Fatal Attraction

Monopoly

Image
After dropping Maddy off at her house, Alice took off running home. She needed to phone Edward and let him know what she saw. She knew he wouldn't be happy for her vision. He wanted to wait until Maddy finished high school before her transformation, but clearly that wasn't happening if things were going according to her vision. Her father had blood red eyes, along with herself. What annoyed Alice the most was that she still couldn't see HOW or WHY Maddy would go through the transformation. That part of the transformation was completely blank to her.

She ran inside the house at a super human speed, and quickly picked up a phone, dialing Edward's number immediately. It didn't take him but just a couple of seconds to picked up. She inhaled deeply.

"Edward, we have a problem."
"Is she okay?" He ask.
"She's fine! I just had a vision though."
"What about? Is Chris going to lose control?"
"No, no! Chris is fine-- Shut up and listen. I saw Maddy standing there, on ISLE ESME, with a red eyed Chris."
"That's not possible, I won't allow it." He stated.
"She had red eyes too. . ." Alice said.
"What? No!" Edward said.

He knew that if Maddy was on the island, while her father's eyes were still red, that meant he was still fairly new to the lifestyle. Which meant, her transformation would be soon.

"What happens to her? We can stop it!"
"I don't know! It's all blank. I can't see anything that would cause a transformation." Alice said.
"Then. . . what could it be?" Edward ask, running his fingers through his hair.

There was only a few things that could block Alice's visions. One of those would be Jacob Black-- but Edward knew that he wouldn't dare put Maddy's life in danger. Jacob would do anything in the world to protect her. His thoughts lingered to Aaron. Could Aaron have some sort of power that was blocking Alice's visions?

"I'm coming home." Edward said.
"I can take care of her." Alice said.
"No, I'm coming home. I'm not taking any chances."

Closing the phone, Edward sucked in a deep breath. He wasn't prepared for this. He wasn't ready for her to lose her life. He walked into the living room of the house, and Jasper noted he was looking paler than usual.

"I've got to go back to Forks." He said.
"What's wrong?" Jasper ask.

Chris was now looking towards Edward.

"Alice had a vision."
"Is Maddy okay?"
"I. . . Alice saw her becoming one of us, much sooner than I wanted."
"Is she in danger?" Chris ask.
"I'm not sure."
"I'm going to Forks." Chris said.
"No! You stay here-- I'll go. I promise I won't let anything happen to her."

Chris nodded his head, "She wants this life. . . I just don't want her to suffer to get it."
"She's going to finish high school, and enjoy her life before she becomes like. . . this." Edward said.

Chris nodded his head, there was no use of arguing with Edward. His decision was set in stone. Edward decided he would leave out for Forks tonight.

Maddy ran a hair brush through her hair as she looked into the vanity. She started picturing herself with blood red eyes, and smiled. She really couldn't wait to become a vampire. She already had the perfect story worked out in her mind.

Her father could phone, and say he's not missing-- she could move back to Pennsylvania (or wherever Edward wanted to go) as a cover up. She could dodge visiting her mother for awhile, and then she and her father could fake some sort of car accident or something down the road. They would be erased from history, and she could go on living her life as an immortal. The story seemed convincing enough to her.

She knew Edward wanted her to wait until she finished high school, but she really didn't see a reason to. There was only one human experience she wanted. She didn't need a diploma in order for her to become a vampire happily. She just wanted to be able to be around her father, and Edward without being the risky breakable human.

Ava ran into her room, and she squealed out, not expecting her sister.

"Maddy! Can we play a game of monopoly?" The little girl ask.

Maddy smiled, and nodded her head. Ava darted out of the room to go fetch the game. Maddy wouldn't pass up the opportunity to spend some quality time with Ava. She didn't know how much longer she had left with her bright beautiful little sister.

Ava sit down in the floor and spread the board out across the carpet. Maddy giggled, as she sunk down and counted out the money. Ava picked the shoe, while Maddy picked the dog. They rolled the dice to see who went first, and then started the game.

Ava pouted when Maddy bought boardwalk. It was her favorite property to own, and since Ava had Park place, it was the other half of the most expensive property on the board. Maddy smiled.

"Just a game." Maddy reminded her.

Ava was turning several different shades of red.

"I wanted that property!" She said, crossing her arms.
"Okay, okay! I'll trade it for Kentucky Avenue."
"Deal!" Ava squealed.

Maddy smiled as she placed the red property with her two other red ones. She now owned all three, which meant she could start putting houses and hotels on them. She and Ava both counted out money for the fake homes.

"I'm gonna win!" Ava squealed.
"No! I am!"
"No! me!"

Maddy lost on purpose, hoping to make Ava's night fun. Ava jumped up and down in victory. Maddy smiled, as she kissed her sister on the forehead. It was getting late, and the young one needed to get some rest.

"Night Maddy."
"Night Ava."

Maddy smiled as she shut her bedroom door. She would miss her little sister so much when she finally did leave this life behind.