like dying today."

Jacob laughed.

"You think I'd let anything happen to you? I need to explain this imprinting thing to you."
"It's been explained to me, Jacob."
"Then you should know that even if you don't accept me romantically then I'm always going to feel linked to you-- I'll always protect you-- I will risk my life for yours."
"That's stupid." She mumbled.
"But it's the truth. Don't you understand how important you are?"
"Why did you imprint on me? Isn't that kind of sick or something considering you had a girlfriend and a baby on the way!"
"We can't help it when we imprint, Maddy. It just happens-- it happens when we first see the person."
"Why do you imprint on a certain person then?"
"Some say you imprint on the person who will best carry down the wolf gene; other's say it's just random, some say it means you found your soul mate, and other's believe you're just suppose to look out for that individual." Jacob said.
"Well sorry to pop the bubble here, but I'm not having any wolf genes in me." She stated.

Jacob chuckled. He liked her sense of humor and witty remarks. He just wished she would understand that he had no control in this.

"Where are we?" She ask.
"I want you to meet someone."
"Who?"
"Her name is Emily."

Maddy stepped out of the vehicle and started to walk towards the small little house. Jacob grabbed her by the arm gently and stopped her.

"Emily's uh. . . got some scars, try not to make her feel uncomfortable, kay?"
"Okay."

Jacob and Maddy walked inside the home. The scent of baked bread hit Maddy in the face. It smelled so delicious. A tall guy walked out of the back room. He was just as big as Jacob was.

"Oh! You brought her." Sam said.
"Yeah-- Sam this is Maddy-- Maddy, Sam."
"Hi."

She smiled and then looked over at the woman who walked out of the kitchen. She was gorgeous, even with the hideous scars going down her face, turning her mouth down in a constant frown. Sam quickly made his way over to her, and kissed her ruined mouth. It was such a private moment, Maddy had to look away.

"and this gorgeous lady is Emily." Jacob said.
"Jake." She said giggling, "It's so nice to meet you Maddy-- Jake here hasn't shut up about you."
"I bet." Maddy said.
"Well, Sam and I have something to do. I'll be back in an hour or so."

Maddy nodded her head. Jacob only had four hours with her, and if he wanted to waste one by running off with his friend, then that was his choice. Emily ushered her over to table. Maddy sunk down in the wooden chair and smiled.

"Jake wanted me to talk to you about something." Emily said.
"What?" Maddy questioned.
"About my story." She said.

Maddy nodded her head; Emily seemed like a very interesting person and she was actually intrigued to know about her story. Was it the story of the scars going down her face? Or was it the story of her and Sam?