Fatal Attraction

Little Devil

Image
Maddy laughed as her father told stories of her from when she was younger. She was sitting on the couch beside Edward, curled up to him as he faked a cold. She didn't mind the embarrassing stories, she was just enjoying this time with her father. She didn't know how much time she would have left with him.

"Oh! and let me tell you about when she painted the neighbors fence."
"That was a nice thing to do." Edward said looking down at her.

Both Maddy and her father broke out laughing, "She painted it with her mother's kitchen paint, which was a dull orange."

Edward made a weird face, "She had a freshly painted white fence." Maddy said.

Edward laughed and shook his head, "You were a little trouble maker."
"She was a little devil." Her father said, "I can't wait until she gives me a grand kid."

Edward's heart dropped to the pits of his stomach. If Maddy went through with her transformation, and agreed to be with him forever, then her father would never get a grand child, at least not from her. Maddy could feel Edward get tense, and she massaged the palm of his cold hand, hoping to sooth him.

Her father opened his mouth to say something, but the phone began ringing.

Edward looked down at her, and she could tell he was going to say something. She raised a finger and placed it over his lips, preventing them to open.

"You listen to me-- I love you. I don't care what I have to give up."
"I can't give you a child." He whispered.
"Then I don't want a child-- if you can't be the father, then I don't want one."

Even though he still felt bad about the entire thing, he couldn't help but to smile and feel Maddy's love for him. She didn't care what she had to sacrifice for them to be together; she was willing to give it all up. He placed a kiss on her forehead, and watched as her father came back into the room shaking his head.

"What's wrong, Dad?" Maddy ask.
"I got called in." He mumbled.
"But it's your week off!"
"I told them that-- It's urgent, Mads."

Maddy nodded her head. She knew her father's job was important to him, and he took it very serious.

"I'm sorry about the movies."
"It's fine dad."
"You and Edward should still go."
"We might."

Her father smiled lightly, and then went to his room to change. She was sad that she wouldn't be going to the movies with her father tonight, which was one of her favorite things to do on a Saturday night with him.

"Are we going to go?" He ask.
"I want to! I miss this place so bad."

He chuckled, "Good, I'm glad to see where you grew up."

When it was finally dark, Maddy and Edward walked out of her house. They planned on catching the nine o'clock showing at the small movie theater in town. Edward chuckled, as he got out of the small car.

"I love my old car!"
"How come you didn't bring it to Forks?"
"Cause dad's truck isn't that reliable, and I didn't want to leave him car less." She said.

He smiled, and linked his fingers with hers as they walked towards the small building. The small town of West Chester reminded him a lot of Forks, and several other small towns he had lived in the past.

As they were standing in line, waiting to purchase their tickets for "The Proposal", Maddy heard a voice from the past, which made her roll her eyes in response. Edward tensed up at the sight of who it belonged to.

"I'll be damn. It is you." Aaron said walking up to them.

Edward wrapped his arm tighter around her waist as they moved forward in the line. Aaron had two guys behind him. Maddy recognized them as his band mates.

"When did you move back to town?" Aaron ask, ignoring Edward's death glares.
"I'm just visiting." Maddy said.
"Oh-- I thought you might have changed your mind about us. . ." Aaron said, and then looked at Edward, "But clearly not-- you'd rather date this pale face." Aaron said.

Maddy just turned around and walked forward, Edward following behind her. He wanted to crush Aaron's face so badly, especially for the mental pictures he was having of Maddy. It was almost as if he knew Edward was a mind reader, and was using that against him. He groaned loudly when Aaron pictured Maddy's lips on his in a fierce kiss.

"What are you making noises about?" She ask.
"If he doesn't stop fantasizing about you-- I'm going to break his jaw." Edward stated.

Maddy sighed, "Ignore him."
"It's kind of difficult when he's picturing your tongue down his throat." Edward spat.
"Don't get hateful with me." She said.

He felt bad, "Sorry." He apologized, "I'm just. ."
"Jealous."

He chuckled, "A bit."

She turned around and tip toed up to his level and pressed her lips against his.

"You have nothing to be jealous about."

Aaron watched as she kissed him. It disgusted him. He stormed out of the movie theater, leaving his friends behind wondering where he went.