Fatal Attraction

Stitches

Image
Maddy giggled as she watched Ava dance around in the waiting room of the hospital. Today she was getting her stitches out, and she was super pumped about it.

"Madison Jones." A nurse called.

Maddy, along with her mother and sister walked back to a room where Carlisle was waiting. She smiled at Edward's father and took a seat.

"How are you doing today, Maddy?"
"I'm good! How are you?"
"Wonderful. Surprised my son actually attended school considering you're not there today."

Susan chuckled and watched as Carlisle began taking her stitches out. It didn't take him but a few minutes. He smiled, "Not too bad of a scar."

"It doesn't look bad at all. Thank you so much Carlisle." Susan said.
"No problem. We had to make sure their out for prom." He said smiling.
"It's next weekend!" Ava squealed.
"Esme's going with Edward this Saturday to find a tux." He said.
"Maddy's dress is white!" Ava squealed yet again.

Carlisle, Susan, and Maddy all laughed at the little girls' enthusiasm.

"So what are you ladies going to do today since you all decided to skip school?"
"I'm going to take the girls out to eat, and then possibly out shopping." Susan said.
"That sounds fun. I hope you girls have a good time."

Maddy and her family said goodbye to Carlisle and then they walked out of the hospital. Susan smiled as Ava started jumping over the water spots in the parking lot.

"I can't believe summer is almost here." Maddy said.
"It seems like our time here has passed quickly." Susan said.
"I know. . . I like it here though." Maddy confessed.

The three of them got inside Susan's vehicle, and went to grab some lunch. Maddy laughed at her little sister as she yelled out some lyrics to a teeny bopper song in the middle of the restaurant.

"I knew it was a bad idea to give her chocolate for breakfast." Maddy said.
"You did this to her?" Her mom ask laughing.
"Yeah." Maddy replied.

Susan shook her head and covered her rosy cheeks as her youngest daughter continued to embarrass her. They quickly finished up lunch and went on a shopping trip.

"So, are you planning to go visit your father this summer?" Susan ask.
"Yeah. Edward wants to go along. . . if that's okay."
"That's fine. I'm sure your father wouldn't mind seeing him again, and maybe it's best if he goes along. Aaron can be kind of pushy at times."

Maddy nodded her head. Her mother ended up buying her some jewelry for prom, and couple new outfits. They returned home and she waited patiently in the living room for Edward to stop by. He promised to drive by after school.

Edward walked out of Forks high and made his way towards his Volvo. He couldn't wait to see Maddy. It had been hell today without her. She constantly consumed his mind. He groaned when Jacob Black stepped out of his vehicle and began walking towards him.

"Where's Maddy?" Jacob ask.
"Home, I guess." Edward muttered.
"Is she okay? Is she sick?" Jacob ask quickly.
"She's fine. She had her stitches removed today, and her mother took her out shopping. No need to get your tail in a bunch." Edward spat.
"She and I decided on being friends." Jacob announced.
"I know." Edward said, walking past him and heading towards the Volvo.
"Then you'll let her know I wanna hang out." Jacob yelled after him.

Edward rolled his eyes and growled out once he got inside the Volvo. He hated the fact that she was going to be friends with him. He raced off towards Maddy's house. He arrived at her house a short bit later, smiling as he saw sitting her on the steps chatting on her cell phone. He opened the door and heard her tell her father goodbye and snap the phone shut. She ran straight into his arms.

"I missed you so much." He said, burying his face in her hair.
"I missed you too!"

She backed away from him and turned around so he could look at her scar. He pulled her shirt down over her shoulder a bit and starred at the line. Frowning, he leaned down and brushed his lips against the flesh. It caused a shiver to go down her spine. She turned around and smiled gently at him, as she raised up on her tip toes and pressed her lips against his.

"What do you want to do today?" He ask.
"I don't know. Anything exciting happening today?"
"Jasper and Emmett are having a wrestling match this afternoon." Edward said.
"Isn't that dangerous?" She ask.
"Only for nature." Edward said chuckling.
"Can I watch?" She ask.
"Only if you remember it's all out of fun. Their just playing around." He said.
"Okay."

Maddy then walked inside and told her mother she was heading off to Edward's for awhile. She then climbed inside his vehicle and they headed off towards Edward's house.

"I'm looking forward to seeing Alice." She said.
"I'm sure she's looking forward to seeing you as well."
"I wish Rosalie liked me more."
"I'm sure Rosalie will warm up to you." Edward said.

Edward pulled into his drive way and was shocked to see a old red truck parked there.

"What's Bella doing here?" Maddy ask.
"I'm not sure." He answered.

The two of them got out of the vehicle and decided to go find out what's going on.