Fatal Attraction

Prom

Image
Maddy walked nervously down the stairs. She could hear her mom and Edward talking. She stepped off the last step and into the living room. Edward was standing there with a wide grin on his face. He looked amazing in his tux. Susan's mouth dropped when she saw her daughter-- Maddy looked absolutely gorgeous.

Image
Image

"You look so stunning." Edward said coming close to her.

She embraced him in a hug, and then turned towards her mother, who was brushing tears away from her eyes.

"Ok, ok! Pictures." Susan said.

Edward and Maddy posed for several pictures. Claire even came down, and Maddy posed for a few with Claire, who was dressed in black. Maddy smiled as Edward picked Ava up in his arms for a picture. She stood by him as he held her little sister.

"These are so wonderful." Susan said.

After a little bit longer of staying at her house, Edward and Maddy left. He helped her into the Volvo and then they started off towards prom.

"You look so beautiful." Edward said, pulling into the parking lot.
"You don't look too bad yourself."

He smiled, as he took her hand in his and brought it up to his lips. He pressed his cold lips upon her hand. He opened his door, and then walked over and opened hers. He helped her out of the car and smiled as he looked down into her eyes. He leaned down and pressed his cold lips against hers.

Once the soft kiss was finished, they began walking towards the grand march hand in hand. Maddy was pleased when she just saw a few girls wearing white dresses. Most of the girls had on black-- and most of the dresses were very similar.

After they posed for a few more pictures, they walked inside and looked around. Edward's hand was tightly intertwined with Maddy's. She could feel him tense up beside her, and looked in the direction his eyes were and saw Bella standing there with Jacob.

"Why did she insist upon bringing that mutt." Edward mumbled.
"Because that's her boyfriend." Maddy reminded him.

Maddy placed her hands upon Edward cheeks, "He's not going to ruin our night." She said.

He smiled, as he took her hand and led her out to the dance floor.

Jacob took one glance at Edward and Maddy on the dance floor and then looked away. He starred down in Bella's brown eyes and smiled. She looked incredible tonight, he couldn't deny that. He smiled, as he leaned down and kissed her cheek softly. He knew she didn't dance, but he was going to ask her to anyways.

Maddy smiled, seeing Jacob and Bella dance. Maybe, he was realizing that he was suppose to be with her after all.

"So, are we going to stay for project prom?" He ask.
"If you want."
"This night is about what you want." He whispered.
"And I want whatever you want." She said smiling.

He smiled, "We can stay. . . if you want."
"As long as I spend the night with you."
"Of course."

They dance their night away. Prom was one of the most amazing experiences Maddy had ever had. She smiled over at Hayley who was dancing with her date.

"I'm surprised Jacob is keeping good thoughts about you tonight when you look as amazing as you do." Edward whispered.
"Maybe he realized that I'll never leave you."
"Possibly. But I still don't trust him." Edward said.

Maddy sighed, "Look-- I did agree to friendship with him."
"I know." Edward said.
"I'm not going to go back on my word. I will be his friend-- but friend is all."
"I don't have a problem with friendship. . ." Edward said softly, "I have a problem with it turning into more."
"What are you so worried about? I'm yours. I've told you that." Maddy said.

She couldn't believe they was having this conversation AGAIN.

"I'm yours."

He sighed, "I'm being ridiculous, aren't I?"
"Very."
"I'm sorry-- I just don't know what I'd ever do if I lost you."
"You're never going to lose me." She said, "eternity, remember?" She said smiling.

He placed her all time favorite crooked smile upon his lips. "Eternity."

Surprisingly project prom went by without drama. Jacob didn't even attempt to talk to Maddy, which surprised Bella and Edward a lot. By the end of the night, Maddy was worn out.

"I don't want this night to end." Edward said.

Maddy yawned, it was four in the morning and she was wore out.

"It has to end-- I'm exhausted." She said.

He smiled, "Let's get you home babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
Everyone was expecting drama at prom, huh :X.