Fatal Attraction

Apology

Image
Maddy tossed her books into her locker and then shut the door. She knew Hayley would be at her car waiting for her. She turned around and nearly ran into Edward, who was now standing directly in front of her. She rolled her eyes, and tried to walk past him but he placed his arm in her way.

"We need to talk." He said smoothly.
"No, we don't. I need to go." She said going under his arm and walking towards the door.

Edward groaned, and caught up with her.

"Why don't you want to talk to me?" He questioned.
"Because I have better things to do." She said.
"Like what?"
"Like go home." Maddy said bitterly.

Edward quickly walked in front of her and stood, blocking her from going out the school doors. She rolled her eyes once again and tried to go around him, but he seemed to be more noticeable of her actions this time. He wasn't budging.

"Move, Edward." She hissed.
"I'm not moving until we talk."
"We have nothing to talk about." She said, clenching her teeth together.

Who the hell did this guy think he was? She clearly had no desire to talk to him. She wanted to go home, and he was standing in her way.

"I wanna apologize." He said.
"I don't care. Move." She demanded.
"I'm not moving until you and I talk."

The front door of the school sprung open and Hayley walked in, wondering why Maddy hadn't joined her by her car.

"You coming?" Hayley questioned.
"Yes, if dip shit will move." Maddy said, trying to go around Edward once again.
"I'll give her a ride, Hayley, you can go home." Edward said.
"No, I'm not going anywhere with you. Now move out of my way." Maddy said.

Edward once again blocked all attempts at her moving. She let out a loud sigh and then dropped her arms in defeat.

"What the fuck do you have to say?" She said giving in.
"We'll discuss it in the car." Edward said.
"I'm not going anywhere with you." Maddy said.
"I'll give you a ride home, Maddy. I don't mind." Edward said.
"I do mind though. I'm riding with Hayley."

Hayley was standing there watching the entire thing, until her cell phone started ringing. She reached in her pocket and pulled it out. She talked to the person on the other end and Maddy listened as she told someone she would be there as soon as possible.

"Mads, could Edward possibly give you a ride? I'm suppose to go pick up my cousin Josh from the air port right now! His plane landed earlier than expected." Hayley said.
"Sure." Maddy replied, not able to say anything else.

Hayley had been a good enough friend to pick her up and take her home every other day. Maddy couldn't bitch because something had come up. Edward smiled, and shot her a face of 'I told you so.' as they walked out the front doors. She groaned as they headed towards the shiny Volvo.

"Don't your brothers and sisters ride with you?" She questioned bitterly.
"Emmett drove the jeep today." Edward said.

Maddy sighed, as she waited for him to unlock the car. Once it was unlocked, she got inside the passenger seat and placed her seat belt on. She watched as he turned the music off, and backed out of his parking spot. She was happy that the school wasn't very far from her house. She was beginning to hate Edward Cullen with a passion, and being inside a car with him wasn't helping, especially with that God awful crooked smile on his face.

"As I was saying. . ." He started.
"You don't need to say anything. Just drive." She said cutting him off.
"Now you're being a dick."
"I'm being a bitch." She corrected him.
"How come?" He questioned.
"Because, you made a bad first impression. They sort of stick with me, okay? Now turn left off the next street."
"How are you liking Forks now?" He questioned.
"I hate it." She said looking out the window.

He laughed-- she had such a hard and tough exterior. He had never met anyone so stubborn in his entire life.

"Why are you laughing?" She questioned.
"You're stubborn." He said, turning down the street she had told him to.
"I'm not stubborn. You've been a dick to me since I got here-- so why should I be nice?" She questioned.
"What if I told you I was sorry? Really sorry. I've been going through a lot." Edward said.
"Yeah. I heard the rumors about you and your girlfriend--"
"Ex girlfriend" He corrected her.
"Ex girlfriend. But that doesn't mean you take it out on me." Maddy said.
"and I apologized. Let's start over." He said pulling up to her drive way. He turned off the car once he was in her drive way and turned to look at her.
"I'm Edward Cullen." He said extending his cold hand.

Maddy bit down on her bottom lip as she looked down at his hand, debating if she should really start over with him or not. He had been pretty nice during the car ride, but that didn't mean he was going to be nice for the remainder of the school year. She rolled her eyes as she decided she might as well try it. She shared three classes with him, and they sit next to each other in each one. If they didn't get along, then she was positive school would be hell.

She reached over and shook his hand, and shivered when she felt how cold he was.

"You should turn on the heat when you go home. You're freezing."
"I'll consider that." He said flashing her a crooked smile.

She nodded her head and unfastened her seat belt and reached for the door knob.

"Maddy?" He questioned as she opened the door.
"Yeah?"
"Friends, right?" He said with a smile.
"Friends." She said with a weak smile, stepping out of the car and shutting the door behind her.

She walked inside her house and Claire was standing by the door with a evil smile on her face.

"Was that Edward Cullen?" Claire hissed.
"Yeah, as a matter of fact it was." Maddy said, walking past her and up the stairs.

Claire followed behind her.

"Why was he giving you a ride home?" She questioned.
"He wanted to be friends, if you must know. Now go ahead-- go flock to the phone and spread the word. I know all about how you started that rumor on poor Bella Swan and him." Maddy said.
"I only spread the truth-- plus, no one would believe me if I said he gave you a ride home. He must have done it out of pity." Claire said.

Maddy rolled her eyes and walked into her bedroom, and slammed the door in Claire's face. Normally she would have said something back, but today she was in no mood to deal with Claire. She sit down at her computer and checked her email. She smiled when she saw a email from her father. She quickly read and replied to it. He promised to fly in and see her and Ava soon. She couldn't wait to see him. She then saw an email from Aaron. She noticed that for the first time in two years she didn't get butterflies when she opened an email from him. She opened the email and read over it, not even smiling when he mentioned how much he loved and missed her. Something just didn't feel right anymore. She blamed it on the distance.

She emailed him back and kept her email just like her past ones. She didn't want Aaron to think something was wrong with her. She was now questioning their relationship; which was something she had never done before. She shook her head-- knowing it must be the distance. She just misses him, and is suffering due to the separation. She looked over at her night stand and smiled at the picture of them two together. She was happy in that picture, it was her birthday and he had surprised her with a dozen roses at school. He was the sweetest boy she had ever met. But now she questioned the strength of their relationship.