Fatal Attraction

School Shopping

Image
Maddy walked through the school aisle of the store. School was going back in a week, and she needed to get all of her supplies. Alice was standing beside her, tossing items into the buggy. Edward wasn't going to come home until the day before school started back. She missed him more than anything, but was glad he was there to help her father through his first couple of weeks as a newborn. Jasper volunteered to stay with him for a bit longer, and then Rosalie and Emmett were heading that way for another month or so. Rosalie wasn't excited about the news of Maddy's father being a vampire, but she wouldn't dare go against her families wishes. She would help keep him away from humans until he could control himself completely.

"Wow." Alice said, as she looked over at a group of teenagers.
"What?" Maddy ask.
"Since when did Claire hang out with Jessica and Angela?" Alice ask.
"Since she started dating Mike Newton."
"So, they are dating?"
"Mhm, I thought you were the psychic." Maddy said laughing.
"Only when I'm looking for things! I never look into Claire's future, I could care less." Alice said laughing, "She's really changed though. She actually seems tolerable now."
"She's a lot different. I no longer want to snap her neck." Maddy said playfully.

Alice giggled sweetly, and the two of them continued putting everything they needed into the shopping buggy. After awhile of looking around, the two of them started their way towards the front of the store. Maddy was digging in her purse for her wallet, when she noticed Alice's face turn to disgust. She wrinkled her nose.

"What?" Maddy ask, "Do I smell?"
"Not you." Alice stated, looking over Maddy's shoulder.

Maddy turned around and saw Jacob Black walking her way. She didn't know whether to roll her eyes and smack him straight across the face, or just walk away. She still wasn't over the fact that he kissed her.

"Maddy!" Jacob said, walking towards her with a large smile.
"Jacob." She said bitterly.
"Aw, come on. Don't be like that."
"I'm going to uhm. . . pay for the things. Are you going to be alright?"
"She's fine in my hands."
"You mean in your paws?" Alice said, rolling her eyes and walking away.

Jacob chuckled, "And to think, I always pictured her as the nice one."
"Alice is very nice." Maddy defended.

Jacob rolled his eyes, "Possibly so-- anyways, how are you?"
"Fine."
"What have you been doing?" He ask.
"Nothing."

Jacob groaned, "Come on Maddy! Enough with these one word answers."
"What do you want from me, Jacob?" She snapped.
"I just want your friendship."
"You had it, and you fucked that up."

He sighed, "I'm sorry. I had to figure out if I felt like that towards you."
"Well, You went about it the wrong way."
"And I apologized. Even your lee-Edward said I was safe."
"Whatever, Jacob. "
"Come to La Push." He stated.
"No way."
"Come on, We're having a bonfire tonight."
"I'm not coming to wolf land." She stated.
"Oh come on. Stop being such a wus."
"I'm not being a wus. I just don't want to come to La Push." She said.
"Why?"
"Because. Why would I want to?"
"To hangout with me!"

Maddy sighed, "Sorry, Jacob. But Edward's gone right now, and I'm not going to leave the house to take a chance of missing his call."
"Oh, so your world revolves around him."

She knew what he was trying. She wasn't going to let Jacob Black get the better of her. She smiled at him.

"Pretty much, yeah." She said, and then walked away.

Jacob couldn't believe she had just walked off like that. He laughed though. He now realized that the two of them could have never worked out as a couple. Both of them stubborn as hell, and so much alike in other ways. He decided to leave her alone, and go gather up the food for the bonfire.

Alice had already paid for everything when Maddy reached her. She apologized and then the two of them made their way over to Maddy's vehicle.

"I just think it's so funny that Jacob Black imprinted on you." Alice said.
"I think it was God's way of punishing me for something." Maddy said.

Alice laughed, "But at least he realized it's not 'love'." Alice said.
"Yes, Thank God for that." Maddy said, opening the passenger door.

Alice was driving on the way home, since she complained that Maddy was far too slow.

Alice was driving down the road nearly eight miles per hour when a vision hit her full force. She concentrated on the road, and the vision. Maddy could tell she was spaced out.

"Alice?" Maddy ask.

She received no reply.

"Alice?" She ask again.

Alice shook her head, and then sighed.

"You saw something." Maddy stated.
"Yeah. . ." Alice whispered.
"What did you see?"
"You're going to be seeing your father sooner than any of us thought. . ." Alice said.
"That's great news!" Maddy squealed.
"No-- it's not. . . that means."

Maddy gasped.

"I'm going to be turned soon!"