Fatal Attraction

Plane

Image
Maddy looked over at Edward and sighed. He was starring out the window of the airplane, while his hand clutched onto hers. He had been pretty silent since they left her house. She knew he was dwelling on what Jacob had said earlier. She hated Jacob at the moment. She wished he would just jump off a cliff and die.

"Edward." She spoke softly.

He turned around slowly and looked at her, his liquid topaz eyes filled with sadness.

"I love you so much. Please don't take what he said to heart."
"It's kind of hard not to." He muttered.
"You're actually going to listen to a mutt?" She ask.

He chuckled lightly when she called Jacob a mutt.

"I just-- I don't want it to stop beating." He spoke softly.
"It's going to. I want it to, I can't wait for it to."
"Stop."
"I'm telling the truth. . . I want this more than anything, Edward."

He sighed, as he leaned his head back into the seat and closed his eyes. They announced that in five minutes the plane would be landing.

"Let's just not talk about it anymore for awhile, okay?"
"No. We're going to take about it-- I'm going to talk about it. I can't wait."
"You haven't even really thought about it." He said.
"What are you talking about?" She snapped, "I think about it every single day."
"Not what you have to give up." He said.
"Give up?" She ask.
"You wont be able to see your parents, or Ava again." He said.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean. . . you can't see them anymore."
"Why?"
"Because, it'll be too difficult to control yourself."
"Why?"

Edward looked around the airplane. Even though most of the people were sleeping, or gathering their luggage for the land, he still didn't feel comfortable talking about it here.

"We'll discuss it later. . . not here." He said

Maddy nodded her head, knowing they shouldn't even be talking about it in public to begin with. She laid her head back and waited for the plane to land.

Edward held her hand as they walked through the airport. It was just four in the morning in Pennsylvania. He waited for their bags as Maddy phoned her father to make sure he was there to get them. She smiled, as Edward picked up their bags.

"He's outside!" She squealed.

He smiled, and the two of them made their way out of the airport. She spotted his cruiser easily, and rushed to his side. It had been too long since she had saw him. Her father was the most important person to her besides Edward. She knew that the transformation would be easy on her mom and Ava. Her mom had Ava, and Ava was young, and had her mom. But her father-- he had no one. He actually hoped Maddy came back home when she turned eighteen.

"Missed you so much dad!"
"I missed you too, princess."

She stood back and looked at her father and frowned. He had black rings around his eyes due to lack of sleep. She could tell he had been working numerous hours of over time.

"You're working too much." She accused.
"I have been. . . But I'm on vacation now." He said grinning.

He smiled back at Edward, and shook his cold hand as they got inside the vehicle.

"I turned the heater on, you're pretty cold, Ed." Her father said.
"I've had a migraine today, and my father says I have a cold." He said, faking a rough voice.

The ride to Maddy's father's house wasn't a long one. In fact it only took about twenty minutes to arrive. Edward was impressed by the home. It was a small two story house that looked very homey. There was a child's swing set in the front. He could imagine a young Maddy swinging back and forth on it, with a bright smile on her face.

He got out of the vehicle, and looked over the mountain. He noticed the sun coming up over the horizon and frowned. He needed to get inside quickly. Maddy noticed the sun as well, and quickly rushed her father inside with the luggage. She smiled, when she closed the door behind Edward, noticing everything was well.

"He can stay in Ava's old room."
"Okay, I'll show him where it is." She said, holding his hand as they walked up the stairs.

He chuckled as he looked around the small room he would be staying in. It had a tiny full size bed in the corner, and doll houses and Barbie's were scattered all across the room. He was sure that Maddy's father hadn't picked up anything since the girls had left.

"You kids get settled in-- I'm gonna lay down for a bit." Her dad announced.

Maddy nodded her head, and yawned. She was tired as well. Edward laughed, "You should sleep as well."
"I wanna talk to you first."
"About?"
"I want it, Edward-- more than anything. I don't care what or who I have to leave behind. I want it, okay."

He swallowed hard, "Okay." He said softly.
"You'll give it to me?"
"Yes." He said, hoping he wouldn't regret this later.

She smiled, and jumped into his arms.

"When?" She ask.
"After you finish high school-- and possibly even a year or so of college."
"After I finish high school. I'm not going no where near a college as a human."

He chuckled, "We'll see."

She smiled as she molded her lips against his. She was glad he finally decided to give in.