Fatal Attraction

Goodbye

[img]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/heartagramspictures/Banners/fatalattraction-6.jpg [/img]

Maddy wiped the tears away from her eyes as she held onto her father tightly, their week together had passed quickly. She hated to let him go. She sniffed, and looked into his dark eyes that matched her own. She knew he hated saying goodbye just as much as she did.

"I'll see you soon. Maybe I'll fly up and see you on your birthday-- It's just a month away." He said.

Maddy forced a small smile upon her lips, and Edward made note that her birthday was soon. Maddy didn't talk about it, and he hadn't realized that it was so soon. He watched closely as Maddy spent the last few minutes with her father. They were already standing in the airport. He hated seeing her cry like this. If it was this bad saying goodbye now, how would it be when she had to say goodbye forever?

"You guys should go-- don't wanna miss your plane." Chris said.

Maddy hugged her father one last time, and then they walked through the airport together. Edward frowned, as he reached over and removed some of the tears from her cheeks. She forced a weak smile upon her face as they took their seats.

"Oh! Did you make sure to pick up the bag from the corner of my room?"
"Yes, I got Alice and Rosalie's gifts." Edward said grinning.

Maddy smiled, lucky for them yesterday it was overcast in Pennsylvania, and her father had the day off from work. She enjoyed the day with her father and Edward shopping, and showing him around the town where she grew up. She had purchased Rosalie and Alice beautiful bracelets from one of her favorite little jewelry stores from back home.

"Are you looking forward to returning home?" He ask.
"Not really-- I mean, I'll be happy to see mom and Ava. But I'll miss dad. . . a lot." She said softly.
"You're worried about him. . . aren't you?"
"Yes-- what if the uhm. . . you know attack him?"
"Carlisle is phoning Aro soon.."

Maddy nodded her head softly. When they left the cops still hadn't found Aaron. Maddy knew what had probably happened though. He was probably done with his transformation now, and had joined a life of immortality.

"What are you thinking about?" Edward ask.

She bit down on her lip. She really didn't want to tell him she was thinking about Aaron being a vampire-- that would be a horrible thing to say to your current boyfriend.

"I'm thinking about school."
"What about it?"
"I just hope senior year flies by."

He chuckled darkly, "and I'm hoping for it to drag by."
"I wish I didn't even have to finish."
"You're finishing high school." He said.
"They'll be plenty of opportunities to finish later."
"Madison!"
"Fine!" She said, crossing her arms over her chest and pouting.

He laughed, and shook his head as he looked around at the few passengers that were also on the plane. All of them but one was sleeping, and the one who was awake was caught up in a thick black book.

"What's my story going to be?" She ask.
"Hmm?"
"Like-- when I leave. . ."
"I don't know. We'll think of that when the time comes."

She nodded her head, and he smiled softly, "Get some rest. It's a long flight."

Edward watched her as she slowly fell asleep. He smiled when he thought about sharing his future with her. She was everything he had ever looked for in a woman. He wanted to ask her to be his wife, but he feared that it was too soon. She hadn't even graduated high school yet. Would she want to marry him? He sighed, knowing he needed to talk to someone about this.

Hours later, Maddy fluttered her eyes open to Edward gently shaking her. She smiled when she saw him grinning, "Time to wake up sleeping beauty, we're landing." He said softly.

She stretched her arms above her body and yawned again. She felt like she had been sleeping for days. Her body was sore due to how uncomfortable it was sleeping in a chair. Once they made it off the plane, she phoned her mom to let her know they landed safely as Edward grabbed their luggage. It was two in the morning, and instead of coming home, she was going to go to Edward's house. She didn't want to wake up everyone in the house by walking inside and making noises. Her mom said she couldn't wait to see her, and wanted her to come by as soon as she 'woke up'. Maddy didn't let her know she had slept the entire flight.

Maddy let out a loud excited squeal when he turned onto the Cullen road.

"What are you so happy about?"
"I can't wait to give Alice her bracelet."
"She's already saw it."
"Damn her visions!" Maddy said, causing Edward to laugh.
"How come she can use her powers on me and you can't?" She ask.
"I can-- I just can't make out what you're thinking. . . It's so jumbled. Like a million little voices in your head at the same time."
"You're just over thinking it." She said.

He chuckled, "Trust me, I tried and tried to read your mind when you first got here.

She smiled, "It seems like it was so long ago, but it wasn't even a year ago."
"I think time has went by rather quickly. I wish it would slow down."
"I don't, I want it to speed up."

Maddy smiled when he placed the Volvo in park. All of the Cullen's were already on the porch waiting. Maddy reached over and picked up the bag that contained Rosalie and Alice's present and then opened the door. She was leaving her luggage in his car, there was no need for it. She walked up the steps and Esme quickly embraced her in a cold hug.

"We've missed you."
"I missed you all as well!"

They all walked inside and Maddy took a seat in the living room with the girls. Edward was going to go hunting with his brother's and Carlisle, due to him not hunting for a week. She reached down in her bag and grabbed the two bracelets. She passed one over to Rosalie, and one over to Alice. Then she dug through the bag and found the necklace she had bought Esme.

"I love it!" Alice squealed placing it on her arm.

Rosalie smiled, "Thank you." She said softly.

Esme would be in tears if that was possible. She hugged Maddy again and thanked her for the beautiful necklace.

"So, tell us all about your trip." Esme said.

Maddy sighed, and then began telling the girls about her trip.