Fatal Attraction

Not Possible

Image
Maddy groaned as her alarm clock went off. Today was their first day back to school, and she wasn't looking forward to it. Not only had she been super tired lately, but she also had been visiting the bathroom more, and eating a lot more than her normal serving. Edward had convinced her that it was the stress her mother had put on her over taking the ring.

She reached in the closet and pulled out a pair of jeans she had bought weeks ago when she went school shopping. She placed her legs inside, and pulled them up over her body. She went to bottom them, and couldn't. She couldn't even get the fabric to touch.

She looked in the mirror and noticed a tiny bump on her stomach. Confused, she traced her hands over the small growth and sighed. Of course, eating more was going to cause weight gain. But would it just be in her stomach? She noted it could have also been the jeans. She reached in and got another pair, and attempted to pull them on. Same thing.

Over the past week, she had been grounded to the house, meaning she couldn't go anywhere. Her mother wanted her to think about her decision on marrying Edward. She had stayed in her lounge clothes and t-shirts throughout the week, so she really didn't notice any weight gain through the loose material, but now she could defiantly see a change.

She tried to think of all reasons for the tiny bump.

A tumor or growth and pregnancy were the only things she came up with.

A tumor or growth seemed more likely than pregnancy due to the fact that she had only had sex with a vampire. She bit down on her bottom lip as she walked over to the bed and phoned the Cullen house. Alice picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Alice ask.
"Hey, Alice. . . It's Maddy."
"Hey! Edward's already left to come get you."
"Oh. . ." Maddy said, sounding sad.
"Is anything wrong?"
"Uhm. . . Alice-- is it possibly for a vampire to get a human pregnant?"

She noticed there was silence on the other end of the phone, minutes later Alice's voice spoke.

"I'm uhm. . . hold on-- Carlisle is coming."

Maddy closed her eyes and groaned. The last thing she wanted to do was talk to Carlisle about was possibly being pregnant. Shouldn't she talk to Edward first? Before she even had time to react, she heard Carlis'e smooth voice on the other end of the phone.

"Maddy? Is everything okay?"
"I uhm. . . Shit." She said.

He chuckled, "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine-- I guess. I don't know! Something is wrong." She said.
"What is it?"
"I think I have a tumor." She said.
"A tumor?" He ask, fear in his voice.
"Or a growth-- I don't know, but my stomach is uhm. . . a bit pouchy." She explained.
"I think I need to examine you."
"O-okay." Maddy said.
"Have Edward swing by before school."
"Okay." She said again.

She hung up, and dug through her closet for anything that would fit. She found a pair of leggings, and found a dress that went just past her knees to go over it. She pulled the dress around her tight, and looked in the mirror sideways. She looked pregnant! At least three, if not four months along.

'Not possible' she thought.

She heard foot steps coming up the stairs and knew it was Edward. She was the only one left in the house, everyone else had already left for work or school. She shook all thoughts from her heard and walked out of the room. Edward met her in the hallway.

"You didn't answer the door."
"I wasn't ready."

He could tell something was wrong with her. She looked paler than normal.

"Are you okay?"
"I. . . uhm."

That's when it first hit her. She had the sudden urge to vomit. She rushed towards the bathroom and Edward followed in behind her. He cringed as he watched his girlfriend empty the contents of her stomach into the toilet. He pulled back her hair, and placed his cool hand against her forehead.

"Are you feeling alright, love?" He ask.
"I'm. . ."

She knew what she was-- the symptoms was all there. She was pregnant.

"I believe. . . ." She then began to sob uncontrollably.
"What?" He ask.
"I think. . . I'm pregnant." She said, the last part in a whisper.

Edward backed up against the door and looked down at her, allowing his eyes to travel down to her once completely flat stomach. He could see the small pouch under the dress. She looked like she was at least three months pregnant. How could he have not noticed? How could SHE have not noticed? He then remembered the amount of stress she had endured throughout the week because of her mother.

"We. . . uh. . ." He ran his fingers through his bronze hair. He didn't know what to do.
"Carlisle said to bring me over."
"Okay." He said softly, helping her up off the ground.

He took her by the hand, and they began walking down the stairs. Maddy stopped, and Edward turned to look at her. He watched as her hand darted up to her stomach.

"What?" He ask.
"I. . . uhm, I think it just kicked." She said.
"We've got to get to Carlisle!" He said, pulling her down the stairs quickly.